Spitfire Lf.Mk.IXc - clipped wings

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by RedBull, Aug 10, 2004.

1. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Nice to see Spit Lf.Mk.IXc version in new FHL. 1.6.1 - wtg.
    But shouldnt has this Low-Fighter version clipped wings? I think so - see pictures here.

IMHO wouldnt be so difficult "clip" these in 3D model. This would help also pilots for correct identification of this plane.

2. ron-in

ron-in Member

Am I right if I asume ( due to cliped wings ) this
    fighter suposed to be devill in Turn 'nd Burn fight?

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

cc that ron especially at low er levels. (hence LF low fighter) :) still no .50's :( c wing was universal wing to except 3 different loadouts. 2 hispanos and 4 303's or 2 hispanos and 2 .50's cal (12mm here) or 4 cannon. Is it possible to have a choice of what armament to choose while in the tower for it? Even if you exclude the 4 cannon choice. the .50's would be nice to have back. Oh, one more thing. Can you please give the hellcat back some of its handling? it handles worse then a p-47! and that just ain't right. Just way to sloppy with the controls <S>

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  4. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Hi ron ,biz.Anyone tell me why Spit IX has no .505/12mm guns anymore??And ki61 now outclimbs Spit V ...should it be able to do it?How about those divespeeds?They are reduced dramatically.The plane that broke soundbarrier (...ok modified but anyhow)now drops wings after 650kmh.Haven't tested gold planes yet but Spit & Hurr now can't dive like they used to.Is f.ex.109's divespeed reduced also?

*jac sratching his hairless head and wondering wtf is going on in FH nowdays..*

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Most spitfires didnt offer blazing 2x50 and 2x20mm gun options, the policy was the more guns the marrier, and even though the option was availible, It may not have been practicle or widely used,I personally like to see the 50's being dropped as it makes for more realism.

The ki61 is very good on energy if flow correcly, and odds are he has more energy if he dramaticly outclimbs your, I mean, think about it....untill you fly it dont judge. IMHO the ki61b is the most fairly modled plane in the game. Its speed is not blistering, its handling not the all time best, its guns nothing to brag about. But its all round a great craft.

The speed displayed on the speedo and true airspeed as the host sees it can be way off. In the fw190, when i fly, it will look as though I am not even going 500km/h, but if you type in good old ".getspeed" then it says I am going 560km/h or maybe even more. So a difference in speed of something like 80mph could be your problom.

And as far as planes not handling right, dont cry for the wildcat before you fly the a6m or the ki43, since V1.60 they have basicly been neutered. Turning was basicly their only strong point, manooverability, now, they have none, atleast the wildcat has still got some punch, speed, and much better durability as in comparison.

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

4x20 were not used until almost seafang
    e-wing was not used until 1944
    so be contect with c-wing, 2x20+4x7.69
    :D

as for clipped LF wing... i don't know why dev's made whole wing.

the main reason for lf9c is merlin-66 instead of 61

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Spitfire IX had .505cal and 20mm Hispanos.How can you say 'Dropping .505cal makes it reailstic ,huh

I climbed allmost from deck with ki61 my 6 for minutes and same energy.And I have flown ki61 many times.

I know what is TAS and IAS ,and I don't use .getspeed ,but I have a macro for .showdata buddy.But Spitfires ability to stand speed in dives is REDUCED DRAMATICALLY ,I I fking wonder why.I tested 109f4 (which should be pretty close on divespeed (and in different aspects too)with spit and it's ability to dive is same as ever.

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

jacobe, realise what C-wing does mean ;)

9. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

This from the person who has never flown red, yet knows everything there is to know about how uber they are :rolleyes:

-glas-

10. yivan

yivan Well-Known Member

imho devs dont know how edit or put new model =]
    imo spit 9 with 4x0.303 + hispano armament should have spit V model (wich have B-wing) with green texture insted of orginal spit9e model (E-wing)
    and why spit 9e cant exist later in RPS?

11. ron-in

ron-in Member

Only thing that goes on to my nerves lately is fact that
    I have to spend whole s..tload of ammo in 190 and 109 from
    behind and the best I can get in most of the cases is just smoke.
    Certainly they are usualy faster than my yaks and I am not able
    to finish 'em.

12. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

If you actually listened I am open and told everyone, and everyone that knows me from say atleast the year 2000. That I flew red or gold depending on which roster was weakest, but then sometime around late 2001 early 2002 I just decided that I wouldnt fly red anymore, and I havnt since then, I have a nick I fly red when the new version comes out so I can test all the planes and come to my own conclusion.

On a side note, you seem to be the only person who thinks the ki61 is uber or any other way unrealistic. Even if he did climb with you for 6 minuets, which is very possible if you actually studied the plane and learned that the ki61's wing desighn is damn near perfect, but come on, like 4x50 cal could peirce your thick shitfire hide? Even flying 190, 14x20mm will be lucky to bring late war spits down. Usually 40-80x50cal into a spit means their leaking, unless you get lucky. Very odd that only you find the plane to be overmodled.

13. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Also, just becuase the option was availble doesnt mean that you should have it. Just like ki44 doesnt get its 40mm guns and such. Maybe give the spits back the 50's if we get the FW190 TA152? I would never want another gold plane to be added to the RPS again.

14. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

@jacobe
    Katoin tota rgreatin taulukkoo ja sen mukaan nousunopeus olisi Ki:n ja Spitin vдlillд kuvaamasi kaltainen.....
    Ei Ki paljon hдpee...

Spitfire-1 6.0 5000
    Spitfire-2 5.6 5000
    Spitfire-5b 6.15 5000
    Spitfire-5c 5.6 5000
    Spitfire-9c 4.5 5000
    Spitfire-LF-9c 3.8 5000
    Spitfire-5c 5.6 5000
    Spitfire-14 4.6 5000

Ki-61-1c 5.1 5000
    Ki-61-1b 4.95 5000

airfax/karma :@drunk:

Ps. sorry, was too lazy to use english....

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

And through these tests you were able to determine that the typhoon turns like a hurri, and the hurri can go as fast as the typhoon. All because both have 4x20mm?

Can you run that argument again so we can all laugh at your stupidity?

-glas-

p.s Yeah, i took frog's advice and removed you from my ignore list. When I get bored with your stupidity, or angry with your racist comments, i'll just put you back on ;)

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

spit IX, urgent version to counter Fw 190, quick lash-up of V with merlin 61; again LF, F and HF versions, plus IXE with two 20mm and two 0.5inch guns. production: 5,665.

17. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

@airfax
    joo ,kai se on niin kun huomasin ,yritin vaan kysyд ettд kuuluuko se olla niin ettд ki kiipee spittiд nopeemin niiko oikeesti RL,jos kiipee ni vitut siitд ,olkoon niin.Tддl on vaan tosi dorkaa porukkaa ,jos oot huomannu.

@glas
    wtg ,u stole the words from my mouth.

@allsop

All I asked did ki61 climb faster than Spit5
    in RL?

pissed off = 1

Leave you stupid comments pls and stay in subject.Seems like you just bend things with your healthy approach to phenomena called life.Get well and grow up ,at least try ,cause you will I tell ya.
    Or you will
    enjoy your short miserable life less than you would if you'd some day dig your shitty brain out from your ass and slowly start polishing it.And before you notice it you start to get friends and people start even loving you.I bet you 16.:(

pissed off= 0

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  18. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Clipped wing was to improve the rate of roll.
    Which it did very much.

It made turnrate worse at all altitudes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

ops. i meant "reason for fhlf9c".
    as for "rllf9c", yes, clipping is another specific feature (including lowalt eng 66) vs "f9c/61"

20. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Here are some technical data what could be usable for developers and make clr bit this discussion:

Btw: the rockets as loadout should be available for this type also...

Attached Files: