Tanks and FHL 1.52

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by rylasasin2003, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well previous the history of the jeep ack kinda goes like this, first it's introduced as a jeep mounted with 4 .50's (v1.4? 1.3?) later on it's changed to a vehicle mounted with a 75mm cannon (well a cannon anyway, dunno exact calibre), and now it's back down to .50's... So then, during the period of the cannon equiped vehicle tank battles very rarely took place, sometimes people would launch a tank assault (13th Panzer Division would be an example of such a group of people), they generally chose fields located outside the opposing side's zone of interest (no air activity etc etc), a player would start his jeep, aim it towards that field, go to the hairdresser or something, come back and be right in time to ravage a field that would be captured seconds later by a squaddie in a ju. So, no real tank-tank furballing, reason? Tanks go real real slow, spawn points are located too far away. If people want to waste all that time getting there only to die they are welcome to do so, most people don't though, and they prepare their tank missions pretty well... Anyway, to cut the chase, a tank-tank battle is a thing that can occur but will be seen rarely... well, USED to be seen rarely.

The second point glas makes is however a very good one, please tell us rylasasin.

<Z

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Zem: I remember the old cannon-mounted ack. Doesnt seem so long ago now you mentioned it :)

Anyway, enough of sentimentality :p The big difference imo is that they didnt spawn 1/3rd of the way from your field to the nearest enemy one. Bearing that in mind, red and gold tanks would, in theory, spawn at 1/3rd of the distance between 2 fields from each other. In the current map, they could be under fire at the moment of spawn. Much fun if you like that kind of thing. :rolleyes:

I can still envisage the day....

-glas-

3. rylasasin2003

rylasasin2003 Well-Known Member

well, I can do buffs, but in this current map, it seems they have little/no effect here. so the one thing I'm good at falters....

Personally, I hate fighters... I just can't fly the damn things at all. :(

and the reason I still play: Well, its either this or smoke crack... and I would prefer warbirds to crack any day :(

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

You could try....

Drink with mates instead of Wb..

Watch sports instead of Wb...

Work instead of Wb...

Watch TV instead of Wb...

Sh*g a bird instead of Wb..

*btw did you know there is a real bird called a shag? A female cormorant so my teacher said*

I could probably list another thousand activities that would come ahead of smoking crack.

Watching paint dry for instance....

Having a wa....I think I made my point ;)

-glas-

5. rylasasin2003

no thanks, the point is that this is too addicted... DAMN YOU WB FOR BEING SO $#%#$%ING ADDICTING!!!

and frog: I'm red, so no Mines for me :(

6. alexzi

alexzi Well-Known Member

Agree with exec - its gonna be more fun.

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ rylasasin: What, and sex isnt? :UU: ;)

-glas-

8. rylasasin2003

... With WHO?!

After all, you need two for that :(

9. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Rylasasin2003

When You fly red only, there're only few solutions I can see for Your problem:
    1. Try to convince some pilot (preferably from your country, which name I can't even guess, cause You've decided to play really incognito) to spend some time with You on TA or just flying H2H and teach You some basic DF and EF skills with at least 3 planes (f.ex. Spit II, Spit IX and P51- which can easily cover almost the whole red ToD). It's a game dominated by fighter pilots and not by obsessive hmack/tank freaks...
    2. Try to learn proper buffing (DB3F/B25/B24 would be my choice here)
    3. Change game to: Panzer Commander (simple, but requires no advanced GFX-chips), Panzer Elite (a bit more complicated and more demanding) or (which I think would be the best for You) World War II Online- which requires a lot of computing power and a good GFX-adapter, but covers all You ever dreamed off (you can even embody a single rifleman on battlefield!).

points 1 and 2 shouldn't be hard to accomplish, I bet you can join a squadron and learn from your squadmates or just ask some experienced pilots to practice on MA with You. If You want, I can give You some basic lessons on fighters (only basics, cause I suck in fighters due to lack of proper equipment lately) or even advanced lessons in buffs (prefered languages polish/english) this week- interested?

However point 3 would be most pleasing for me, as it would end our 4-month-old discussion of the "tank-topic".

10. rylasasin2003

I was thinking more of killing a new 20mm- er did I just hear that right? occording to a chat in TA with sonar, 23mm millimeter armed hmack.

and btw... why even bother with the "spawn x/3 way" thing? why not spawn then the way you would launch a FAU? (.tank Dis Auz (the thing is almost usless anyway)) or make them spawn from a commando? (.tank F11- sorry, no commando available on this enemy soil)... that way, the tank could act as a countermeasure to the new Hmack threat... which I hear will be more powerfull then we originally anticipated. That way, tanks could be used to fight Hmack threat on thier own terms. and since 23mm would not affect it, it would give tanks the advantage

but I guess I'll just be a victim of mob-mentality again... for simply stating and defending my ideas :(

As for the idea that they would just be a more affective Vulcher... well, occording to training, aren't you NOT supposed to take off from a field thats under attack anyway since it makes you vulnerable?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  11. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    It's not mob-mentality my friend.

It's called democracy.

You have 1 supporter? Well, what do you know, I have 100! You lose. It's that simple really, don't need to make a fuss about it.

And noone said you can't defend your ideas.

It's just that...well... urm... krhm... they're irrelevant to what 99.9% of the people here believe :rolleyes:

I would seriously recommend another game for you. And this is an advice. Not bashing of your ideas or an outright attack/insult to you.

Just an advice...

<S>

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I wish he would learn to fly, stay in FH (seems an okay, sane guy :) ) and stop lobbying for Ground vehicles.

I seriously think they could totally change the face of the game in a negative way.

-glas-

13. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Yeah, look at Black Sabbath for example... They also tried to change and eventually fucked up :rolleyes: :) ;)

EDIT: I agree he is a sane guy and stuff. And that he should stop this 'gimme tanks' thing. And that flying competitively takes practice.

;)

14. rylasasin2003

I have more than one supporter apparently, and yes, it IS mob mentality...
    and no, I'm NOT changing games

15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I have the same opinion as glas and cbfs do... 100%

@rylasasin2003
    I understand, that my training offer was rejected?
    If so->try switchin' to AH or WWIIOnline- loads of ground vehicles there, You may even drive a Tiger or M4A3 there and not some sort of upgraded hmack:D

16. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

And i thought it was a forum for discussing topics and not insulting ppl.
    I'm sorry, that I was wrong again :(

17. rylasasin2003

before I completely loose my sanity,

1st: OK, Since When did you offer to train me huh?!

2nd: I AM NOT CHANGING FRIGGIN GAMES!!!

3rd: I AM NOT BACKING DOWN!!!!

Hmacks are only gonna get worse, so why not give people a way to counter them on thier own turf?

heres another tank spawn idea:

make them spawn ONLY on enemy fields (not friendly fields) and only if there is X amount of friendly planes near it, or if there is X enemy hmacks on field? there, or if one capture attempt has already been made with a JU/LI and it deployed paras already, but failed due to reuping/too far away/enemy shot all the paras. that sound a bit better?

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

1st. He did, I read it myself 10 minutes ago. Read back some posts.

2nd. Neither you should. But you should learn to play (fly) if you want to play Warbirds.

3rd. Good for you :)

-glas-

19. rylasasin2003

what? do you think the new hmack is MY idea? I only press for a way to fight them on thier own grounds- Litterally. Someone else came up with the 23mm hmack idea :( so don't come after ME about the hmacks!!! GEEZ!!! I'm only trying to find a way to counter the Hmack threat.

Truth is I have the exact same fear about hmacks as you guys do... I just have a different Idea on how to approach the problem, thats all! why not make the tank spawn on ENEMY fields only and only if there is (X) amount of Enemy hmacks on that field? like say 3 or more? that would REALLY discurage people from hmacking... thus making them fly more, and therefore making all three of you happy... I think? I really do see hmacks as a problem. what a better way to counter that threat than to beard those lions in their dens? can you at least see THAT point of veiw?

I would really like to see the tank, not as a defender, not as an alternative raider (that would be fun though. :), but as a veicle that defends the small planes from the Onslaught of Rabid 23mm hmacks. People would be afraid to right away jump in an hmack since if you would have 3+ hmacks there, they'd get a tank and kill them from the ground. See my point of veiw now? I see the tank as a weapon of Hmack suppression instead of just another lousy hmack wannabe...

I hope that if you cannot see the tank as anything else, you could at least see it as THAT...

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ rylasasin: Okay first off, you edited your post to include the hmack thing a full 3 minutes after I posted my reply. Then in your next post, you literally have a go at me for not considering it when I replied. WTF?!

About your spawn at enemy field. Hell no! And besides, you propose you can only go to enemy field if X amount of enemy within range of that field. How the hell are you gonna know there is enemy taking off from their own fields? How do you propose admins implement all these configurations and data in to the game? How does the server know a Li or Ju just had all its paras shot up ny a hmack?!

Oh and btw, a 23mm hmack is nothing. 4x12 is much worse imo, and field acks are certainly much more accurate than (most) humans.

-glas-