White planes

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Broz, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Hi all.

I've seen that there has been an improvement (or so it's supposed to be). Now, when you kill a plane and pilot jumps, his plane gets white instead seeing his chute. Ok, no way then to kill chutes, but kill stealing is now happening all time. And that sucks, when you follow a con firing at him, then, at 2km, he jumps, but his plane keeps flying until it crashes. Then, some stealer appears and fires on plane until it blows away, and gets the kill.

I, sincerely, prefer the good old chute, even risking a chute kill. Please, make white planes unkillables or return to chute appearance.

Thx in advance

2. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    It hasn't happened to me yet, but I prefer it to getting killed in chute. Perhaps hit count could be disabled on the plane whose pilot has jumped off. Or make chutes unkillable.

:cheers:

3. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Why to make chutes unkillable? I rather hope there would be free decision on what to do with your virtual life in FH.

I prefer falling wrecks just because its more good looking and realistic than midair explosion. Are wrecks working with pks too? If not it would be a very nice addition. Wrecks, chutes, no killshooter etc. ...make it as real as possible. :) Let's say you shoot friendly down, then your nick is banned for 1 day and overall score is halved. ...that would be good enough for court martial.

I saw one friendly killer during Eastfront try out. And he was yelled out pretty soon...didn't come back either. I think it was overall much better setup...but some sort of punishment is needed just for realism. ;)

Kill stealing is for clowns. ;)

4. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Agree illo, but chute killing could be one of the things that could make me go away from FH. Realistic? Yes! But it makes me sick. Really thuggish behaviour. :turret:

Killshooter off? No way! Offender can make multiple accounts and still not care about score or 1 day ban. It happens very rarely anyway - to fly through friendly plane's gunsite and kill the other guy. :nono:

I like white planes. Reminds me of offline game and is more realistic than mid-air explosion. :cheers:

I've only done a killsteal once (in 10 ToDs), when a guy was shooting a con, then died by another con. I attacked the con which he blacksmoked and I killed him. He didn't notice it, but I felt strange... Like a clown? Maybe :D

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i agree that falling wrecks looks nice;
    but after pk we still have no wreck, just an explosion (i kno cause i would have hit some planes if no explosion after pk ;))
    imho best option - white wreck after pk and bail; wreck killable (to let the stealer idiot waste his ammo and alt) but no kill granted after plane became white (this is possible right? kill granted just after bail/pk when plane turns white - after all, everybody near saw who killed him and who tried to steal...);

as for killshooter off and banning friendly-killers, it is a bad idea:
    its like on TA now - if there is weak pilot and gets killed constantly he go into a hmack and killing rolling planes; after couple kills, when he is satisfied he logout (with some bad words from those killed ones :));
    so if in MA there would be an 'ace' who dies over and over again, he goes mad; killin rolling friendly aircraft (cause he want to logout anyway and he is frustrated) and when some streaks are wasted he simply logout before kicked; and this is only one example (dont mention about loggin in other nick and killing ppl on the other side)

6. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

well said Spuint
    imho best option - white wreck after pk and bail; wreck killable (to let the stealer idiot waste his ammo and alt) but no kill granted after plane became white (this is possible right? kill granted just after bail/pk when plane turns white - after all, everybody near saw who killed him and who tried to steal...);

100% agree!

7. lepper

lepper Well-Known Member

agree with spuint's idea.

8. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

You're forgetting something else, the present system encourages fire discipline. It's usual to see 8+ friendlies all chasing one con, take kill shooter off and you'll see alot more friendly kills as players "accidentally" shoot the guy in front whilst aiming at the con.

Mal

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

on the other hand:
    killshooter encourages to stupid actions like if one chase a con, the other one have no fear to fly in his gunsite, as he is indestructible to his bullets; and whats the difference if he can cause his death (killshooter) in this way?
    even better - hes the only one who can score kill now...
    im sure most of u died in such situation;

imho: killshooter off, friendly fire off;

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

IMHO friendly fire should be switched on... and every friendly kill should give minus points to the pilot causing it (ten times the normal score for kill in minus numbers for example)... that would solve both killshooter blocking of kills (by flying before a shooting pilot) and stupid situations in which 10 pilots leave furball chasing 1 and the same con, while the rest of furballers of their country face a serious problem, beeing outnumbered in just a matter of few seconds, while they were thinking they were in fight on equal terms... and many more such "nice thingies"

11. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Most pilots don't fly for score, and failing that theres always the .clear command.

Friendly fire is on in Planetside, and you get what are called "Grief" points for shooting friendlies, the number of grief points awarded dependant on how frequently you're shooting friendlies. If you reach a certain number of grief points then you start getting restrictions, for example 1018 grief means you get a 10 minute restriction where you can;t shoot or drive a vehicle, this then increases and if you're insane enough to keep doing it they boot you out (suspend your account).

Whilst it is easy to accumalate some grief whilst playing (You'd be amazed at how many stupid people run in front of my tank and get run over) the good news is it does disapate over time.

Believe me the above is very effective way of dealing with it.

Mal

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  12. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

We had killshooter off for first 6 months of FH IIRC and there wasn't much problem. It could be that we had friendlier player base back then. But on the other hand, hostile/careless attitudes might be result of tuned down responsibility in some extend.

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I agree. But add automatic ban of 1 day for nick that does a friendly kill. It really makes most pilots careful as should. Repeationg actions - ie. if someone logs in with different nick to kill friedlies again - would be handled just like cheaters. Permanent ban.

There are always options for being an asshole. So lets not restrict fair players because of that.

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

IMO not a good solution. We all know how many problems we have of connection. What if i fire to a con not seeing anybody in my screen and suddenly a friend who is warping, jumps in face of me, and, unluckily, i kill him? will i be banned just because he warped? Not a fair solution

15. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I think thats extremely rare. I really wouldn't mind since i dont recall last time anything like that happened. It's rare to hit warping con when you aim...and 1000 000 times harder to kill warping friend while not aiming.

I don't care if im banned for a day once in 5 years for bad luck and being careless.
    I though i think even 1 hour restrict would do the trick.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

It would only be possible to permanently ban someone with a static IP I assume, yes? I dont see how the server could track dynamic IPs, but I might be wrong.

I think it would be better to change the registration system, if you want to start talking about banning people. Being able to log in with simply a different username, then choosing a different nick as the game starts is far too easy a way to get around banning and things like this. It wouldnt be necessary to restrict the amount of nicks people have, you should simply have to provide an email address when registering (preferably one that comes with your ISP, as opposed to the 'free mail' by Yahoo, Hotmail, etc). You could then use this email addy for as many nicks as you want, but as soon as you start abusing or cheating in the Arena, all nicks under that email addy are then banned.

The only restriction this would impose on pilots would be that they may have to wait an hour or so for the confirmation email to reach their account, at which time their new nick can then be flown in the Arena.

I dont know how much work would be involved in changing to a system like this, but most of them that I have enountered are automated so it wouldnt use up too much of the admin's time.

Anyone know if this would be possible?

-glas-

17. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

banning ip wont work
    from poland many ppl have dinamic ip's or share internet connection which could harm innocent ppl;

18. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I dont know how they banned some cheaters but it seemed to work with dynamic ip too.

About banning only nick for certain time. I think it would be enough. Who will log in time after time again just to be banned? I mean single friedly kill can't be that fun or rewarding for anyone. I think in those few cases of friendly killing when killshooter was disabled it would have been enoug to put stop in it. All of people who did friendly killing at that time were newcomers or maybe some family members of usual FH players who simply didn't really know what they were doing.

19. magix-

magix- Active Member

Hi Folks,

i guess this is the way to reach the guys
    without knowing the IP Adress

here is the thread

greetings magix

[​IMG]

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ magix: Thanks, I remember now that I seen that thread a while back. I think I even participated in it.

-glas-