New Spit vs. 109 for Golds ;-)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by cross-, Aug 12, 2004.

1. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

kill the damn squint!
    ;)
    he was first here.. havent seen him for 2 yrs (my fhwb lifetime) and now he got back and messing around..
    and refuses to gimme my nick back!

anyway - i dont know the guy and its not me :)

2. Turboman

Turboman Active Member

Thank you ;'{). It was a strange thing to see LOL. So it was my was bad gunnery then hehehheh . Man i hate when they turn it makes em hard to hit. Can you tweak flight model so they only fly straight in my gunsihgts?? HEHEHHE

3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

fk ,was talking to squirl ,my err.

4. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

As said earlier: Spit going be "plow" more than origin plane...

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Sorry to disappoint you, it didn't rankle me. Every once in a while people start complaining about so called severe changes, or so called crappy balance, or plane x is uber and plane y is under, the content is always the same, the form is the only difference. If your post was not intended sarcastically then I suggest you read over your posting before you press the actual reply button.

BTW, the 109 pilots have the same blood/G-effects/blackouts all the same...

<Z>

6. Pikkot

Pikkot Well-Known Member

imho there is a problem with blackout turning. for both sides. I think you shouldn't be able to turn, when you got almost all screen black...my opinion. about 109s:g14 is cool plane for me.first sortie:2kills. 30mm gun with good aim is deadly.Ask Raven:p

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

no no no mr. zembla ,those english fish and chips eating fatsos pass out much more earlier that stiff well trained german blue-eyed warriors ;) ;) lol

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

About the blackouts, spit pilots suffered them severely in high G turns, and often relied on straightening up after the turn and simply hoping that they were still on the con's tail.

It's always easier for the defender to be successful in these turns, regardless if it's a spit chasing a 109, or vice versa.

-glas-

9. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

pierre closterman, french in RAF, was black out folowing his leader before engaging fight. a thing that no exist in Fhwb is the pracise of high g resistance. in real, old pilots would pull heavier G's than nwebies.

10. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Shouldnt it be so?

I've never even seen a guncam where wing was shot off with any mg at all.

11. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Btw. there are same blackout limits in every plane in WB. It's not plane dependant.
    You blackout because you are able to turn so tight.

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Ive read stories of planes being ripped apart by the MG from a 110 rear gunner tho....

-glas-

13. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

The problem is with WB's DM limitations. Now the only way to bring down a plane is to kill the pilot or rip the wing or some part of fuselage.
    With 7mm only pk is probable and that really difficult even with good aim - you need a stable deflection shot at not more than 150yds. This makes 7mm almost useless against 109 and 110 - most common opponents.
    While in pilots' reports most planes seem to go down due to fire, especially when shot at with mg's. 7mm's also destroyed lots of equipment, control cables, engine and so on when a good burst hit a plane. This is not modelled in FH and fires are next to non-existant. In fact, hits that eventually cause fire here, are from 20mm. The only plane I've ever set on fire with 7mm was ki27... Even zero only caught fire (very few times, btw ;)) from .50, never from .303

14. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Atleast for me it's usual, almost a rule to have more energy than my opponent at the beginning of the fight.

How would it be typical that 109 pilot has more altitude? Really, it's not the plane it's the pilot. I usually use Spit as Z&B/E-fight plane much like 190 and attack with good altitude advantage. 95% of time i have the alt advantage. 5% of time i have the suprise. It's up to pilot to take advantages not the plane.

With speed you get to >d1 in matter of seconds and a short burst there finishes every plane.

I think spit is a very good plane. I like it much more than 109. Many of spit pilots just dont have any idea how to use it effectively. If it can turn does not mean it should be turned. Slow speed turning is propably the worst option to do in most cases. It's the most unneeded feat of a fighter plane. If your opponent doesnt agree to turn with you - you can start to wait your death and maybe hope for a snapshot.

Keeping E state high, fighting in vertical long passes and zooms and using fast instant turn when absolutely sure of a killer shot...i think thats what spit really excels in.

15. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

think he ment 109 gets more alt faster so it rare u climb somplace and 109 climbing from elsewer isnt higher. and these days if u do get alt on 109 75% of pilots are smartenogh to runway till the can use there amzing cilmb zoon to get that alt avatage u can never recover as a red once u lost it. yet u can have 3k on a gold and if u miss 2 dive atempst on a good alt climber like squirl will find him at co alt soon suprior alt, and u can never recover e or alt avange again.

16. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

I love b&z'ing in a spitfire, because this must be one of the most frightening sights for a 109 jock :D

17. Pikkot

Pikkot Well-Known Member

@illo, i don't think wing was ripped by 7mm's, but what about loosing of lift? incrasing of drag? i fell that is not right if 109 with 400x7mm has better speed...even if I stop shooting and try to chase him. I think plane with that number of holes in wings and other parts should be slower...much slower then undamaged

18. cross-

cross- Member

hmmm... not disapointed, just surprised, given the tone of your posts.

Sarcasm was your description, that's why I put it in quotes. Sacastic means to say the opposite of what is meant. I think I pretty much said what I meant, but in a humourous manner. Humour is of course in the eye of the beholder. And you - I think - are a cynic, your posts have kind of that feel to them.

BTW, I re-read my post - before hitting send - and nowhere do I suggest that the blackout effects are different for spits.

What I did suggest, is this effects spits more than 109's. Because one of the spits strengths is the ability to T&B. With T & B made harder, this method of warfare is made harder. This obviously effects T&B planes to greater extent than those who use other tactics. So the strength of the spit has just been rendered less potent.

19. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

:) I'm just getting tired of having to play the devil's advocate, as I said, often enough threads erupt claiming the golds or the reds have better planes. Most of the times these threads exist because the starter hasn't flown for the other side too much. Some of us have flown for both sides extensively though, and try to convince the thread starter that what he says goes both ways. So, the tone of my postings would be best explained with tiredness.

True, cynism would've better described your posts. And I admit that I showed some cynism in my posts :)

Well, the strengths of the Spit, have always been the same, and have always been influenced by G-effects. As someone already said, blackouts are not such a deal when you're flying defensive, when you're flying offensive however... Also, bear in mind the Spit has a sensitive elevator (resulting in blackouts), you can tweak this away by modifying your stick settings I think (with the result of some other planes becoming less responsive than they should)

Ah well, it all comes down to this: fly gold some time. Saying that you fly for Elite is hardly an argument for this, as I know plenty of gold-only pilots who's flown red, either for fun or for studying the enemy, under their own nick or under an alias.

<Z>

20. cross-

cross- Member

Zembla,

I apologise if I was a bit reactionary in my posts.

I admit I am passionate about the spitfire. I was born in Hornchurch, London which is where one of the first Spitfire bases of WW2 was located, and was a HQ during the Battle of Britain.

The Spit is the main reason I fly WB, but your advice has not fallen on deaf ears. I have flown 109 and 190 in practice and just love the Ju87. Who knows maybe I will fly with Gold some time.

I also admit that you made some good points that I will keep in mind.

JUST DON'T MESS WITH MY SPIT, IT SHOULD BE THE BEST ALL AROUND FIGHTER OF WW2. ;)

BTW, I recently flew the Typhoon again, and it seems a better plane than it was. I was originally disapointed with its model, but could this plane have been improved in the recent version? I think you may see me flying it a little more often.

regards,
    Cross
    Conduct yourself with honour, and there is victory even in defeat.