Did I had a ride.... ;-)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jacobe, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Oh man...borrowed my cousins GSX-R 1000 cycle for 2 days...hmm 168HP 170kg dry weight...tops some where at 320+ kmh :D Took the bike from Helsinki at 7:30am after a Taiteiden Yц (Art-night) happening.Well after I got out of town and headed for the freeway,I started to refresh some old merry times when I used to ride those speed monsters.The police who chased me in his BWM 1200 mororcycle ,wrote on his bill that I were riding 167kmh average for 2553 meters.(Lot of traffic ,topping bout 250kmh at best ;) ...Hmm the copper asked could I get this bike to my hometown 10am...I told 'sure' and he told me that my driving licence is suspended after 10am.Well I got home and slept 3 hours my bad hangover off.After I woke up ,I called to my bud which have never been riding BIG bikes.I asked him to join for some touring.I took him with me and left my hometown.The local police followed me and When I reached the nice smooth roads around the lake nearby.I started to see some blue light and sirens around.2 gears down from 4th and full throttle.hehe 240kmh in few seconds.Nice rush for adrenline addicted ;) The whole goddamn day vent evading those bastages. :flyer:
    Unreachable :D

[​IMG]

2. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

When I was young I had a little Putch 50, rebored with oversized piston rings and rebuilt the carb to give around 110cc. Anyway a friend of mine had a CBR1300 and said did I want to see a real bike in action. Anyway me being young and suicidal said No Problem dude, so I hopped on the back and off we went. It was daytime and we were going down the A1M (Motorway) and we were zipping past these cars like they were standing still, so I tried to peak over his shoulder to see the speedo, as I lifted my head the wind caught my visor (I had it open a bit) and ripped it straight off.

He later told me we were doing 160mph, needless to say I wouldn't want to do it again as a passenger.

Malino

4. sebget

sebget Active Member

re

cc jacobe, gsxr 1000 is fun :super:

did a testride last month, but i decided to buy 750 instead, streets are not a straight line here :D

problem is: my girlfriend (i live with her) is not really happy about it (because of the money i will spend), so I guess I have to sell my old bike (fzr 600) :(

[​IMG]

f...

dive

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Attached Files:

6. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Nice yamaha sebget :) I used to have CBR600F ,very nice handling but just 93HP ... :rolleyes: Then I sold that and got :

7. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

a motorcycle needs only 2 valvet, 1 for the front wheel, 1 for the rear wheel :D, only that rulez, my Elsie, RD 350 LC 4L0, 4 stroke were made from the Evil, the devil ;), regards mosche :cool:

[​IMG]

8. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I had a bike called c200. 90cc I believe. Top speed of about 50 mph.
    I got it from a kid who owed me money and couldn't pay.
    I was 16. I had no driver's license.
    I rode it for a year. Summer and winter. Rain or shine. (no, I did not ride it in the snow).
    It was a simple machine. It was small and light and slow. The only way to get rubber was in an emergency stop.
    I still do not know why I did not kill myself on that bike. I wore no helmet, I drove in insane wheather conditions and used to drink and smoke a lot more than I do now-a-days. I don't remember riding it while I was drunk. I don't remember.
    Do you know what a chain saw sounds like? Ring dingdingdingdingding.... RING DINGDINGDINGDINGDING dingdingdingdingding. RING RING RING DING DING dingdingdingding......
    Well, it didn't sound like that. It sounded more like a purring cat:
    Pudpudpudpudpudpudpud.
    I never got arrested, stopped, busted by the police or dead.
    that was 27 years ago
    When I was 17, after riding it for a year, I hopped a plane to the Oil Patch and left that bike with my cousin. He beat on it in the back trails by his farm.
    And it is still there, with hay in the spokes and mice living in the seat stuffing.
    I am sorely tempted to offer him fifty bucks for it, bring it inside and restore it.
    In the old days, big fat greasy men on their big fat greasy Harleys used to gather around me to intimidate me, to laugh at me and then to roar off and leave me putting along in the dust "Hey look at the little guy on the little Rice Burner!"
    Now, it would be a SEMI-vintage Rice Burner, wouldn't it?
    Would I still get laughed at by big fat greasy bikers? Maybe. But I am now a big fat greasy, grey bearded MAN, not a boy of 16..... It might be fun....
    and 120 miles to a gallon....
    If I wanted to, I could ride it to Calgary for 15 dollars.

I just got an idea.

+++
    ATA
    NO CARRIER

9. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I have a old blind Great-uncle up at Quadra Island. He runs a sawmill. Everyone in his family is waiting for him to kick so they can argue over his property.
    When I was young, I rode around on a monster he had in his shop.
    It was a "Ural" Somthing or other. I know what it was now, because I just found it on the internet. But back then it was something mysterious. My Great-uncle went from North Africa all the way to some town in Germany as a soldier in the Canadian Army.
    I don't know how he got that bike. My cousins told me different stories, some day they will be, instead of "stories," "family legends." It was said he murdered a Soviet Soldier and stole his bike (not possible). It was said he won it in a poker game with some Soviet soldiers (less possible). It was said he found it laying in a farm or something somewhere (somewhat possible).
    My Grandfather, his brother, said he bought it and shipped it home after the war was over (possible).
    The last time I was up at the sawmill, that bike was in a barn and had chickens sitting on it, eggs layed in the sidecar and chicken shit everywhere on, in and around it.
    When my uncle kicks the bucket and all the cousins are arguing over who gets what, someone in the family is going to sneak by that sawmill and swipe that fucker and it won't be noticed....
    How do you write a letter to a blind guy begging him for a thing?

I got another idea

+++
    ATA
    NO CARRIER
    Maybe I will.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2003
  10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

11. laline

laline Well-Known Member

Did I have a ride

15 years ago i brought my norwegian girlfriend, who is now my wife, to Denmark to meet family, friends and foes. And we met one of my best friends who had just bought himself a 500ccm Kawasaki cross-bike. (One with no plates) And, of course the guy offered me a ride on my own. I wasn't really dressed for a motorbike ride, only wearing pants and light summershoes, but what the f...
    Took off like a rocket up through main street turned around and down again making noice like 10 freight-trains or more. Suddenly to police on fat BMW's were spotted at my 6 and a looong chase begang. End to story was, that to avoid these two fellows I had to make a short-cut thru the local semetary which i new they could not enter on their fat machines due to narrow entrances. BUT, the problem really was that I did not take into concederation that a funeral was taking place at exactly that time and of course these moody people did not like me making that much noice when they were trying to get rid of a dear family member.
    Hounestly, deaply in my heart I do understand why my wife does not want me motorbike riding again..... :(

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Re: Did I have a ride

hehe, I can imagine,

well biles, I'd say go for it!

<Z>

13. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

LOL laline ,u we're close to that place i don't wanna end up with ....at least when riding those baby's.I once rode honda 500 crosser ,man those fkers fly! :D

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I ride always calmly. No need to crash and stop a whole life fun for 10 mins of thrill. My oppinion

15. sebget

sebget Active Member

Thx jacobe,

did some mods to my bike in the last two years and there are a lot of mods I prepare now to do in winter and next year, cause my plan to buy new bike would make me a single again :(

Fork, front brakes and frontwheel I will take from YZF 600 `96, mix it with Yamaha R6 swingarm and rear suspension (and rear brakes as well). Next month I will start building a new tankcover (glasfiber) and new seat (now its very hard to ride long distances). There are a lot of details planned as well, like powder coating the frame, swingarm, parts of the fork and the wheels and finish work with chrome-looking brush of the bodywork in british-racing-green :super:

btw, the fzr 600 has about 90 hp too and I agree with ur opinion - its a little bit weak. But I will change highspeed to a lower limit and raise acceleration instead, cause more than 200 km/h is really hard to drive over longer distance.

keep one wheel down guys, -dive-

@ Broz: everytime I start to go for a ride I say the same to myself, but when engine starts, brain stops working :D

16. sebget

sebget Active Member

btw, thats how my bike looked like when I bought it two years ago

[​IMG]

-dive-

Last edited: Sep 4, 2003