Munich

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by cloud--, Apr 2, 2004.

1. cloud--

cloud-- Well-Known Member

Hello all

This summer I may be going to Munich, Germany to visit my great uncle for a month or so. I dont know that much about munich or germany.In fact,ive never left home. So I was wondering, what is it like over there? Is it cold in the summer or pretty warm? I heard that Munich is a very large city, is the crime bad or can u walk the streets in safety? Also would I need to know the language very good or most people know how to speak english?

Like i said ive never left home so I dont know what to expect. So any tip will be appreciated.

thx
    Flankr, :flyer: :turret:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  2. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

munich in summer is warm, up to 25-30°, munich is safe, think one of the safeest town in germany, as example for 1 gramm shit you became min. 30 years jail or death penalty :D, has one of the best fuЯball team (munich lionґs), great museum (deutsches museum), nice girls, good food (eisbein with sauerkraut), bavaria film studios (like hollywood), etc. etc. etc., me think go there and enjoy the show, regards mosche :cool:

3. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

it's bavaria, bear it in mind; ppl could be little bit intolerant, but I guess you will like it (i mean your staying there)

it is only hundred or so miles from czech rep; take an oppurtinity and make a trip there, slightly different word, I guess you would like it too

don't worry about criminality anywhere in Europe, it is second to none compared to US AFAIH; well.. if you go to Prague be careful about taxi drivers - they tend to charge western tourists more (but hey, that is quite ok ;) )

4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

not with his exchange rate ;P

5. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

Munich is a dangerous city for sure, during year 1437 some guys stole a donkey to my ancestor...
    But that should not stop you to travel to that beautiful city, full of nice people. I don't speak german at all but I survived pretty good up there and I didn't miss my daily ration of hefeweizen beer. In that regard I suggest you to look for a restaurant near Marienplatz where you can choose tha roasted pig shin you will eat directly from side-walk. Sometimes I have dreams about that... :D

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I've been to Munich (Muenchen as Germans call it) two times... and I can tell you, that all other things that mosche said were true...

nice girls...
    good food...
    generally BS- both tend to be too fat... sorry mosche, I've been there and I know what I'm saying :D

7. cloud--

cloud-- Well-Known Member

well thx for the Help guys

Flankr, :flyer: :turret:

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

AFAIK the best thing about Munich is the beer festival :D

I really need to get over for that sometime soon.

-glas-

9. Airway

Airway Well-Known Member

yes - the oktoberfest is very funny :)

and , btw, although i am a german - i donґt understand the bavarian language at all :) :cheers:

10. ratpak

ratpak Well-Known Member

even some bavarians don't understand it :D

11. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

never been in munich but i can say u that berlin is a super great town :cheers:
    better than paris, maybe not than toulouse ;)

12. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

blah! never been to Prague, eh? ;)

13. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

no :shuffle: