.refuel and .rearm commands

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by chairboy, Aug 25, 2001.

1. chairboy

chairboy Active Member

I would like to suggest two new server commands:

.rearm and .refuel

With this command, a plane that is only available at big or middle sized fields could land at a small field (if pilot is good enough, heh heh) or any field and, once stopped, type .refuel X where X is a percentage (eg, .refuel 25 would be fuel to 25% fuel). Another possible version of this command might be .rearm which would, at the very least, restock bullets and cannon ammo.

Using these commands, gameplay would be enhanced. People would develop taxiing skills (to take off again) and planes could fly multistop missions. Also, fuel limited planes (20% restriction at big fields) could potentially get to another undamaged field and stock appropriately.

Thoughts? It seems like this should be pretty straight forward to implement.

2. Wojtus

Wojtus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. FE may not allow server to change ammo load and fuel while in the flight.

3. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

refuel and rearm be fine although only if next mission (after take off) would count as separate flight. "Multistop missions" are IMO one of the worst features in AH - you can fly whole day, refueling and rearming and get a 40 kill sortie... it's dumb [​IMG]

------------------
    --stec
    CO Polish Fighting Team

4. carbon

carbon Member

Yes, I agree that that is dumb.
    But it would be nice if your plane would be added to the plane stock at that field you have landed at, if it is not damaged, so that you could take off with your plane refueled and rearmed at that field.
    But then we will also see the message "who stole my plane" appearing in the text buffer frequently [​IMG]

5. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

I dont see anything wrong with landing exiting the plane and starting a new sortie.

I disagree with the idea since its not neccasary.

6. chairboy

chairboy Active Member

Perhaps I was not clear with my suggestion when I first presented it, so I will try again.

Many planes are only available at large fields. Large fields are often far away from action so you must travel cross country to get into the fray. This is difficult in some planes because of fuel capacity, so I suggest being able to land these planes at small fields, refuel there, then take off again. This way you can fight, run out of ammo and fuel and then restock, all without needing to abandon your plane and start fresh from the other side of the field.

7. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

This would give a new view to the 20% restrict also.

8. mcosta

mcosta Guest

So, there is no interest in those commands [​IMG]
    Remind yourself that few people would use it... you'll be vulnerable to vulchers, you have to taxi the plane on the ground and then takeoff again...
    .e and .fly would take care of this for you.... [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

9. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

i think most of u missed the target of this topic... I once posted a similar message, which goal was to enable ppl to take a NEWLY INTRODUCED plane, available only on big airfields, fly closer to were the fight currently is, and then land, refuel and fly again. Because now if u take like 190a4 in July - u fight and then alnd on a small F your 190 dissapears and u have to take off from main airfield again... this is what's it about imo...

Then again it would be nice to have a possibility to take off, let's say at f1 with Fw190, with an intence of attacking like... f6 , land your plane at f19 - refuel - and then take off to do the mission... (if there was like... 20% fuel on f1 by the time u were taking off...) So i really dissagree that this commands are not necessary. They are needed. They would be very helpfull and they would anable pilots to take more care of their airplanes... which they had to bring from far away to the battlefield...

That's my opinion...
    btw my lat post on it didn't change anything bout the topic [​IMG] so mb this will [​IMG]
    I'm only glad to hear it's not only my opinion [​IMG]

with all the respect

------------------
    -blue-

302 Polish SQ Poznanski

10. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

IMHO now model is wrong! You should not be able to Land the 190 to a small field. You must fly it back to the main field! Admins?

[​IMG]

------------------
    Генерал-майор (Air Commodore) grobar,
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

lol grobar! [​IMG]

i like the idea of the new commands.

fla, it wouldnt really help with 20% problem.
    if you refuel at a 20% field, you would only get 20%.. whats the use? [​IMG]

havent you guys ever considered about having gas problems in flight? i mean with farts and stuff.. this is a sim, so we should simulate them. make them cause blackouts for some 2 mins until you type the command: .usegasmask or .opencockpitandbreathefreshair

ok sry [​IMG]

12. rcosta

rcosta FH Beta Tester

LoL

[​IMG]

rcosta
    Sturmtruppen

13. mcosta

mcosta Guest

[​IMG]

Going back to the refuel/rearm... I think the frontend doesn't support it...

mcosta
    Strumtruppen

14. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I know nic, but when all fields are with 20% restrict you can make longer range missions.

Blue's idea reminds me of the Sturmtruppen Strategy Draft...any results/new versions mcosta ?

------------------
    Major -fla--, Contact Officer
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

15. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

Imo .refuel and .rearm commands are not as necesary as other ones to make it more realistic like:

- .motherf**ker: To use when enemy kills ur hstab or something just when u'r about to land after a 8 kills sortie. The efect is gthat enema pilot takes a 10 secs blackout. (u just can use it 5 times per ToD)

- .as*h*le: To use when ur wingman does not notice from d8 of ur left wing that con is getting ur 6 to d2. When landing this means a punch on the wingman(if landed).

- .beerfromme: To use when a pilot helps u clearing ur 6 or something, o the guy that brings ju to the field u clsoed alone. This'd mean +1k scoring for him, rested from u, so he gets +1000 and u -1000 (u can use it as many times as possible)

- .pissonpants: This command should have to uses.
    1) It's known that some ww2 pilots, mosto of them british ones in BoB had to take off as soon as possible in 2 mins, so some of them could not go to the bathroom. Every 3 hours of flight u must land or it'll begin a blakout and it doesn`t stops until u type ".pissonpants" or land to do what u need to do.

2) When u're hi and going straight to a point, u roll to check ur 6 and vis 10-20 cons from d5 faster and hier than u, wich know u've been with their leader's wife. In stead of diving to hell, u type this command and nothing happens, but as human being we are, anyone'd piss of on this situation.

So those are the most imprtants commands to make it realistic i noticed, pls support that.

16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

.beerfromme
    I suggested command like this for fh-staff, but they did not implemented it.
    .thank -nick- [-nick-] [-nick-]
    Just transfer 30% of your points to pilots listed.

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

LOL!

Now developers will have lots of work with so many new good ideas to implement. [​IMG]

------------------
    Генерал-майор (Air Commodore) grobar,
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron

18. mcosta

mcosta Guest

nope, no new versions for now... progress is being made slowly... but at least has been made ( 20% [​IMG] )

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

19. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Sadly...It's several great ideas... [​IMG]

------------------
    Major -fla--, Contact Officer
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

20. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Actually I agree with Chairboy. He has a good idea, if it can be proved with certainty that the FE can or can not handle it. So far I have seen only opinions on that matter.

See you in the air.

Snoopy.