RPS 1.61

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hardy, Aug 6, 2004.

1. dankes

dankes Well-Known Member

Fly A6, it's pretty good

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

To me the a6 is a fat cat a4. The feel is decent, but not great. I flew it last night "and the 190d" seeing wich I would use as a replacement in late war, and neither made me happy. Although I did manage to stay alive.

The A4 is the 190 Ive always flown unless I wanted to get some 30mm action.....and its been quiet some time. I just dont see the harm in letting it roll till the end of the war. I mean, its just a variant, a variant that I prefer more than others.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

It was probably removed from the RPS because the LW never used the A4 in late war. 'I want it' doesnt constitute historically accurate operational dates, so I imagine the answer to your request would be 'toughski shitski' or however it's said in Russian ;)

Re the lagg, I find it to be a great turning plane and whenever I fly red, it is the one time in the RPS (albeit a short time) that a red plane rules over the most prominent gold planes of the time, the 109E and zero. Once the 109F2 comes out, the lagg is practically immediately redundant. But for a short time, it is my choice of bird if im red.

-glas-

4. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Well Ill tell you what....If a plane being built made and distributed, but then latter variants come out, that It becomes no longer used, then to make the RPS fair to your idea, would mean the i16 and i15 would have to be taken out of combat way before 1943.

Otherwise, there is no difference other than than the a3 comes out latter than all sources say other than exec, which he has yet to give me proof, other than "read more" which makes a worse case for him. But that then the a4s release is bumped up AND shortened.....see it from my POV.

5. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

i have very troubling question. we will onlly get huur1 sea fire f6f and fu from cv as fighter?? reson for worry is rps....

****NOTE***** no cv fighter in rps from dec41 untill july 42!!!!!!!!! :znaika:

6. Sturmbock

Sturmbock Well-Known Member

Golds need FW much earlier in the RPS, maybe FW-190A1 or A2. Now in 1941 december reds have airacobra, mig, yak, lagg, spit 5:s etc. Golds have only 109F-2/F4 with bullshit guns. Always must spray and pray like maniac :turret: and very often without result... try kill PE-2 or p-39 after 20mm is out of ammo...7.9 mm give good sound effect but it cant give damage.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Early FWs had an armament of 7mms, no cannons. And it was only something like 4 guns afair.

8. Sturmbock

Sturmbock Well-Known Member

LINK

"The next version, the Fw 190A-2, replaced the machine guns in the wing root with belt-fed 20mm cannon. Some A-2's added two more 20mm cannon further outboard in the wings. Oddly, these were drum-fed guns, whose ammunition was incompatible with the cannon in the wing roots.

An uprated BMW 801C-2 engine powered the A-2, which began to be delivered in the fall of 1941. "

So I think that FW 190-A2 would be nice in september 1941 in RPS.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  9. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Sturmbock
    BF109F2 in february, FW190-A2 in september 1941... yeap balancing the rps is certainly Your major concern...