Aces High II - Open Beta released

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by lucull, Oct 16, 2003.

1. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AH19900.EXE

Just offline, limited planeset and I discovered many bugs in just 10 minutes. :-(

The ground looks awesome and the planeskins are very nice. Flight model hasn't get a revolution and feels like old AH so far.

I have quite low fps [20-50] on my AMD XP 2000+, GForce 4 Ti 4200 512MB Ram. Well, it's early beta and will get better.

Have fun

:alc:

2. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

3. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

FYI, I run it on 1280x1024 32 bit with highest detail level. ;)

Resolution, colour, detail level is adjustable. From forum reading, it's playable from 1GHz and Geforce 3 in lower res.

4. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

5. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Still no way in 700MHz and Geoforce2 :)

6. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i got the rig it takes, but not a joy :-\ damn new PCs that come only with USBs!

7. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Same here nica. Any luck in looking for an *adaptator* ?

8. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Looks really awful, no chages to FM or gunnery so far, AH:ToD delayed, what the hell were they doing all this time??

9. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

That was my first thought too, but rewriting the graphics engine and adding the new eye candy stuff with the shaders, bulding new terrain, remodelling all 3d models and flight models, it's a load of work. Anyway, I hoped they would have been closer to a release candidate than an early beta. :(

Many things are afaik just disabled for this beta version. First they wanna clear the main graphic and render problems, therefor no explosions, no visible damage model, no new hit sprites and no online gaming!

So far, the terrain looks really cool and the high res textures are very nice, same to the smoking tracers. The FM has been remodelled, but it's not a different game now, thank god. High speed handling is quite the same, but when it comes to slow speeds, you see the different. Feels very close to Il-2, it lost it's crispiness. Also they increased the torque effect. Test the spit9 on take off with wep on and you see the big difference.

I think/hope, that with the next patch, they will enabe more of what they've already done and will enable soon an open beta arena for the crowd to have fights. They also said, that first they wanna debug the non-easy stuff (graphics engine), before they give us more. :UU:

10. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

You don't have a gameport?

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

offline only? tell me again when it goes online :p

<Z>

12. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Holaz sergey!!!

Aqui em Poa na Digimer tem um adaptador gameport>USB por uns 80 pilas (ъltima vez que vi +- uns 3 meses) mas nгo sei se resolve... :(
    ps qdo vem a poa pra umas bramas?

13. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Holaz paulinski!!!

Puizй tchк como vo pagar 80 paus num adaptador sem saber c o treco funciona mesmo... queria ouvir de alguem q jб tenha tentado pra naum por dinheiro fora.
    O jesus experimentou um outro tipo de adaptador mais barato que й um pouco diferente mas naum conseguiu fazer funfar. Mas se bater o desespero eu mando nesse aн mesmo. :)

Quanto a ir em PoA.. to sempre por ir...
    Sу tem uma coisa... prefiro as morena. Intaum enquanto cs bebem as loira eu fico com as pretinha. :D

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

mount an old soundcard with a gameport :)
    weakiest excuse ive ever heard ;)

15. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

I thought about that spuint but my old comp's sound card is ISA and my new one has only PCI slots. :dura:

16. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

haupt u fuckhead;)!
    why aren't ya flyin lately?

17. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Hey bartholomeus :)

Hey.. ive played some sorties yesterday but since no joystick i flew more buffs with mouse. Im having same nicae's prob.. also.. im totaly addicted to America's Army and thats all what i have been playing for the last months. ;)

Little less assholes there and the ones that act like assholes i just snipe them on the butt since they cant run away in 190s. :D

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

technology = damned if ya do, and damned if ya don't. :(

19. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Hey. I got a wingman extreme digital stick (never mind, I know they bust easily, been there done that). On the stick there is a dooey, a thingie, it is so the stick can connect to a game port OR a USB port.
    I no longer have a computer, so it really doesn't matter to me anymore (cry cry sob cry whine).

20. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Well, well, well- look who's there again... Haupt please don't you make any more excuses- what is the cheapest game port PCI soundcard in Brazil? 20 Bucks? And when concerned with assholes- it gives much more satisfaction, when you catch a Dora after 20miles long chase, that just sniping someones butt in FPP shooter. Isn't it right? Come on, rejoin us :@prayer: we miss You back in the air.