The only thing I hate on FH...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by --stec, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

2. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

S! ALl!
    to rgreat, last TOD i was fling Bf 109K4, i hitted a P51D with 4 x 30mm, 1th any damage, 2th oil engine, 3th killed engine, 4th rear fuselage.
    This isn't the first time, in others TOD i killed others P51D with 30mm but only after 2/3 hits (isn't the LAG because after my 30mm hits i saw some damages)

Have Fun!

------------------
    {JG13}HpM.Odisseo.XO

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

thx biz and kari

btw, i cant load biz's link.. and wich kari are you? --kari or priest? [​IMG]

4. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

Ermmm.. well...
    Today I feel like being -kari-
    But that may change from time to time
    However, I *think* I've never been priest... ;)

------------------
    -kari-

5. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

How many soviet planes downed and how many they downed...i woudnt trust soviet resources.

They report shooting down 42 planes in month
    in finnish front 1943. There is little problem that finnish had only handful of planes. Finnish airforce would be dead after such monthly blow[​IMG] Finnish sources report 15 planes lost. Pilot names, serial numbers of lost planes.

Also so few pilots i think i know half of them by name. Finns lost total 32 pilots in 1939-1944.

6. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree I don't trust russian reports about anything related to ww2...

7. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

sorry about the link, it was working the day i sent it. but for anymore info on the brewster buffalo do a search :) oh and about the the finnish russian battles. i know russia had terrible losses against the finns, but they had at the time inferior aircraft. now had they had the yak planes migs, lag3, 5, 7. thier probably would have been a big difference. im quite sure stalin at the time was very embarassed at the poor performance. and it is noted that hitler took notice of that poor performance, and decided it was time to attack russia. thus the great patriotic war began. and again mounting losses occured, russia had to move factories to the mountains and start production of the new models of aircraft. which turned the tide in the war. i do not claim to be any kind of historian. just heard and seen this on discovery wings and the history channel here in the states.

8. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i was discussing this with illo yesterday in the arena.. it must have been terrible for soviets to fight finns.
    imagine being in a furball of 300 planes.. only some 10 are finnish! wich one to shoot at? [​IMG]

for you to have an idea, practice offline and, when in flight, hit F2 3 times [​IMG]
    btw, its fun to fight 4 cons without icons! very interesting.

9. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

Biz,

http://www.danford.net/scores.htm
    lists the victories of the Finnish Buffalos.

Just a few examples:

MiG-3, I-16, Lagg5, Lagg3, La5, Yak-1, Yak-7, Hurricane, Spitfire, Tomahawk. Not all
    BW-kills were "inferior" planes. BW entered combat in -41.

During The Winter War -39/40 Russia had older types, that is true :) Finland's "exellent" airforce faced mainly I-16s, I-15s (some bis too) and I-153s.

Our planes were Fokker XX1s (fixed landing gear! and 4x7mm guns!) and Gloster Gladiators!

IMO there is no time frame at all when you could say that Finns had signifigantly better planes than Russia. What comes to the Buffalo, read reports from eg. Pacific about her performance. Was it really a good plane at all? How big difference there must have been in the skills of her users in various parts of the world ;)

------------------
    -kari-

10. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

its a joke platy?

if not then... go to hell!

that war Russia lost about 20.000.000 of man
    you just lay dirt on them
    i really start to dislike you

you must be so proud of youself...

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat

[This message has been edited by rgreat (edited 27 August 2001).]

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

RGreat, I guess he just rerember my flame with HeartMan, where I said that 95-99% of "Allied" data about soviet airplanes at less erroneous, if not speculative.
    But that flame is closed long ago.

12. VampyreZG

VampyreZG Member

..... not to mention those thousands of german females from five !!!!!!!!!!! to 80 years old raped and murdered by the "liberating glorious" Red Army.
    No need to start a flame about the war, rgreat, i do have enough facts to prove the evilness of BOTH sides, not only the losers.....

Vampyre

------------------
    Zerstoerergeschwader ZG76 "Haifisch"
    - We have enough 30mm for all B17 Customers -

13. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

VampyreZG

i DID NOT sad anything about war crimes...

its you initiative

and i dont want to continue that...

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat

14. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Rgreat I didn't insult any Russian soldier/pilot, but you would be very "inocent" if you beleived Stalin's reports. I'm crazy about WW2 and I've read and watched alot of things about it and I know very well what the Russian's leaders did to cover up failures/casualtys. So why shouldn't they lie about victorys and the rest?

I'm sure many reports are true, but in the same way you have alot of dificulty believing Western sources, I have alot of dificulty believing Russian ones.

If you took that has and insult to the soldiers/pilots who fought in the WW2 then I'm truly sorry, but if you took that has a insult to the Russian leaders of that time... then you can be sure it was.

-exec- this isn't about plane data, it has nothing to do with it, it's the reality. Both sides lied, but for me the Russians were the ones that covered more "dirt" (and I don't mean war crimes).

PS: The whole war was a major war crime, just remember that all the sides did major bombing to civilian cities.

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

[This message has been edited by Platy (edited 27 August 2001).]

15. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Someone read too much of "Blond Knight of Reich".

What amazed me was a description of how "Blond Knight" starved in prison, getting "only" 600g of bread, 30g of butter and 50g of sugar daily. He had to tell it to the people who lived in sieged Leningrad and kept fighting.

The stories of "raped women" are also very educating, unless you'll know the measures taken by Soviet command to prevent it. And there was no Khatin' and Babiy Yar, and "holocaust" was invented by Jews after the War.

Sorry.

------------------

With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

16. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Another discussion that prooved me right [​IMG] No western knows what this war was. If you think that you do you are wrong from the start. Plz think about it before saying more on the topic.

17. bewolf

bewolf New Member

Guys....those who think a country is out of guilt in this war...escpecially a country like russia, which is reposnible for millions of deaths not related to the war, have my pity. Japan belongs to this category as well, or England with its bombing campaign. Hiding with those things behind a "but we got attacked" mentality.
    The only country that did apologize and did admit all of this is Germany.
    Kepp this in mind please.

Bewolf.

18. VampyreZG

VampyreZG Member

@Boroda:

the soviet government did nothing to prevent that. Instead, they took this guy Ilja Ehrenburg for Anti-German-Propaganda and he himself told the red army to kill every german, rape their girls and women and commit that genocide because all germans have no more right to live on this world. and this WAS official soviet propaganda.

But we are talking about FH here, NOT about war crimes BOTH sides commited at that time. I have my opinion, you have yours and starting a flame war about those crueltys would not be very good for FH - atmosphere, ok?

V.

------------------
    Zerstoerergeschwader ZG76 "Haifisch"
    - We have enough 30mm for all B17 Customers -

19. snapit

snapit Active Member

Boroda I donЄt have to read the book about Hartmann (the real one) to know these figures for food are true. I just have to ask my granduncle who was in soviet captivity until 1948.

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

I suggest you to cease flaming about suffering from that war.
    Noone is objective, so all of us underline the pain suffered, and forget pain inflicted.

Or else I will close the topic [​IMG]