A very Recent Idea...

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by rylasasin2003, Sep 9, 2004.

1. rylasasin2003

rylasasin2003 Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm not sure weither any of you still reconize me or not... but I was here during the FHL 1.51 days. I've been away, playing BF1942, namely a moddifcation called Desertcombat, which a modern-warfare modification.

to the point...
    I've had a very strange Idea for Freehost:
    A "Modification" of our own... namely, a Modern Warfare mod. Now, before you start yelling "Impossible!", I do know that FH workers have the ability to alter/delete/create new planes in the game, so It might not be as Impossible as some think.

A few things I'd like to point out/Suggest:

* Seeker missiles do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT have to be implemented... in fact, if they were, they would probably just end turning the mod into a "N00bs game"... just so long as they fly straight(AA missiles only) and fast (much faster than the ones Default WB uses)

* Yes, there are enough Aircraft(Key word) to replace all the airplanes in the normal game.

*the Mod should be a seperate project from normal Freehost... maybe there could be a way to switch between Normal FH and FH: Modern Combat (just a name Idea)

* When I pointed out that there are enough airCRAFT to replace all the planes in the Default game, I didn't just mean Jets or Prop planes... I did Mean Helicopters as well... YES PEOPLE, IT IS POSSIBLE TO TAKE ON A MIG29 IN A AH-64 AND WIN! you just need skill....

*is there a way to make OTTO fire at ground targets as well as aircraft? that might make the UH-60 far more usefull... or if you somehow allowed people to play those positions.

*You'd have to reduce the amount of AA fire on the ground to account for Helis... or just make Helis Immune to it...*

I have more stuff, but its temperarally unavailable, since the notebook it was in got left in the car... so watch this space. I'll add more when the car gets done.
    so uh... does this sound like a pretty good idea to you guys? I have models (Gmax format), and Plane/heli Specs standing by if you need them...

2. -jaya-

-jaya- Well-Known Member

sorry, bad eng. but...
    WOW :)

some developers make Pe-8 shapes about 1 year (only 1 aircraft). Calculate time :)

And... We are flying on old planes... I don't like jets very much, becose it game_to_speed_typing_.

All i sayed - IMHO

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Warbirs FE 2.73 is not designed for UFO's (like helicopter) and fast jet planes (like 262).
    The problem is the implemented connection protocol. Only source code of FE can save you :)

4. rylasasin2003

rylasasin2003 Well-Known Member

I don't really think BF1942 was designed for Helis either.... I know BFV is, but...
    if there is a way to tilt one of the engines 90 degrees, and give it Invisible elevators/Alerions, and a large, invisible rudder (plus another engine tilted and located there), it might work!

I donno... I'll have to ask ABBLEPC, who I understand was the first person to make an operational Heli-code for BF1942, how he managed to do it.