OT: Zero Tolerance

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by sebbo, Sep 30, 2003.

1. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Some hard-line puritans in Indonesia are trying to come up with some new laws. If I were living in Indonesia, I'd be in serious trouble!

1. Me and my SR live together, but we're not married. 5 years in prison.

2. My SR takes the pill, but accidents happen. Since we're not married, I'd face a 5 year sentence if this happened.

3. Me and my SR like sex. A lot. And of course, sex without foreplay isn't sex at all... But every time I slip my dick in my SR's mouth (or go down on her) I'd be facing a 2-to-7 year sentence. This MUST be bad for interpersonal relationships!

4. Anal sex. Ever tried that? I know I did. And that's another 5 years in jail!

5. I am glad I'm not bi-sexual. I mean, I already am facing 12 to 23 years in prison by just being a good heterosexual, but if I'd liked to smoke some pork-skin sausage every now and then, I'd be SERIOUSLY fucked in more ways then one. Yet another 10 years, for instance. MINIMUM!

These laws are currently being worked on by the Indonesian department of justice. I've been told that certain states in the USA have laws like this already!

2. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Looks like the Taliban emmigrated to Indonesia.

Mal

3. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

I guess i'll never live there...
    Indonesia just for surf...

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

in Poland you can get up to 2 years (for father, doctor and medicall staff) for a abortion... not only islamic extremists are dangerous, catholic ones are the same.

BTW- i heard that the law of State Kansas strictly forbids making love when light is turned on... so mister Jones, miss Smith... TURN THAT DAMN LAMP OFF please! :nono:

5. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

It's nonsense for you, nonsense for me, but if that's ok with Islamic culture (and it is an Islamic region), then it's not your fucking problem and not your fucking bussiness. Same with death by stoning in Nigeria, same with strict Koran laws in Afghanistan, same with cannibalism in New Guinea ;) or whatever. Why do we feel obliged to spread the "western" culture and habits all around the world?

6. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Thanks Stec, that's the reply I was waiting for :)

This has nothing to do with the Islam. There are states in the USA where the same rules apply!

7. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

True, but I won't comment that because I don't want to be flamed as "America Basher (tm)" ;)

8. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Anti-american seems to be pop word in US media:)

I think anti-bush would be better considering where most of the critizm is aimed.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Nah, indonesian army is equipped with m-16s to fight against rebels and uncontent civilians.
    Big clothing companies of our western nations have many factories over there.
    Not to mention low production costs since local people are POOR.

We like to keep it that way. <sarcasm>

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

11. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have asked... :rolleyes:

12. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

"SR" means "Sperm Recepticle"... A more sane human being would refer to his SR as "Significant Other", "Partner" or "Girlfriend".

13. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

There's one difference between the USA and Indonesia, though.... In the USA, these laws are left over from old times. Noone ever gets into trouble when they break these laws. They're not enforced there....

14. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

SR?!! OMFG!!!@#!
    u sick sebo!!!!@#!:mad:#)))))

15. klaf

klaf Member

i agree that foreign cultures are hard to understand and accept ( the chinese have a very specific menu :D ) and that one should try not interfere but...

a story:

a tourist from the west comes to africa, hires a native guide and they

set off into the jungle. unfortunately they are caught by cannibals which intend,

as cannibals do, to eat them. the tourist protests: i come from a civilised

country where people don't eat each other. However, i do respect your barbaric

customs so it will be right if you eat my native guide. Settle it among

yourself.the end

my point is that nobody likes to be tortured, killed, prosecuted, imprisoned no

matter where he lives

greetz

16. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I warned you :deal:

17. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Old news, Bart, old news.... You still want to come over to Holland now????? :D

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Isnt it then just as easy to say the West should never have been bothered about Hitler's actions against the Jews in his country? After all, if in his warped mind he felt he was acting for the good of his nation, then he was within his rights to do what he done, based on your view point.

It is not about 'spreading the western culture' imho, it is about reacting to situations where people's rights and civil liberties are abused by people in power. Even more so when those people in power are able to act without fear of retaliation and regularly abuse the laws that they willfully kill their own citizens for abusing. Alcoholics and sexual predators ruling some Arabic countries is but one example.

If we sit idly by and do not get involved, the 'West' is accused of only caring for their own interests and not using our political muscle to intervene. If the West do intervene at all, they are accused of having some kind of vested interest in a financial or territorial gain, despite the fact that for all the operations the US has been involved in over the past 60 years, they own no part whatsoever of the countries that they had military involvement in, save perhaps for their own embassies or bases set up under agreement.

It has nothing to do with trying to 'westernise' parts of the world, but has everything to do with regimes which act in a barbaric manner and do not allow their citizens a fair chance to prosper and be free. I, personally, feel everyone living in a civilised country has a duty to get involved and help out their fellow men as much as they possibly can. To do anything else is simply playing Pontius Pilate.

-glas-

19. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Glas: Verrrrrry nice post!

To which I would like to add the following:
    What these people are proclaiming has NOTHING to do with the Islam. The Islam is a religion of peace (even more so then christianity or judaism). What hard-line Sji'a's and fundamentalist Sunni's are preaching is a PERVERSION of islam, just like the repression of palestinians in Israel is a perversion of Judaism, the war in Northern Ireland is a perversion of Christianity and the terrorist strikes in India are a perversion of hinduism.

According to the Quran, man and woman aren't the same, but equal in their worth as human beings. Compare that to the old testament...
    According to the Quran, gay-sex isn't something to be proud of, but violence against gays is something explicitely forbidden! "Judgement belongs to Allah, and not to mortals" or something along these lines.... The bible says something completely different.
    According to the Quran, people that believe in other deities are misled and should be educated rather then punished (as we see in the bible, for instance). The Quran LITERALLY says "A person that refuses to acknowledge the might and greatness of Allah does not know life" (Compare this to the old-testamental "Kill Kill KILL the unbelievers!"), which has unfortunately often been interpreted as "A person that refuses to acknowledge the might and greatness of Allah does not deserve life" but this is a wrong interpretation and malevolence in people, not malevolence in scripture.

So please... Don't judge muslims because of some madmen. We got imbeciles like this in Christianity as well.

20. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

ahh many wars fought over religions. if you ask me, any religion sucks. i am not a religious man, but living in america, i like to think that if you go by the ten commandments your good to go. they are just really basic rules. and if all followed them, me thinks it would be a very nice place. don't you agree ??? (not asking anyone to join christianity, just think of the 10 commandments as basic rules or make up some, similar to abide by as laws not religious cries.)

about other religions i really can't speak for or against. but your interpretations of the coran sebb is just that. an interpretation. i do like the peaceful interpretation side of it. but unfortuanately the extremists really screwed it up for good natured religious people of any religion. a friend of mine from serbia, fled his country for fear of his throat being cut in the middle of the night, by a nieghbor of muslim religion. i don't know who was right or wrong thier. i do know, the leader of yugoslavia then, was definately not right with ethnic cleansing too. if you ask me, that whole area is a hot bed of religions! who is right and who is wrong? heck, that whole quadrant of the world for that matter is religious crazy. but if you asked me. if they all could give up religion (what ever it may be) and set some basic human principles/laws that insure human rights. they could get along as nieghbors instead of bitter enemies of some long in the tooth religious banter!