What i play off line

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -barak, Jul 3, 2004.

1. -barak

-barak Well-Known Member

Hello everyone this is by far the BEST Simulators you can play offline!!!!!!!!!
    If you are into trains that is like i'am, it's called Microsoft Train-simulator
    the game it's self is great BUT the add-on packs you can buy for it are out of
    this world i own 2 out of the about 15 you can buy for it. I found a website were you can download up 12,322 things from it for free from Engines to Rail cars and every day there's more added this has got be one of the the most realist simulators you can play. I just heard from Maple Leaf Tracks is making a addon with just over 300 miles of track from Revelstoke B.C. To Calgary AB.
    Canada and this is modeled after the real main line of the Canadian Pacific Railway. OH if you don't have a a higher end computer with good Vcard and ram you will not get the full experance of the graphcs in the game i was running with a 400Mhz with graphics turned down it ran ok NOW got
    AMD 2500 with ATI 9600XT 128MD Vcard and 512 DDR Ram it rocks.

Barak %)
    CO. JV44 Galland's Flying Circus

:joystick:
    Dam Fucking Joystick Is Stuck

Last edited: Jul 5, 2004
    1 person likes this.
  2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

how about simulator of fishing? for me it has the same excitement as driving trains :D

1 person likes this.
  3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

4. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

yes, games like these are very popular in Japan AFAIK...even in Europe you could buy a fishing rod for Sega Saturn for example...

5. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

I like the old Fallout and Fallout2 games - still have them on my PC :)

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I like - and have - lots of games, the problem is that I usually play a game intensively for about one week, and after that I kind of forget about it, never, or rarely to touch it again. Most of my games sadly enough have little or no replay value, for example, I had fun playing Freelancer, but it's a single scenario, you can replay the scenario, but that's pretty much it... I've had my share of fun gaming time, always had fun playing GTA, Mafia, Lock On, Freelancer, etc etc, but they all get boring after a while...

I think it's sad that designers these days spend more time/work in visuals etc, than they do in the things that really make a game fun to play, gameplay for example... ah well, that's just a craving towards the past ;)

<Z>

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Yeah, or how about Sim Paint - An astonishingly accurate simulation of the process of watching paint dry. Or Sim Lawn - Watch grass grow. A sim for people without hobbies. :zzz:

8. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

hi zemb' :)

i've got few games,and when i like one i can play it all my life:
    wb or donkeykong country 1.2.3 on super nes, such good old games,with a game play inegaled for the moment. 3d games are invading market, but originality and game play are near 0.

9. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@babek

Fallout and Fallout 2 ruled... I still have them both (sad is that the "1" does not want to work on my newer computer's config and I have to use the old PI233MMX machine to play it). It is also sad, that Vaan Burenn project was dropped, shame on you Interplay managers! :(

Like Zembla said... now it's all about FPS's, numbers of polygons and graphical effects... designers forgot about gameplay. I remember a game called "Another World"... superb graphics (for it's time of course), interesting plot and also interesting game in generall... all this written by ONE MAN! And I think that's the source of it's success- there were no "marketing experts" to cut budget, drop the project or interfere with the plot...

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

as for Fallout3- ive heard rumours that work is in progress once again; cant say where i heard that or if its true tho ;)
    both Fallouts were great;
    i also liked Gothic, all FIFA soccer games, GTA3 and VC
    Another World.. man.. Amiga 500s time :) and Flashback - one of the greatest games.. must be around 15yrs old by now; many hours lost for these;

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Red Ant>Or Sim Lawn - Watch grass grow
    no, sim ganja is more interesting.
    but i lost the game. you had several types of seeds and factors like light, water, temperature.

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Yes, I forgot to say one small thing, there ARE games I can KEEP playing, but none of them are released anymore... in the good old days I could have fun with a game, and KEEP flying it (f.ex. Fighters Anthology, horrible graphics, but great fun to play)

<Z>

13. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

14. strafe

strafe Guest

I like Chuck Yeager. Its DOS version, for those who interested it, I can send it in a zip file, I guess it's less than 1.2Mb.

15. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

loool train simulator, i read there is only 1 person in all game, in middle of nothing lool

btw a nice sim offline is TOCA Race Driver 2, my brother brought it today, it s funny and good

16. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

I've played a lot of games, but nothing compares to monkey island... the first monkey island... dude, hours of play... i remember spending my time at high school thinking of that game.

now i play "neverwinter nights", "hearts of iron", "morrowind".... but as zembla said, i can't keep the interest in a single game for more than a week, i can come back 2-3 months later, but i'm changing all the time...

17. gwiazd

gwiazd Active Member

Train sim :super: . But the best game ever is Planescape Torment :@prayer:

18. SiD

SiD Well-Known Member

Preliminary Monty
    Montezuma's Revenge
    :super:

and i remeber one game from Atari.. from Microprose IMHO.
    but do not remember a name.

You was a pilot of plane, and you have to delivery a mail.
    You had a rear view of plane. WoW, I spend a lot of time on it.

:cheers:

19. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

LOL, yes, I still remember: "look into the plastic chicken" :super:

I also remember my first "good" flying simulator ever: Battle of Britain, by Lucasarts, 10 kills in a sortie. Yes that were good times :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  20. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

it was free flight afair :)