Greatest Threat to World Peace

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Malino, Nov 3, 2003.

?

Which Country is the biggest threat to world Peace

Poll closed Dec 3, 2003.
  1. Israel

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. USA

33 vote(s)
    67.3%
  3. North Korea

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Iran/Iraq etc

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. dick_steel

dick_steel Well-Known Member

Have been enlighted! And must agree.

After very-very deep-deep thinking, i finally have figured out what is a major threat to world peace.

FHL update is still hanging "in there"!!!

PLEASE ADMINS SAVE THE WORLD!!!!

2. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Nice thread... WTF sometimes ppl amaze me with their stupidity.

The poll lacks one category: stupid ppl, thinking that they know solution to every problem in whole world.

No matter if they are communist dictators, stupid tyrans, islamic/catholic/jewish/....(empty space for everybody to place his favorire religion/philosophy/way of life) extremists, skinheads or just morons becoming US Presidents... they pose a serious threat to the world peace not because they are beliving in something, but because they think everybody should belive in the same shit they belive in. And i'm happy enough not to give a fuck 'bout them as long they are not blasting away my neighbourhood. I'm laughing out Platos idea of state, Smithsonian idea of free-market and Marxist communist ideas cause i'm allowed too. I can express my opinions worldwide thru Internet, without carrying about consequences, cause i'm living in land ruled by people, who didn't objected to it (although they are morons anyway). Some ppl are living in countries in which that isn't possible. 4 example- China, N.Korea, Islamic Countries, U.S. (remember fuckin' Politicall Corectness and new security authorities there). That happens because they are ruled by stupid governments and not because (f.ex.) they're gennerally worse than i'm. Such morons deny us free thinking, cause they arn't able to think freely (thus viewing "free-market of thoughts" as a serious personal threat) and, by doing so, pose the greatest threat to world peace.

Blaming any nation, any ethnic or religious group is nothing more than stupid and obvious racism. MOST OF YOU ARE RACIST!!! The fact, that someone believes, that there's a god called Buddha/Jahwe/Allah/....(again free place 4 U) or simply doesn't belive in any form of deity, that someone has black/yellow/white/spotted/pink skin, believes in communism or NYSE, was born in U.S./Israel/Germany/Iceland/...(and so on) doesn't tell us nothing about him. Moreover- as long as such person isn't trying to harm any other person/nation/race/relligion in ANY WAY we shouldn't bother with it. Let us live in peace and blaming any particular country of beeing a threat to this peace is not the way to achieve it.

HOWGH! You may be seated, the -frog- has spoken ;)

3. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

What the fuck ???

4. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Fundamentalist racism.... what can ya do? :dunno:

5. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Quite easy, Afi:

If I were less friendly, I'd say that 20 years of re-education in the Gulag would serve such people nicely. But I am afraid that wouldn't be worth the effort. I just shrug my shoulders and move on..... :(

6. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

I'm very happy to see he isn't getting any support from anyone.
    now i don't have to kill ya all ... :D

Peace out. :alc:

7. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

WOW .... arabs are the biggest threat....

Fox news told you that? Or (hardly to believe) is your own opinion?

:dunno:

And are u going to destroy Namibia aswell to bring them peace and freedom like u do in irak?

:dunno:

Another world is Possible FSE 2003 in paris
    http://www.fse-esf.org/

8. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Ach... what's wrong with you ?
    Don't you know world-famous biles posts ?

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Well you can read such opinions for real. Biles wouldn't be the only one who's lost it.

To say the truth i dont really fear any of them. Sharons interests are only on their backyard. Bush has got so much critic that they wont pull any more of these iraq stunts for a while. Maybe before next elections. Invasion to mosambic or uganda...axis of evil. Bah... people in western africa will continue to kill eachother by millions and have their dictators...no one gets interested about them in future either. Theres no good oil deals or anything...

World situation isn't *explosive* now. Theres lots of shit going on but i feel safe.
    Our little finland is so far from everything and so unimportant. No one is terrorizing us or angry at us. No one has reason for it.

Biles is the biggest threat to my inner peace. Something snaps in my brain whenever i read his posts. :D

10. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I was reading that the terrorists invovled in the recent attacks in Saudi (the one where they blew up the buildings with foreign workers and tried to shoot down an airliner) the weapons and terrorists were traced back to Mogadishu in Somalia.

Funny how we had the opportunity to sort that place out 10 years ago but "chickened out" for political reasons.

Opens a whole new perspective on the current issues with Iraq.

Mal

11. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Chicken or Egg, Malino????? :D

If the USA never got involved in the Middle East, chances are none of the stuff they're going trough now would've happened.....

You see, the problem is this. I believe that the USA are honestly trying to do the right thing. Of course it doesn't always work out and stuff, but the intentions are good. BUT: because the USA has always had some difficulties relating to other people AND because most of the countries in the world hate the USA's guts (for bull-shit reasons, I must add), shit tends to hit the proverbial fan every now and then. Examples?

- Vietnam. The best example of USA miscalculation. Who could've known the Southern government were even worse bastards then those jerks up north? The US government had good reasons to go to war here, but the world (and loads of people in the US) thought differently after some "scandals" about the southerners and the GI's. So, when 58.000 people died and it seemed like the then-prez was going to loose the next elections, he pulled out like a catholic adolescent after hearing his date is about to ovulate.... Vietnam went down the shitter, and the citizens of the USA doubted their status of "good guys" for the first time ever.

- Israel and the rest of the middle east. Lemme see.... A long, long time ago, a small guy with a funny moustache said not-so-nice things about people with dark hair and bigger-then-average noses. Nobody objected when these people were beginning to die, except for the USA (and England, but that's not the issue at hand). But the USA didn't WANT to get involved, even though they knew that they SHOULD.... So then the Japs attacked, the USA government FINALLY had a reason to take on the guy with the funny moustache and kicked his ass (together with the Russkies, Canadians, Australians and Brits, that is). But then they started feeling guilty... So they fast-tracked a resolution allowing these people with dark hair and larger-then-average-noses to build their own country. A good thing, but they built this country in a region where a lot of other people with dark hair and larger-then-average-noses were already living.... That caused quite a lot of grief, and we're still up shit-creek because of this.
    But then again: did those yanks have a choice? No, they did not. I still FIRMLY believe the USA did the right thing back then, and I still believe those (expletive deleted) Arabs should shut the fuck up and leave those poor jews alone. And while I'm at it, those (yet another expletive deleted) Israeli's should shut the fuck up as well, shove that goddamned "apartheid"-wall up Sharon's stinking arse and get on with their fucking lives. You can't blame the USA for those Arab and Israeli jerks killing eachother. Back on topic: the USA did what they had to do, back in 1947. Give a persecuted group of people their support and arrange a country of their own for them. I KNOW the USA did this because they felt guilty for what befell the jews between 1933 and 1945, but to me, it only makes the American gesture a lot more meaningfull. Kind of like a "OK-we-screwed-up-sorry-'bout-that-how-can-we-make-it-up?"-thing....

- Iran. A bunch of loonies who hated two entities: Iraq (because of oil) and Israel (because they're jews). Their anger towards Iraq may have been justified, but their hatred towards Israel was just plain racism. The USA supported Israel and therefor were a "good" target??? Fuck off and die, mr. Khomeini. Like I said, the Israeli's are entitled to their own country, and I respect the Americans' struggle to get that country under steam. So if you think this is a reason to attack the USA, you must be raving mad.
    But when the USA tried to liberate their soldiers, they did so half-heartedly and lost loads of lives in assorted incidents. Well, that's what happens when you try to save your people without causing to much collateral damage. So once more, a slight miscalculation by the yanks.

-Somalia. Jesus, now THAT was a clusterfuck. Either you bring ALL the weapons you got, or you stay at home. And since the USA felt things were going to hell in a handbasket, they couldn't just pretend nothing was going on. They just HAD to do something, and when they did, their soldiers lacked everything. From training and weapons to governmental support and dedication.

-Iraq. I've said it before and I'll say it again: attacking Iraq was a dumb move. 1. It cost the USA loads of international credibility (WMD's? The "Al-Qaeda"-connection? All bull-shit). 2. It's practically impossible to pacify this country. 3. Saddam Hussein is FUCKING smart and FUCKING paranoid, which makes him hard to get to. 'Nuff said. To me, this is the only time ever the USA started a campaign against the wrong foe.

But wait: sometimes the USA DOES get it right! World War I and II, Korea, Serbia, Panama, Desert Shield/Strike.... All examples of situations in which the USA's repsonse was swift, decisive and (most important): JUST.

I think it's tragic, the way the US tries to police the world..... Sorry, let me re-phrase this last sentence:
    I think it's tragic, the way the US tries to make the world a better place and failing so often. It's not incompetence, it just happens. the only ways to avoid this I can think of are isolationism (impossible, look at what happened in and after WWII) or better judgement. And like they say, hindsight is always 20-20, so it's easy for me to judge....

Tragic, just tragic. I feel sorry for the Americans, because I'm SURE they're good guys.

12. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

And no, I didn't mean any sarcasm in the above post.

13. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

damn bas, i think u meant that : "the way the US tries to make the world a better place FOR THEM"

let me point this, the ppl that tries to make a better place are not the americans, are the ppl aking for the Tobin task, for the peace, for the disarm, the international justice court banned by USA, the poor caribeans that are not allowed to sell their bananas in europe, genpeace, ATTAC, Lula, etc, etc etc...
    ะท
    THEY DO TRY to make a better world, americans just try to make the world their garden, not better for anyone than them.

am i right or not?

and now.... U MISSED ME GUYS? ;') CAUSE I DO!!!!

lol bas, explain this ppl the mood in my university and then wonder again which ppl fight for a better world, the Marines, or the students of politics in Madrid (who BTW are sending 10 buses plenty of 500 ppl tomorrow to PARIS to live the 2nd European Forum plenty of more ppl who wants to make of the world a better place)

and.... about the biles topic? Was a joke? Damn me then!

greetz fla!!!!! I'm wishing to talk to you and learn alot of things about portoalegre!!

(keywords: peace, tobin, justice, Portoalegre, ATTAC, LULA... damn, this topic is gonna be in the top ten in the CIA list today)

14. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Bas, Panama ? Why you think that was the 'right thing' ?

Ach, Damn you! Where have you been ?
    Porto Alegre ? I don't live there (a few hundreds Km far). Why you want to know about it anyway ?

15. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

If it makes you happier my friend, I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee a couple months ago that says that :D

16. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Hey bullet, did I mention I tried Lambrusco the other day?? Awesome! Great hint, thanks! :cheers:

Today I'm having Bolla Bardolino, which is my favorite :D

Warm regards,

17. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

bolla bardolino, is it a sweet wine? they are my favorite type. other types tend to be to dry, leaving your mouth sterilized lol (which may be good in some cases ) ;) i'm gald you liked Lambrusco. my favorite is made by Reunite. :) lambrusco is made to drink young (it doesn't improve with age in storage) it is sweet, but not as sweet as sangria (which i also like) i would say the driest wine i can tolerate is semi-dry, like vin rose. any how describe bardolino please fuhrer ??

18. zh

zh Well-Known Member

Simple-minded people are the main threat. Easy to rule them.
    And if they are poor ones so they are commonly embittered and easy guided persons.
    And this treat will be forever cause evarage number of wise and clever persons is stable all the times - 100 years ago, 1000 ago...
    Only way to make this world more or less peaceful is to make people not poor.
    Satisfied man is commonly peaceful man.
    Bread and shows!!!!!
    :)

19. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Fla, Ach: What is (or should be) the number one priority of any government? The well-being of it's citizens. What should be the number two priority of any government? The well-being of it's allies. Pretty much every action taken by the USA recently was aimed at one of these....

Look, I'm not talking about morality here. I agree the US government bullies its competitors around (Airbus anyone? And how about the recent steel-war?) but those are actions to benefit the American people (at least that's what they're aimed at). So it's kind of like a "gentlemen's war"...

This doesn't mean the USA should isolate themselves, of course! If they'd do that, their economy would tumble. So there are some incidents where the US-government shoudl not have done what they did, even if it gave "instant" succes. (Shit, my english is inadequate for this discussion. Lemme try again)

USA wants to get even with someone because of a terrorist attack. Not the US government, no sir. The USA PEOPLE are screaming for revenge. So what does G.W. Bush do? He attacks Iraq, even though the entire world screams bloody murder. This was not smart. Maybe his people think he's a really good prez, but other countries are offended by this and in the long run, this'll hurt the USA more then general annoyance with Mr. Bush among the US' citizens.

See what I mean? The USA has done some dumb things, but with the best possible intentions. And HEY! We all make mistakes! Don't get me started about the mistakes MY goverment made in the last two years.....

20. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I totally agree Bas, but let me add "the well-being of themselfs (i mean nationals elites, people that are in power).
    Also i must say that most of this actions (specially the ones that the rest of the World get's pissed off with) have only instant sucess (as you said), as an example this steel discussion. USA is losing more jobs than keeping with this taxes. Why ? Simply because steel is just too expensive in their internal market that it greatly afects other industries that use it.

(I didn't wanted to use Iraq's example)