red jet

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tigrou, Apr 30, 2004.

1. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I can edit the quoted parts out Manoce, come on!

Cheer up, I didn't post with a mean attitude.

:)

:cheers:

2. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

This very true but the mk1 was in service jan 1944 and the mk111 replaced them in jan 1945 so by freehost standards we should have this plane and thems the facts...

3. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Kangaa-262-did-not-appear-in-August-45-either.

:zzz:

4. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Facts? So how about Me262 in mid 1944 (so before Dora and 190A8R8?) and Ar.234 just after that? Gimme a break- jets already ruin the gameplay in last part of ToD- I don't want to see them for longer than the admins consider absolutely neccessary (and I do think, that they're pretty much the same opinion about jets on FH as I am :D ).

5. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well, let's simplify the problem (i shouldn't use the example of some *not-so-realistic* features of wbfh, I should know what the reaction will be like)

there's specific situation in the arena in August 45', right? The sky is full of schwalben BnZing red guys. I used to perceive it as kind of boring thing for both sides. Yet most of golds used to enjoy it while I spent all my SA and time by constant breaking. If I was able to get rid of them.. I used to fly over their fields and vulch them. Not so much fun either.

so.. is this "realistic"(1)? And.. is it fun(2)?

ad 1.) - nope it isn't; because me 262 was used since 1944 and it was used mostly as a buff destroyer; it's numbers were relatively much smaller than we see it in arena in August 45'. Possible solution of introducting schwalbe in 44' .. that wouldn't work out the realistic feeling either -- unless there would be just few of them and huge formations of buffs to attack, which is quite inachievable because of the other unrealistic features of this sim, which can't be avoided. So there could be only what-if reality, which would completely ruin the gameplay and would go quite against the philosophy of wbfh.

ad 2.) - see the 1st §

so now lets consider, from the same perspectives, the situation when meteor would be introduced together with schwalbe in August 45'

ad 1.) .. nah, it would be not realistic at all! however not so much different to the "only schwalbe day" concerning this aspect

ad 2.) .. well, I would like to see the meteor x schwalbe matchup.. especially in big numbers; it would change the character of air fight in the arena by a lot imho. And that could be fun.. at least for me

note at the end no. 1
    - arguments based on realism etc are not applicable here; it's gameplay issue only
    so.. the question is.. would you like more to see jets matchup, or are you happy with current situation?

note at the end no. 2
    - the argument here is about introduction of meteor or similar jet in August 45' - so highly hypothetical situation IRL; the problem of implementing jets throughout the war, which would put meteor out of discussion, is part of much wider problem of wbfh concept, which useless to discuss
    this wider problem or concept could be tweaked by scenarios or/and occasional "historical arenas" like Kursk 43' was.. etc.

edits: just correcting my crappy english

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  6. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

I want a ki1000 too...

Red jet is a stupid idea.

7. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

the fact is that virtual pilot never get enouth.
    there's alway new plane the player wish to pilot.
    mostly on wb game play.

did u see vampire pics?

8. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I agree with platy- ki100 would be a nice addition during end of ToD...

And my opinion about jets in WBFH is still the same- wanna play jet vs jet? Play Target Korea for Christ sakes!!!

9. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

WGr 21cm was used A2G regularly especially in normandy - and when carried by 190a4, mgff & 7mm guns were removed, if 190a4 armament options were like this in FH, few would ever fly it armed otherwise

10. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

I for one don't want to see jet vs jet .... All i'm trying to say is both sides had jets available so why has one got it and one not ?? ... As I have said over and over it would be better to remove the me262 ... I think that the time it would take to add a new plane would be better spent fixing the ones we already got don't you?

11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you- if that's your point- i totally agree :D

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i played dynamics "aces over europe" where doedels are modelled more correctly.
    i suggest you to find that game from early 199x to try hit any ground target with them.

13. strafe

strafe Guest

Originally Posted by kangaa
    I for one don't want to see jet vs jet .... All i'm trying to say is both sides had jets available so why has one got it and one not ?? ... As I have said over and over it would be better to remove the me262 ... I think that the time it would take to add a new plane would be better spent fixing the ones we already got don't you?

I agree, lets stop to spend time talking about jets in WWII. Lets fix FMs and develop more planes like HE111, Ju188/288 (gold), Lancaster, Wellington, Dewolittle, ... etc.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2004
  14. strafe

strafe Guest

I really like that planes without E loss have fixed.

15. RolandGarros

Hey, i'm not saying they are modeled correctly, just that a4s that carried them mostly carried only 2 x mg151 as well...BTW mentioning dynamix makes me want a new WW1 sim

16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

1.you mean that Fw 190A-4/R6 must lack MG-FF/M?
    2.red baron? it's not a surprise for your nick :cheers:

17. RolandGarros

yes, r6 version is what i am talking about, but looking into it more it seems that Wgr21 firing a4s were fitted out both with & without the mgff & 7mm guns....knights of europe not long off, they say Q4 2004, so maybe open beta by this time next year :super:
    [​IMG]