distance icons

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tigrou, Apr 19, 2004.

1. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

agree with cbfs ;)
    there a lot of super pilots on forum
    but they only video gamers

1 person likes this.
  2. dick_steel

dick_steel Well-Known Member

Me dick, me open doors too.

Nah quite seriously: I flew last nite after a long break, first time with shorter icon range. Hell, i shot down more planes in two hours than in last two years.

I was a lousy pilot. I still suck. But nine planes... and got shot down only five times.... I must have been drunk as hell!

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

what can i say, tigrou...
    i fly 4 years here, and i don't want to prove to you that i see something that you don't see.
    you won.

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ exec: Graphics, resolution and 2D/3D can all have an effect on this very thing, IMO.

So it is entirely possible that if you see a dot, other pilots may not be able to.

-glas-

5. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

;)
    bahh i like post polemic threads
    i'm a nwebie but have fun :cool:

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i dont understand this ironic reply...
    why u get so mad? because somebody told u that losing a wingman means u have some skill to improve?
    losing visual contact with a wingman is actually sign of wrong tactics in whole flight; its like losing a target (well... depends of the tactic.. but im talkin about classic rotte model);
    talkin about ego? i see some ppl ego cant stand any kind of negative comments...

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

cant understand this reply either..
    i know there are ppl around who take wb seriously and every win/loss treat like outstanding vitory or terrible tragedy...

and how about that there are some ppl who fly for fun and give their opinions just to share with others, not to build own ego.. huh?

8. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    LOL spuint, I doubt you even read my post. I didn't say I lost wingman on the auto-climb part of the sortie (or something as simple as that). I said I lost wingman after being bounced by cons with altitude advantage and with numerical superiority. Isn't it easy to be separated then? What was that story with Hasse Wind? Didn't they get bounced in a similar way? They got separated. They thought their wingman was dead (although they both survived) It's not like they were flying alone and suddenly had ended up within 20 miles of each other.

I'm mad at people who are quick to judge me after reading 3 lines of a post that can be interpreted in 10 different ways. Yet you chose to interpret it as 'cbfs is a dumbass that can't fly, we are aces, hohoho'. Of course I will defend myself against such stupid posts. I can accept constructive criticism, not bashing.

And no, tigrou is absolutely right. Would you be able to pull all these WB maneuvers in real life? Not really, you would probably pass out. A WB player caricature would be a guy with a joystick in front of a computer desk filled with junkfood. Yet some people think they're real fighter pilots and have to confront 'noobs' like me for being lousy.

Example of player : airgem dies, cries 'kurwa!' in ch100 and leaves. Do you really think I should fall in deep depression if I get shot down? I have lost my best streaks in the most stupid ways imaginable. Sometimes I couldn't stop laughing because it was a hilariously stupid kill. Have a streak? Screw it, lets go strafe ships in Bf-110s. Killed by acks? Up again! I'm in a bomber squad by the way. Fighter combat is not our usual practice, but one has to be flexible. At least we're trying...

You are free to pat yourself on the back now, sorry to keep you reading all this :)

9. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

As someone not really involved in the conversation, I have to say daedal's post came across to me the same way as it obviously did to cbfs.

Perhaps just a misunderstanding....perhaps not.

-glas-