mouse tips??

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Oct 22, 2001.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

ok people, i just tried a mission as a bomber with the mouse. very difficult. wish i had the old joystick back. but will make do with mouse if some one has any tips??
    i find it very difficult to stear, everything seems very sensitive. a slight turn and your way off?? was flying mosquito.

some people like using the mouse. but it just seems like a pain in the ---. i wonder if those who like the mouse have ever used a joystick of quality??

2. Cu-pal

Cu-pal Banned

Never fly with mouse Pajti, you'd better wait for that new stick instead.

------------------
    Everything is Natural
    ~ ~ ~Cu-pal~ ~ ~

1 person likes this.
  3. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone can fly with the mouse. I only use it for aiming flexible guns on bombers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Invisible Ninja-Killer

Invisible Ninja-Killer Active Member

The mouse-control in warbirds is simmilar to the one in the Wing Commander series.. it's very sensitive/precise, but requires permanent tracking of the cursor.. unfortunately you don't see the cursor while using mouse in WB..

1 person likes this.
  5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

imho flying buff with a mouse is not too hard.

tip: put trim rudder keys near rudder keys.

6. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

sepukked

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Aviador_Br

Aviador_Br Active Member

I use mouse and I love it!
    I used to have a joystick but it... well... let's just say that there is no joystick now.
    It was very good, but mouse is better. At first, with the mouse, I used to find problms on centering the mouse, if you press the right button, it will center.
    I had a hard time discovering how to shoot secundary ammo. Use the "b" button. If you are flying with a bomb, use backspace to change between bomb and secunday ammo. The greatest thing is that, if you leave the mouse in one position, let's say, the low right diagonal, you can make a curve and scratch you head at the same time. Very usefull... You can type too...

Well, there isn't much to say about mouse flying, just keep praticing and in no time you see that is better than joystick

------------------
    Eu... Brasileiro... Vc... entende... minha... lingua...?

Vamos nos unir numa Liga Brazuca!!! Mais informacoes no topico "Sobre Liga Brazuca"
    Brasileiros UNIR-VOS!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Cu-pal

Cu-pal Banned

What about a duel? Huh? [​IMG]

LMAO!!!!!

------------------
    Everything is Natural
    ~ ~ ~Cu-pal~ ~ ~

9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

i'll try it out again, but thier is no way it is better then a joystick! thx for info.

10. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

sure cu-pal pick on a cripple ( no offense to anyone ) i'll have a duel with you, if you complete a chess game sometime
    ;-)

11. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Heh.. Bizerk practice with mouse and in short time you may be as good as you were with joystick.
    Some of the ladder pilots may remember Brajo - he was an excellent pilot, one of the toughest I knew in WB (great dogfighter in 109F) and he was only flying with a mouse. I believe he was on top of the ladder for a long time in current or previous period.

Stec

12. Cu-pal

Cu-pal Banned

But Biz where the hell I put my PW for it?!
    If you can give me away I'll be on. You didn't ever seen this room, looks like a battlefield.

------------------
    Everything is Natural
    ~ ~ ~Cu-pal~ ~ ~

1 person likes this.
  13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

damn cu lol i don't know it. lol
    and clean your room ;-)

1 person likes this.
  14. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I`m with mouse too - and probably wont ever buy a joystick. You just need some training and practice - after a few days or weeks you want find it that hard.

Aiming with mouse is harder (I guess [​IMG] havent tried joy) - that is why I`m having problems with BnZ. All the rest is easy.

vaipa, actually it is good that you dont see cursor in 3d - you fly by feeling not by watching the cursor. If you press alt+tab to go to desktop and then return to WB you will see the cursor - but in this situation I simply cant fly.

------------------
    Генерал-майор (Air Commodore) grobar,
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron

1 person likes this.
  15. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

PS: a tip - redefine your controls - set em all to the arrows and numpad block. you keep your left hand there while the right is on the mouse.

16. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

ill tell you my experience with controls

in my first 8 months of WB i used a gamepad.. and i thought i had an advantage over the others. why? because when i tried my MS SWPP i was totally lost..

and one day my gamepad broke.. i thought that i was going to be forced out of WB.. but i went flying with the joy until i got used to it... and found out that gamepads suk! [​IMG]

it was a terrific difference in aim (joy was better) because with a gamepad i couldnt use rudder, wich is one more axis for aiming.

and AFAIK mouse doenst have rudder either.. (on keyboard its not the same)
    so.... gro, you should try a joy! its not all expensive.. and you will end up getting used to it!

well... just a suggestion!
    nic

17. --usd-

--usd- Well-Known Member

IMO: everybody, who talking that flying with mouse is ineffective just dont have enough experience with it.

/usd

18. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Where is Brajo? I haven't met him online for ages. I played much h2h against him in FH early days. When flying equal planes he killed me almost without exception. Yes he sure is excellent pilot. True E-fighter.

--ra-- is also very good with his mouse.

------------------
    -illo-

19. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well i could never get used to a mouse. i did ok when bombing, its alot less turing etc. but those that have never tried to use a joystick, you don't know what your missing. im sure if you get one you will never go back. microsoft sidewinder sticks are excellent. just make sure you get a good one. sometimes the manufacturer doesn't make sure its in working condition. i had bought one and had to take it back. couldn't program the damn thing and wouldn't recognise usb ports :-(. took it back and this one is perfecto :)

20. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

if mouse had rudder control, i would be able to say its great.
    with vator control you have vertical axis controls for aiming.. but u need rudder for horizontal axis.

it just helps.