US Troops mistreating POWs

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -afi--, May 1, 2004.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Whoops. Sorry. Our bad.

Won't happen again.

2. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

muhahahhaha,.. erghm.. pardone

3. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Actually I dont see why it's so funny.

4. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

Irony

5. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

there is a priest & a cop doing something equally as bad within 1km of you (probably several of each) as you are reading this

6. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Cool! I'll be there.

7. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

They were British (not US) soldiers, Polish priests and Russian policemen.

Greetings,
    Daedal

8. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Yup.

We bitch when they mistreat our POWs...

9. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

every time there is a war, there are soldiers mistreating POWs, civilians or whomever. Little matters the nationality of those soldiers, the army they are fighting for, or the cause of the conflict (have you ever wonder why there's now all this new language? conflict, collateral damage...etc)... this is a sad world.

P.S.: of course I don't blame specially U.S./british/coallition soldiers (of wich I'm ashamed my country makes part...), but war itself and it's consequences (most soldiers, from every country, are guys with little education, and we all know what happens when these poor and little illustrated guys get weapons and power to control people....)

10. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

wasn't one of the reasons the yanks went to iraq to stop this kind of treatment if iraqie people?...Ohh sorry misunderstood it was so they could get in on the fun ...WTG guys ... What a bunch of hipocrits.....Its a sad sad world we live in...

11. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Its a sad sad world we live in...

Actually, it is also a wonderfull,beatifull loving world. Did you bother to go at and gaze at the sky today...or the stars? Did you hold a loved one today and tell them how precious they are to you? Did you recieve such adoration from a loved one, family or friend? Did you greet a stranger with a smile and a warm 'Hello'? I did. And I will be sure to do it again tomorrow and the next day.

Yes, there is evil alive in the world. Its always been there and it will always be. Without eevil there is no good. Without hate there can be no love. Yours is to decide which behavior YOU will choose for yourself. And remember, your children are watching. Love them and marvel at the effect they have on those around them as they share that positive energy with those around them. :)

Dont forget to note ALL the GOOD behavior you see in your everyday existence. I bet you will agree there is MUCH more love than hate surrounding you. If not, I fear you may be looking through sadly jaded eyes.

I have had at least my fair share of horror and grief. I have buried two of my children and held my 6 month old son in my arms as he drew his last breath. I choose well to let my very great pain and ANGER go... so that I might live the rest of my life showing my other 2 living sons the way of optimism and love and respect.

It is all any one of us can do :kruto: Have Hope :rose:

1 person likes this.
  12. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

Nice words :rose:

13. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

by tor :@prayer: :@prayer: :@prayer:

14. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

yup, by-tor; choosing the good way for yourself is must-be; but closing eyes and being silent about the things outside of you is questionable

of course ignoring them is the way.. but in such case one has to ignore the world completely, there's no middle way, there's no way of living in the society and not caring about it
    are you american? or are you not? that's the question; will your children consider themselves as americans?
    you are part of the society and the society is part of you

don't perceive this as polemic with your statement; it is mere addition to it

15. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

respect by-tor

16. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Part of my point is that this is NOT an 'American' issue, nor an isolated one. The issue is human behavior. And my point is that we tend to feel outrage and anger at the way our race mistreats each other (regardless of nationality or religious affiliation etc.) We can easily become forlorn with despair. And we pass that feeling on to those we cantact every day, without trying or wanting to. We similarly pass on our positive energy. Optimism and hope are equally transferrable, and likely even more so.
    Yes my children will consider themselves Americans, but that does not exclude them from harmonious interaction with men of other nations. And I hope thier behavior sets an example for others to follow, whether they be American, German, French, Polish ... This is not a national issue, it is a human one.
    It is enough to be a good man, and by teaching your children the same through your example. In such ways can you 'live in the society AND care about it. In such ways can you individually affect a change for the 'growth' of human enlightenment.

17. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

Is it really enough to be good man? Or is it just the minimum? I'm not giving answer to this. For that's highly relative stuff.

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

'to be a good man'..
    how many aspects this one have?

does a good man must be a good society member?
    or being a good society member equals being a good man?

and finally - is simple existence with a positive, optimistic relations with others means less then active membership in society?

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

My summary to the thread:

"How many times must the cannonballs fly,
    before they're forever banned?...
    ...how many years must some people exist
    before they're allowed to be free?
    The answer my friend, oh the answer my friend is blown into the wind"

(Bob Dylan, "Blown into the wind", 1970)

20. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

When I looked at this thread I thought "not another stupid post about something that happens in every war, not again..."... But to my surprise I found 2 posts from by-tor that gave me hope for the FH community, finnaly someone that doesn't have his head stuck in his arse!!!

What can I say... wtg by-tor, is because of ppl like you I still have some hope in the humam race... As for the winners that can only complain about obvious things, get a life.