Over-estimated planes

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by RedBull, Aug 18, 2001.

1. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

On my experience and of historical facts are germans 109 and 190 over-estimated than all allied planes here in FH. Uppowered, faster and GUNS have more effectively than allied. Its stupid.
    Opposite - for succesful shot down of axis planes need almost all bullets from allied guns.
    I read similar note in forum some days ago from another pilots. So FH developers - TAKE SOMETHING WITH IT. Or are you side to axis?

2. ratpak

ratpak Well-Known Member

Ah, so you never flew La5, I suppose...

3. Invisible Ninja-Killer

Invisible Ninja-Killer Active Member

the 190s and many of 109s come from IEN so complain there.. it's obvious you didn't fly in FH [​IMG]

4. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

There are so many discussions about overestimated planes.

For example the P-51 Mustang.
    As an US-designed game this plane is very strong at Warbirds.

But as I know the Soviets, who tested this plane considered it as not so good.

So I dont think that we get an agreement of evaluating all planes by all players.

5. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

P51B & D - ultimate BnZ machines, outrun everything LW has on every altitude and with experienced pilot at the stick it can also turn with most LW late war iron.

Yak9t - low alt 1 ping 1 kill monster. On low and medium altitudes it can eat most 109's (maybe except K4 and sometimes G10) as it is faster, climbs very good and turns better than any Gustav except maybe G2 (not to mention FW190's).

Yak3 - only 1 20mm cannon but at low alt it outperforms every LW plane in most aspects.

La5FN - I'm not having too many problems with it but LW guys say its dangerous so I place it here. [​IMG]

Pe2 - very effective fast bomber, in early RPS almost invincible.

Il2 - Attack plane that is used for field defence and in furballs because it turns better that messerschmitts, has 2 front firing turboplasma guns, and rear gunner with horrifying Ping Kill heat seaking sniper rifle. Add armor adapted from T34 and you'll be happy you fly for reds.

Before you start to bitch about overmodelled Axis planes, fly as gold for several sorties and if you do any better in 109's and 190's than in Allied kites, return here and repeat this post [​IMG]

------------------
    --stec
    CO Polish Fighting Team

6. Dabong

Dabong Active Member

I fly Red, and when i first started FH I would fire 500 rounds of 50cal & get 2 hits.

I traced my problem to my joystick & fixxed it, now if in proper range 1 blast of 6x.50 cal & damm near anything is history.

The big guns on gold planes are formidable & anytime i die in a head2head, i know its my fault for giving gold a firing solution.

I fly the P-51 for allmost all a2a work, though i do use p38,&p47 for certain tasks...

At any rate i would not trade the P-51 for any gold plane Except the KI84 that thing rocks. I think the golds have to work harder to do all jobs with a limited a/c set & take the mounts into situation they were not designed for.

The balance of power shifts thru the scenario & 1944 was ruff on golds, the newest 109 & 190s & KI84s are noticably more dangerous than last years models.

On the pluse side, gold pilots are intimatly familar with 109/190s & wring evry thing out them possible.

If ya want to outgun any gold take the DH98 Mk VI 4x20mm&4x.303 this thing purees aircraft in less than 1 second, POOF!

watch it goldz, we mix them in our buff formations, plz climb to meet us! [​IMG]

dabong

7. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

IMO, golds are restricted to fewer planes, so they learnt to fly them very well, getting the maximum from it. That's the diference, about stec's post i disagree in sometings.
    P51- easy kill in 109(notice i use mainly franz). Keep doing evasives and climbing (they never climb), once you above it he's dead. Sometimes they even try to turn. [​IMG]
    Yaks- Easy kills too, 109 outperforms it in several fields. 9T is dangerous, can't distinguish it from other yaks.
    La5- This is the one. Similar performance to 190, very dangerous.
    Pe2- Run like hell, almost never can catch it.
    Il2- Easy kill if you have enough ammo.

[​IMG]

"That's what happen if you mess with my Franz"

8. dulux-

dulux- Well-Known Member

i just started playing FH again and was thinking what is a DH98 as i was going H2H and well my 109xx did not like it to much[​IMG]

dulux-

9. Dabong

Dabong Active Member

LOL, IT IS REALLY FUNNY WHEN THE MOSSIe on a bomb run tuning gunz a blazin!

i got 3 mossi kills today 109,JU bomber & Ju transport. Just a spuyt & iwas over.

at any rate russans are comin p39q and IL-2 wactch out for the 37mm. you eill not like it much [​IMG].

dabong

10. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

shut up fla

i love those p51s as they are! [​IMG]

11. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well i fly both p-51's, and have good success with them, 190's are hard as hell to kill, i put tons of ammo in them and more times then i like to say they make it home. and its seems kind of funny how some one mentioned that it can out run a 190. thats a big fat neg, i have had alot of energy and they managed to get away. i may fill them (literally) with lead. i can gain on them some but they manage to pull away. thiers even a 109 that can out run a p51, i know that thier is another version of p51 that were much lighter then the d version, although i'm not sure of how many were produced. but if a i recall correctly the 109k version, really wasn't produced much either?

12. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i guess the only 190 that can outrun a p51 is the dora.
    at least the late-war 190g8, empty, cant outrun it.

hmmm [​IMG]

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Nicae, G8 is fot fighter. It is bomber even with some armour added.

14. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Does that mean it should dive better? [​IMG]

greetz, Zembla

[​IMG]
    Blah

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

No, that means only that this airplane is downed more easy. [​IMG]

16. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Ok nic, no more telling strategic secrets on the forum [​IMG]

------------------
    Major -fla--, Contact Officer
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

17. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Ok nic, no more telling strategic secrets on the forum [​IMG]

------------------
    Major -fla--, Contact Officer
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

18. mcosta

mcosta Guest

lalalalalalallala here we go again....
    fly online first, make comments later.

em portugues, cresce e aparece [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

19. OVERDOSE

OVERDOSE Well-Known Member

The armor on 109's and especially the 190 r definitly overmodeled. The .50's r also undermodeled.. Bad combo...

I dont know anything about Soviet planes, so i cant say.. But the zekeling planes are way overmodeled hard. The a6m2 is way overmodeled to the point of bein jus a joke. The ki-43 is also overmodeled.

The run90's and zekelings have always been at the top of the dweeb plane list in warbirds. Any version of either I absolutely refuse to fly and dont have alotta respect fer those that do "fly" m.. lol (smack)..

------------------
    OVRDOS out...

20. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Actually a6m2 is the most undermodelled plane of warbirds... It was THAT maneuverable and easy to fly as it is modelled in warbirds but it was much much faster! P40B, P39D and F4F were almost defenceless against a6m2, here any of these planes will eat zeke without much problems and Aircobra D became supersonic monster...
    I wish someday FH crew would remodel and correct all planes screwed by iEN in the name of playability...

------------------
    --stec
    CO Polish Fighting Team