Shorten time for F4U4 and or Yak9T

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Snoopy, Jul 24, 2001.

1. TS
    Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

I want to start a vote to shortent he time for the F4U4 and or the YAK 9T.

I have asked to balance the game to more realistic conditions on several occasions, and even once asked to extend the game to a would have been. But my requests to balance what I would most like to see, the reinstating of the Jet's time in the RPS to something approaching usable, has gone unanswered and unchanged.

Since I see this as monumentally unfair to golds, (especially given that so many reds have asked tht the Jet be given re fly time per ToD), I am now asking that the F4U4 be delayed till June or July of 1945 and that the YAk9T be pushed back to April or may of 1944.

I of course vote that they both be pushed back as far as possible.

How do the rest of you vote?

See you in the air.

Snoopy

2. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

I agree in both points

3. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

-Pilots

ME TOO!

-hrtman

4. flight

flight New Member

Although i like both planes very much (especially th F4-U4) - i have to agree to your opinion !

Greetings

flight
    flight@administrator.usaf.org

[This message has been edited by flight (edited 24 July 2001).]

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Arguments?

http://12.8.19.66/variants/variants.htm
    F4U-1 07-42
    F4U-1A 04-43
    F4U-4 10-44

As about Yak-9T I am forced to refer russian source, cause it is most detailed and less contradictory to other sources: Stepanets A. T. Yakovlev's fighters of Great Patriotic War.
    Well, I see July-August'43 when Yak-9T appeared in the VVS.

------------------
    Luck
    Yedyge aka exec[228] aka Killer Crayon
    mail2duc@stones.com

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Sorry for Corsair's url.
    It's changed to
    http://bentwingbird.com/

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 26 July 2001).]

7. freddy

freddy Well-Known Member

GKO = Gosudarstvenny Komitet Oborony (State Commitee of Defense)

Polygon of Aviation Armament = Proving Ground of Aviation Armament

[This message has been edited by freddy (edited 24 July 2001).]

8. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-Pilots and exec

you said...

...but you don't understand again... I DONT think Snoopy is trying to say that the release dates are not accurate...

You DONT get it do you?

rotfl [​IMG]

-hrtman

9. Galland

Galland Member

This is funny! But, it makes sense to me. I say move those puppies back a few months.

-G

10. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

guys u are going too far

the plane put back is me262.. a damn jet plane that isnt that good anyway.
    i know it is better to have it normally, even with restrict to avoid abuse. but still.. grab the old 109k and it works just as fine. it has a 30mm too.

u have seen.. they read but wont change their minds about 262. they dont even answer for starters.
    btw, rgreat, i know u guys have a life and so on, but 15 seconds (5 seconds if u dont have a phone line like me [​IMG] ) to post a 'sry cant be done' saves u more time than having to read another 10 posts saying the same thing [​IMG]

going back to the point:
    u guys are wanting to push back normal prop planes, not jet fighters.
    ok to bring back 262. not ok, to push back f4u and stuff.

btw, exec was right about 60 rnds of fast 30mm being better than 30 rnds of slow 37mm [​IMG]

and btw again.. dont start the fight again plz.. if it even was a fight...

11. TS
    Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Exec, once again Hartmann is right. You DON'T get it!

This isn't about being historically accurate it is about being fair int he application of the RPS.

I don't care when those planes were available in Real life so long as they are available in the RPS about a year later! that being how long hte ME262 is delayed in the RPS.

This isn't about german vs soviet or american planes. This is about BALANCE. If you want to talk about historically accurate then the ME-262 should be flyable starting in July of 1944. You can't have it both ways. Pick one and be consistent. All we ask is to be treated consistently. Then we don't complain nearly as much, if at all.

Nicae, as for use the 109K it has 30mm true, but the 109 K is not as fast as the ME-262. The method of attack and defending oneself in the 109 is totally different from the method used in the ME-262. If you push the 109K to 900 KPH it will break apart. But the ME-262 can do over 900 KPH and not be hurt. Totally different planes. This isn't about the guns, although the idea Bizerk proposed of giving the ME-262 but give it a 7.62 gun is just plain absurd. If you do that you may as well just paint a bullseye on the plane. 20 MM would be more reasonable but still it would be as much a bastardization as the current limited time.

Now I show 5 votes to move back and 1 to leave the RPS for these planes alone.

Keep voting I will tally from time to time.

See you in the air.

Snoopy

12. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

no wonder you miss the 262. you spend all your time bickering. and i suppose, if they leave us with just the f4f3 maybe you would all be happy! just fly. oh i have an idea exec, how about giving reds bi-planes instead?? biz out

13. TS
    Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

No bizerk the reason I dont get to fly the ME262 is that I live in a part of the world where I often have to sleep or be at work during the pitifully short period of time that the jet is available, like this time of day right now. Couple this with the very fast F4U which it is impossible to run away from until we get the Jet and you put a 7 month advantage of Red over gold in the high speed warfare at the end of the war. And please don't insult me by saying I should turn and burn against the F4U4. If you think you can do that from a 190, you haven't flown the 190 recently.

Many people here seem to feel that the purpose of Warbirds is to simulate Propeller based planes in a combat arena. That isn't what I have been given to understand. I was led to believe that WB is a WWII simulator. And the ME-262 which is terribly undermodelled in the game to begin with (iEN's fault not FH), is further restricted by being available only the last month of the war. Someone might argue it is 2 months as it is August and September but the server doesn't play into September at all. It is August and war ends, so one month.

With the recent addition of many players from the German server and still more players from around the world, this game (FH) is becoming more and more a global community. And the 8 hour RL flight window that one month of war time translates into is just too short to provide a global audience with a chance to play. Even iEN has pushed the Jet back as I have stated before but they make it available for more then 4 months.

Here is a question direct for the admins.

WHY?? Why has the Jet been relegated to near obscurity in the RPS? Why have our repeated requests to give it more flight time gone wholesale unanswered?

The acception to this is Rgreat, who has graciously pointed out we shouldn't pester, and I do sincerely hope this isn't seen as pestering, but if it is I am sorry you see it that way. We only wish to know what if any hope we have of changing this situation to something that is more mutually agreeable by all players of the game.

Thanks again for your time and attention.

See you in the air.

Snoopy

14. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

exec... we can give you the date when the 262 saw active duty for the first time... would it change your opinion on the time the jet deserves? I don't think so...

greetz, Zembla

PS:
    Striking them back in their own field is a good tactic at war, but pretty unusefull when you want to get something to be done/changed...

I stay with my opinion on the 262 tho!

15. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

you misundertood me

i said what i said about historic accuracy because your discussion with exec has taken that subject, and has nothing to do with your point, as far as i understood.

and you skipped me saying that there are differences, not unbalences.
    oh and exec said that too [​IMG]

i noticed that you propose the comming of 262 to RL time as a way to balance things.. but how will it do so? is a 900kmph rocket armed with 4x30mm really going to bring balance? it will bring historical accuracy, and that is not the point here, as mentioned above.

but, as rgreat gave us some helpful information (at last [​IMG] ) the 262 may come out to balance with the la7.
    la7? but la5 is already a superfast-untouchable plane.. how are we going to kill it? the same way reds do with 262. thats balance. 1 for each.

i personally think that 262 should be in its historical time, but with numerical restrictons to be more faithful to RL.
    but saying that there is unbalance now, sorry, as gold pilot i disagree.
    what is the unbalance, in your point of view?
    (plz dont say 262.. that is mentioned above)

well.. sry if i said anything stupid.. im sorry already. i just dont have the patience to read all this again.. its to long [​IMG]

still thinking,
    nicae

16. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I thinking you Snoopy is missing the point here. I thinking we all are trying to reach 2 objectives: realismin and having fun (can only be reached with balance). I see you're searching for balance, but I thinks this is not the way. If it was we would be left with 109s and spits only until last month of war. Let's not restrict more other planes (indeed, the "big fields only" restrict work fine imo). Let's end the 262 restrict, not add more ones.

BTW, I think La5 is a lot more dangerous than the yak9t

------------------
    Major -fla--
    Commander of the Jambock Subgroup and Contact Officer.
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

17. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Zembla JG13>exec... we can give you the date when the 262 saw active duty for the first time... would it change your opinion on the time the jet deserves? I don't think so...

Think it over again [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Luck
    Yedyge aka exec[228] aka Killer Crayon
    mail2duc@stones.com

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 25 July 2001).]

18. TS
    Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

OK but that was before all these russian uber planes were added, like the LA5 which is overmodelled. Yes I have been spending many hours gathering data on it. It shouldn't be faster then 190.

Anyway with all the new high speed planes and a much broader audience on the server, it may be time to rethink that decision.

I think 24 hours would be a good amount of time, but longer would be better. :+)

Anyway the current situation is just not very accomidating for the world wide audience.

See you in the air.

Snoopy

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Snoopy, when you will explore Lavochkin-5 notice that there were several models. Example: La-5 first series = LaGG-3 with air cooled engine M-82, La-5 with M-82A engine and new airframe (distinguished by another cockpit), La-5F, La-5FN.
    You must keep in mind that FW's were several models too.
    Some La's outrun some FW's at some alt ranges, some not.
    OK?

20. TS
    Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Oh I noticed all that. I also noticed that the LA7, which is being talked about with great anticipation is a speed deamon also.

Yes the LA5F was faster then the LA5 and the LA5FN has a couple additional refinements. But the 190 A8 and D9 should be faster then the LA5FN and the A4 should be faster above 4KM.

I am also wondering when we will see the MC.205 or the TA-152?

See you in the air.

Snoopy