@#$@$@ hmack bug

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ramzey302, Jan 25, 2002.

1. ramzey302

ramzey302 Well-Known Member

Dear exec pls do somthing
    Today 302 and Lions in last 2 hours take 2 med fields.
    On both we saw invisible hmack witch kill all ours LI2.
    Is that cheat? imho yes
    used by bluved , hmack on closed field and invisible , imposible to remove from air
    Only one solution is carpet bombing hangars area, but anyway he still cane back.

sad
    ramzey

[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: ramzey302 ]

2. ledge-

ledge- Active Member

Ramzey please note that it was not only Bluved using invisible Hmack. I saw many hmacks at f24 tonight including myself, and we were all invisible. Also, I believe reds are guilty too. Golds were trying to capture f19 and invisible hmack was killing Ju everytime. The unfortunate part about this is that many players felt they had to tell bluved to "Fuck Off" or state other types of profanity. Some of it was even directed at me by a certain Red player. [​IMG]
    There are better ways to deal with a situation besides shouting obcenities at each other. [​IMG]
    I always thought this was supposed to be a friendly game? [​IMG]
    Bluved is not to blame. He was just defending his fields the same as anyone else would.

Ledge- *Flying Barans* [​IMG]

3. lucull

lucull Well-Known Member

Do you feel that you're right defending a field when you're invisible and nearly unvulnerable ? No, you are not. If you know, that you're not visible to others, don't use the .hmack .
    You can call it a bug, but it's a CHEAT too. Nobody should use this. I saw bluved killing more than 10 planes including 3 Li-2's at f3 yesterday (in 2 minutes!!!). It was impossible for maybe 20 reds to capture that "clear" small field. We asked him (friendly at the beginning!) to stop this, but he was going on.

I'm really pissed off of everyone who uses this bug. STOP IT IMMEDIATLY until it is fixed.

[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: lucull ]

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Does that happen everytime somebody mans an AAG?? Coz I took a flak myself today and downed a plane or two, but nobody said anything to me. :confused:

5. GILIGN

GILIGN Member

A bug is a bug.. Intentionally taking advantage of the bug changes it to a cheat.
    I dont care bout base capture or kills or score and all that crap, I'm jus there to t-n-b. I have seen the effect cheaters and lifer-dweebs can have on sims tho, and it pisses me off 4 sure. I've got less than zero respect for them and never will. (4give and 4get, and that "turn the other cheek" bullshit jus aint my style.)

Ledge, dont it suck when you're using a cheat and ppl complain about it? Ahhhh, toooo dam bad...heh.

If I was a game god, I not only would ban ya for life (first offense), but I'd mail all the other flight sims a note with yer info so they would know better than to let ya join.
    (if i were king, the world would b a different place..hehe)

6. Jochen

Jochen Well-Known Member

Lilija is definitely killing planes while invisible. Originally thought there was an airplane was invisible...but sure enough, I only got hit near the one end of the field, and all the hits were MG sounds. lilija was DEFINITELY using an invisible hmack at F8 tonight. We lost at least three aircraft there...they just caught fire or, in my case, had a fuel tank lit up.

Jochen

7. -ASGAR

-ASGAR Well-Known Member

lol
    both side hmacks a invisible ,both usesd it - without any special to do u are invisible so its not a cheat.
    ..bzw why do you see a hmack from higher alt ? we should see the tracers ..but not the hmack itself..would be more realistic guess

saw a post somewhere also that u need to many hits from b25H 75mm cannon to kill cv > 20?
    try to kill a real cv with a 75mm cannon and tell me how many hits..lol

8. ledge-

ledge- Active Member

Lucull, unfortunately I don't agree with you. I've been in FH for a long time and I've seen the effects of cheaters first hand. How about the guy who used to use the mine command to kill his own bases then go gold and capture them? How about the guy who was using hmack on a closed field about 2 weeks ago? [​IMG]
    This invisible hmack is common to BOTH SIDES. Reds and Golds are both using it. It is not limited to a single player like in previous cases. Think about it, and don't let your anger dictate your words.

Ledge *Flying Barans*

9. bluved

bluved New Member

I obviously have to respond. This bug seems about 3 days old. Its not restricted to any one person and its not restricted to any one country. Now every time i hmack since it started there have allways been other hmacks on the field with me, who too are invisible. Yet its only me the reds complain about, why? Its as lucull said, I was getting about 4 or 5 kills per amo load! I happen to do the hmack very well, those were not kills at d1 or d2 but d5 to d8.

So im asking why is my name singled out when there are dozens hmacking while the bug exists (including reds!!!). Ill admit i feel guilty about 1 thing. Killing the Li2s and ill say now ill only go for fighters not them but ill continue to mack till the bug is fixed.

-------------

10. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

..... and that my friends is called bug abusing, otherwise known as cheating .

Shame on you.

11. CBFASI

CBFASI Active Member

Well I just went into hmack at f22 (red) with a red on the runway and asked if he could see me, no was the answer :eek: , field appeared clear.

If friendlies cant see the hmack and enemies cant see the hmack then it should either be FIXED or DISABLED. Invisable hmacks are FAR TOO DEADLY. [​IMG] Normally you can shoot them, but NOT if you CANT see them [​IMG] . It also means as has been found an apparantly clear and closed field is a death trap. [​IMG]

Get this fixed as soon as possible. [​IMG]

12. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

a hipothesis:

hmacks start out when field is open, but are invisible since the beginning.

attacking cons close the field and call in JU/LI, not even suspecting the inviz hmack is there.

hmack doesnt know he is invisible, thinking he was ignored, killing the JU/LI, and then called cheater.

solution: only fixing the invis bug in this case :(

13. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

check bug forum section

hits from invisible person will not count.

[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: rgreat ]

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

rgreat was faster :)
    aike answered that the causes of invisible units is unknown yet, but the problem is localised.

invisible units would not harm players, though the way to make all units visible is not found yet.

also fire from warp is going to be disabled, or are disabled already.

15. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

yay!
    another 2 steps forward! wtg and thx FH!!

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

thank you. for fixing this bug. people that know about it and continue to use it, are cheats.

17. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

Yep, i saw that too.

Anyway...
    </font>

18. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Yes.. that :)