HOW MANY REAL PILOTS??

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Jul 21, 2001.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

ok, i have posted alot the last few days, here is my latest quetion. how many real pilots are here who have actually flown an aircraft?? me i have only been a passenger, never really flown a plane but would like to in the furure. and how many pilots here have actually had real combat experiece? weather it be prop planes or the jet age type?? this could be interesting, and can't wait for your replys???

2. ratpak

ratpak Well-Known Member

No, unfortunately not... [​IMG] But if you got a pilot's license, some money left
    and love the Fw 190, go to http://www.flugwerk.de to buy a genuine
    rebuilt 190 to fly for real [​IMG]

3. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I don't, but I'm really looking foward to take my license in the next few years (as soon as I get a little more free time and $$$)

------------------
    Major -fla--
    Commander of the Jambock Subgroup and Contact Officer.
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

4. banjo-

banjo- Member

I was lucky enough to grow up as a son of a fighter pilot. My dad was Lt. Col. in the Royal Lao Air Force during the conflict that happened in Southeast Asia. He was the wing commander of the 3rd tactical fighter wing. They mostly flew the North American T-28 Trojans while working closely with the CIA's secret airline, Air America and the USAF Ravens and AIR Commandos to eradicate the communist Pathet Lao who were trying to overthrow Laos. Unfortunately I was too young to remeber what happened over, but since my father was high ranking officer,my family was lucky enought oescape the country when it fell to communist control in Dec. 1975. I was only 2yrs. old when we relocated to the USA. Luckily enough with all the big wigs and brass that my father had known during the war, he was able to do what he loves best, flying. He is now retired but his last recent stint was flying oil workers back and forth from oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. I just wanted to share with you guys a little historical and personal story of my love for aviation.
    My father is now teaching basics of ground school so that when I am ready, I'll at least know a little more and be confident that I could fly a plane if the emergency arizes.
    Well thanks for reading..
    See ya in the Skies..but if you are Gold...
    Fair Warning .. Check Yer Six...heheheheh

banjo- "Elite" Fighter Squadron

www.bordernt.com/elite

[​IMG]

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

cool banjo, probably alot of stories,i would love to get a bottle of wine and hear some of your fathers stories. and hang in thier you'll get your licence ;-)

6. doggun

doggun Well-Known Member

Yes I was a real Pilot,
    as I have stated in the thread AGE-CHECK already, I have been flying for the German Airforce from 57 untill 93.
    After training in Canada und the USA on Chipmunk, Havard MkII+IV, T-33 and F84F I came back to Germany to fly with a Fighterbomber Wing. In 61 we converted to F104G Starfighter, which I flew to the end of my carreer, at the end as instructor and test pilot on F104. I have close to 5000 hrs actual flying time, of which are some 4000 hrs on the F104.
    I loved jetflying very much and would do the same career all over again if I could.

In WarBirds I am still learning and gathering experiance on propeller driven aircraft to cope with the outstanding veterans in this game.
    CU in the air

------------------
    doggun the lone tiger

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Watch out boys - if you want to get flying licence WB is not the best place to wait for it. You`ll need good eyes.

I`ve lost my chances around 9-10 years old so I can stay here as much as I wish [​IMG] Besides probably wouldnt ever have the money.

Hey, doggun, AFVS would be glad to have you! http://grobar.search.bg/volunteers/

Check us out!

------------------
    Генерал-майор (Air Commodore) grobar,
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron

8. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

grh another doble post

[This message has been edited by grobar (edited 22 July 2001).]

9. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=-

-pilots and Sim-jockeys

I have been a pilot for 14 years and teach small classed of students to fly. ...and although I have yet to fly a WWII WarBird In Real Life... I have flown in a few... flying a in B24 (as a passenger) in Everett Washington tomorrow.... but... i have have flown a number of high performance aerobatic planes... and there is nothing better than feeling the 'G's!

I have met many pilots who have flown real Warbirds and have even had a p-39 pilot over to fly WB and he said the flight model is very good.

My dream is a built a replica Warbird... The one I'm seriously considering is at www.tally-ho.org (dont forget the www. or you wont get there) it is an 80 percent spitfire. ...there is another 100 percent spitfire by a different designer that allows more options during construction. I'll know in the next few months which one I will be starting.

Sorry about rambl'n on [​IMG]

-hrtman

-=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=-

10. Loki777

Loki777 Member

well as i am 26 years old - i am to young to fly a warbird.

my grandfather was an ack weeny *gg* - in german FLAK HELFER - in ww2 - defending fliegerhorste in france, poland and at the end in austria.

(luckily he got pow of the amies - cause his friends in our hometown got pow in russia and did not come back [​IMG] ) siberia was the hell on earth

chk 6 i'll get you golds

11. Stardust

Stardust Well-Known Member

So bad russian, yes? [​IMG]
    Oh, c'mon! My grandpa went to war in 1941 and never came back (he was killed in Battle for Moscow) - where was the hell for him?
    BTW I was born in Siberia and living here now - don't see any reason for camplain...
    Anti-offtopic: I have one friend, former helicopter pilot ( Mi-8 ) who flying WB periodically. His nick lark or something like that...

[This message has been edited by Stardust (edited 23 July 2001).]

12. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

In camps suffered also millions of russians.

------------------
    Генерал-майор (Air Commodore) grobar,
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron

13. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

sepukked

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  14. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

-pilots

I flew in a B24 today! Yippie! Eleanor Roosevelt and Joseph Stalin... and a few other famous people had flown in the same exact airplane!

WOW is all I can say... 4800 hp... it got up and went. Rapid accceleration.. we took off and climbed very fast. Much faster than it seems in the WB game... but no bombs on board and not a full fuel tank...

If you ever get the chance.. do it.

Here is the web link to the plane.

http://www.cafb29b24.org/

it is going to these cities next...

July 16 - 23 Everett, WA
    July 23 - 30 Spokane, WA
    July 30 - Aug 3 Ogden, UT
    August 3 - 6 Wendover, UT
    August 6 - 13 Idaho Falls, ID
    August 13 - 20 Boise, ID
    August 20 - 24 Twin Falls, ID
    August 24 - 27 Missoula, MT
    August 27 - Sep 3 Great Falls, MT
    September 3 - 10 Billings, MT
    September 10 - 17 Denver, CO
    September 23 - 30 Albuquerque, NM
    September 30 - Oct 5 Midland, TX

-hrtman

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

15. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

sounds like you had alot of fun hrtman, did it still have .50's in it?? of coarse non functioning???. now just imagine yourself going over a target in it. and akk knockin you down. i remember seeing footage from ww2 clips and watching the wing get blow off, i don't know how they manage to jump when a plane is going down and spiraling out of control.

16. Alexej

Alexej Member

Hi everbody,

I flew Piper Warrior's since 98' in the US and now two seater like P92 FK12 Comet in Germany.
    But is so fxxx expensive...well, watch your 6 reds...Alexej is zooming in!

17. Galland

Galland Member

Hey I'm a real pilot. I've been a CFI for almost 10 years. As far as small planes go I love the little Cubs. Tail draggers are for real pilots.

-G

18. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

-Pilots

It still had a fifty in the nose for show... but others were removed... it was rigged for transport.

Funny you say that... I was think just that when I was in it! I have seen much of that old WWII footage when the guys could not get out... what a nightmare.

reminds me of...
    A pilot friend of mine works for the FAA and does crash investigation. He showed me footage of a T-6 Texan that hit another T-6 back in 96 (maybe 95?)... one wing came off at very low altitude and the force of the plane kept the pilot from being able to get out... he was half out of the cockpit when the plane hit the gound... very disturbing footage.

-hrtman

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

19. Loki777

Loki777 Member

stardust

i never told that russians are bad - but stalin was a war crime - same as adolf h. off course

20. Mosch316

Mosch316 Member