About LOMAC

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by itayky, Nov 24, 2003.

1. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

Lock on modern air crap

I just wanna make sure im not the only one having problems with it
    When i installed it i had no idea it will take 10 minutes to load every mission.
    even when its a landing mission with 1 plane on the map

The graphix are set to low and still i get my hard drive pausing in the
    middle to think when to pause next time.......

this game is unplayable
    my computer is 600mhz
    256 ram
    GF2 ti 64mb

Anyone else expiriencing the same problems ?
    especially with the loading time its worse than Flanker 2.5 and just as bad a game.

Thanks.
    oh one more thing happy birthday grobar
    p.s
    Im going to the army in 2 weeks.
    if i dont send u guys a message in 3 years... something bad has happend ;)

2. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Hmmm are u sure u downloaded the very last demo?

Seems to me that u are talking about the very first demo release witch was a big shit just like what u r talking about now.

I did not get it yet but a friend got and loved...

3. immele

immele Well-Known Member

Yes , i can confirm that the first demo was crappy (bad fps, crash whilst loading), even on a twice fast machine as yours.
    I haveґnt dwnloaded or tryed patches for the demo . and im not that fancy about it .
    It looks very complicated , (the whole weaponsystem , bor-sight , and so on)
    -sort of beeing used to hit backspace for bombs ;)

well , nice to hear that lady saying: "maximum angle of attack"
    ....my wife does that already.. :rolleyes:

i miss the roaring piston enginesound and turnfights...

I think one needs heavy study of manuals to get familiar with it.
    Still ,it seems to become a milestone among the jetsimms.

4. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

You must have atleast 1Gb of RAM to play lomac.
    Not to mention GF4+ and 2.5+ Ghz CPU.
    But memory is a must.

Imho. This sim i REALLY power hungry.
    Even IL-2 is a fast working comparing to LOMAC. ;)

5. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

on such a computer u can put it back on the shelf, especially if your machine is a celeron or duron (well P3 or athlon won't help much in this case)

6. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

disapointing

7. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

they say "512 Mb recommended and 256 needed" but I doubt...

8. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

hey, Ił2FB is running on my p333 :D

9. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

1GB Ram, not only costs about Ј250 but you have to make sure that they are the same type, either bufferd or un-buffered (for most motherboards)and just to make matters worse you should get the same speed of memory (You can mix speeds but it'll all run at the slowest). And then you have the choice of single or double banked and then whether your PC has enough banks to support this (say 4 double banked 256MB dimms is 8 banks, most boards only accept 6 banks) and banks dosn't mean DIMM slots on the m'board (I have heard that all new DDR Dimms will be made double banked now)

Memory I hate it.

Mal

Athlon 2400XP
    Gigabyte 7-DXR+ (F9 bios)
    3x Kingston 256MB DDR's PC-2100
    Geforce 5600 256MB
    Raid Striped using 2x WESTERN DIGITAL Digital Caviar 40GB IDE 7200RPM ATA100 Hard Drive 2MB cache WD400BB
    MaxPower 400W PSU
    Alcatel ADSL

All that and I still can't run Planetside at best graphics setting :(

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

yeah right... running...
    u should say walking, or even better: crawling :D

11. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well, knowing Itayky I think he's talking about the full-game... It's not officially available to you yet:nono:, that said however...

I've downloaded the first demo (didn't even know there was a second, well I never really believed the rumors), it ran fine (a modern flight sim runs fine when you get a relatively constant 25-30fps @ 1024x768). Since I've been following LoMAC for some years now I've downloaded it before I bought it, and actually its been great on the one hand, but a little disappointing on the other.

I can't complain about how it runs, well, unless I'm flying above overcast clouds (framerate drops, got a relatively old card)... I enjoy flying it, as long as it lasts, it's keen to bugs, bugs such as: "Hey I was flying, why the h*** did my screen turn lightish blue?" or "Nice, now where did my cockpit go?" and "I didn't know the runways were strobes as well"... But it's been a very enjoyable game so far though, it's realistic, looks good, flies right, it's fun in one word, a great sim. It's just time to wait for the patches (if they come out and the bug-reports start to deminish I'll go and buy the game [mb earlier]).

One thing I hate however is the radar, my F-15C seems incapable of tracking anything smaller than a football field at ranges above 30miles... (even below 30miles I've had difficulties locking up MiG-23MLD's) ... ... mmm... maybe I should go through the training missions after all...

BTW, If you're complaining on how it runs, well, you should read the minimum specs, minimum specs are the minimum specs required to run the game stable, they don't imply the game will run on your pc at all. The people following LoMAC have always been realistic on the requirements of LoMAC, it's an absolute must to have more than 512MB of RAM. LoMAC is known to bring the fastest high-end rigs to their knees. You can't call a game crap just coz you can't run it ;).

My specs:
    P4 2Ghz
    80GB Seagate 2MB cache
    GeForce MX460 64DDR
    768MB PC2100 DDRAM

<Z>

12. immele

immele Well-Known Member

I wouldґґnt say so , Spuint ,

(...and sorry for changing from lomac to fb)

If Beryl runs FB ,(wich i think ) in 800*600 , 16 bit colour , and normal graphicsetting, vsync off , he should have about 20-25 fps , (of course n o t over berlin or Mocba ) ... can u confirm Beryl ?

13. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

hehe :dunno:

I can and I did ! I was waiting for lomac so long......bahhh

14. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

running IL2 FB offline and online are two very different things (especially, when reasonable resolution for no-icons game starts from 1024x768 and all details for planes)...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  15. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

640x480 :) and it has about 25fps,but: only on external view (when i'm looking from cockpit it about 10), and there're no other planes in sight :)

16. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

similar situation:

"Those Ferraris (or insert any other expensive brand here) are such a piece of crap! They must be, cause i can't afford one!"

btw. itayky, your judgment is a total nonsense...especially, when your computer is a junk for todays standards

17. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

With my Spec PC I can run IL2FB in the highest settings but only if I'm flying by myself, add in other planes or go online and the fps drops dramatically.

Same on PS without anyone else around it runs at 100fps but in major combat (300+ people around me) I'm lucky to get 30.

Even FH does the same, it runs about 95fps but in combat this drops to around 50.

Mal

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i know, i installed it only to take some screenshots of planes; really nice models and many skins avail;
    and with this configuration u cant do much more :)

19. immele

immele Well-Known Member

Sad to hear ,,,about the fps in fb ... but no worry ;
    -FB will be around for a long time ... and hopefully christmas brings something to make fb flyable for all with older machines..
    .. sorry for getting freaky about fb .. but itґs the closest to virtual flyin i have ever experienced. :joystick:

the most fun ,,, though ,, has always been my beloved FH :super:

20. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

damnit :(
    and i thought that i would buy myself something for Xmas to make my computer able for wbfh, lomac, TR etc
    but what the hell should i buy then if your specs are not working (which are btw cca 2 levels of development over mine)

who cares about graphics? I just want wbfh with new fm and dm.