Squirls error

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Turboman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

How can you underestimate the shitfires energy level? Everyone knows that its "finite" never ending....... :) But serious red pilots would never admit that they fly a bitch craft :)

Stick that in your pipe and smoke the funny parts frog...just remember to get the stem out.

2. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

buahahahahahahahahahahahahah buahahahahahahahaha buuuuhhahaahahahahahahah buhahahahahahahahahahahah buhahahahahahahahahahahahah buaaaaahahahahahahahah damn... I'm out of air due to laugh ;)

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Fly a spit, any spit. Do it for twenty flights.
    Pause.
    Then do it again.
    Pause.
    Then again.

I have found that, when I have a spit behind me, I am likely to be perforated. When I have a spit above me, co-e, I am likely to be perforated. When one is below me, co-e or less e, it is likely to get perforated.

Depending on which stage of The War it was, Axis pilots either hated and feared the spitfire or they just feared it.
    This is like a simulator simulating The Wild West in North AMerica and a bunch of players whining about why The Earp Brothers are so fucking effective, DAMN IT, TONE DONE THE FMs in those EARP BROTHERS!
    OR:
    Challenge them, tease them, nibble at them, get them to go to some TOO SMALL TO HAVE A GUNFIGHT place and waste the fuckers with pistols.
    The Earps and Doc Haliday DID lose a fight. A big one.
    They shouln';t have gone there.

Try and NOT fight a spit that has advantages. IF it does, then YOU try and gain some. OR GET OUT OF DODGE.

Merlin Engines. Eliptical Wings. A wonderful main spar in the wings. A clean design. Right up until the end, the thing was leading edge.
    The basic airframe could handle constant modification. It ended out being a BnZ brute at the end.

I have read [and I agree somewhat] that the spitfire was a happier airframe than the 109 as far as accepting modifications. At the end, the 109 was a rocket made to climb, shoot and get away. WAY high wing loading, especially at late war.

This is a game

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That doesn't change the fact that the Spit IX climbs a bit better on FH than it should.

5. Turboman

Turboman Active Member

Thank you glas ;'{). Didi you watch it?? See where he went wrong as i did it almost right. He had chance to shoot me but he tried to climb away instead and i got him.

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Not yet, but I will soon :)

7. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

i dont know. im doing raf only this tod and in spit 5c( first model is c and 2nd v right?) when tring to turn fight 109f i found myslef lossing e faster then 109F I folloed, or that folloed me threw same manuvers.
    I also found that spit liked to float/hover/ or what ever u want to call its lazy control responcess in any e draining manuver, and wouldnt exel for shit. loop... hover at top. wing over.... hover and lazily finally enter dive. many other usssaly quick efective moves..hover slight pause, :there she goes finally to bad window of opertuity is now gone. This was true for spit 1 spit 2 and spit 5c, only when i got spit 5v did that wierd hover with no e syndrom seem to go away, and spit fire start to fell like plane i remember and found borening when compared to hurri or p47 p51 p40 mig...
    think ive flown as many spits this tod as i have up to this point. Imop the best 3 spits, in that they can do what ever manuver, or fight style u want, well but dont necicerly ace out in any area, are spit 5v, sea fire,and spit ixlf.
    spit 14 feels like a p51. and spit 9 is faster then spit 5 but turns worse at a ratio that imop the extra speed is not worth it. and spits 1 and 2 vers new super 109E is a fucking joke. Just my impresion tho, of spit as beginer and spits now that ive done a full tod mostly in them, with ocasinal mossi typh tiff.

8. -ada--

-ada-- FH Beta Tester

You are wrong, spit9 is one of the best turners now with 18.5sec, it's sustained turn speed is quite low too (don't remember exact number, anyway you can always find it in changes.htm files in FHL).
    About lazy control response: things have changed dramatically in 1.6x.
    Effective "combat speeds" increased greatly (my beloved stall-speed fighting almost disappeared from MA), so u should get used to maintain higher speed during flight.

9. gryphon

lol that was one of my older impresions. glad to here it changed. i flew spit 5v and then typhon untill spit ix lf came out assuming i stil wouldnt like spit ix. Dont think i touched a spit 9 the hole tod.

The sea fire was my absalute favrit of the tree tho until release of spit ix lf.

ill have to reinvest some time in normal spit 9 now.

10. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

I don't give 2 fuck saobuoriu this fuck nig threatg.

But, I did drink 2 40s' of fucknig nOldge English tonight and i am drunkkkkkkkk!

WHOOOOO MALT LIQOUR

11. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

The Japanese never feared the Spitfire, and yes, the Japanese did in fact fight against Spitfires in the Pacific and SE Asia. The Japanese could outclass the Spitfire in the way they fought which included the ability to out turn the Spit in any mass-produced plane they flew (A6M, Ki-43, Ki-61, Ki-84).

Low aspect ratio wings, thin airfoil, cannon bulges on wings, a not-so-aerodynamic nose construction and a large chassis. It was not leading edge.

If you watch the track, you can see that I clearly had a large energy advantage, but the Spit was able to climb after my Ki-61 and continue to fly even at only ~10 mph. Again, watch the track, but more importantly, look at the airspeed indicator. The only reason turbo shot me down was because he was able to do an intense high-g turn and still have enough speed to overtake my Ki-61.

Well, I would not think that someone should complain if they can actually fly at 10 mph in the first place.

You cannot fight my facts because an argument occurs only after the fact of information. How can you argue against me if you are unable to address my stand on the issue?

12. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Squirl, your fixation with Jap planes doesn't justify the insanity of others, ok?

Saying that a plane can fly at 10mph (I think ducks fly faster than that) and actually give you trouble, is absurd at best. I have overshot much worse planes than the Spitfire and some managed to ping me - yours was a wing-off shot, what's the problem?

The other time I had a Yak destroy my engine, elevator and rudder with a single 20mm. We had good laughs with the guy and he actually apologised to me! Should I go bananas calling him a cheat, or a dweeb?

Get a grip...

13. biles

biles Well-Known Member

[deleted: argh]

In a word:
    CATP

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  14. biles

biles Well-Known Member

[deleted]

15. Turboman

Turboman Active Member

LOL what track did you watch??? Hi g turn?? i was in a slight climb and hit wep when you started last dive. 10 MPH??? Try more like 200 LOL insanity is not hereditary in your family i see YUO HAVE IT ALL MUHAHAHHAHHA. Sorry kinda lost it there. Really squirl watch the track as if you were trying to learn something OK. PLEASE ??? My god man i am not attacking you < As you did me in arena > i am responding to your un called for accusations that i am ARROGANT.

16. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Cropped due to file size constraints.

17. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Ummm... In the corresponding part of the track (the 10mph one), he's just spraying, hitting nothing, running out of speed and stalling madly - I don't get your point squirl - really!

18. gryphon

u ever go to an airshow squirl? when the aral acrobatics are done any good plane with a good rudder does this nice little crowd pleazer move. smoke on strait up till they are huvering at probly 10mph or less stay ther for a second or two fall kick rudder. rottat around ther strong moter and come strait back down in there smoke trail. Any thing going stait up will eventually hit 0mph then fall back down really. if somthing got upward momentum should it fall downward at 100mph?? And i"ve done that move many timeson planes that climb better. u cant climb with them so u sacrifice all air speed to close range fast and get in snape shot. if u miss u kick rudder drop nose and roll to avoid there hammer head. if u hit well u just bagged a faster plane that outclimbs u and thought himself invisable. big wtg. Btw that was my favit move in hurri 2. i killed alot of smug 109s and zeros (who thought i couldn't go vertical with them) when stalled out at the top of a zoom climb after there smug climb out or in zeke case there no body can folow me loop.

19. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

Funny, have a look at where the blue arrow points, and tell me what would be the attitude of the aircraft. oh yeah, and them little grey star like things on the right side of cockpit, isnt that the gun smoke? shouldnt it be going backwards from the wing, not forward?

Attached Files:

20. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

For starters let's refer to what I originally stated...
    Then...
    [​IMG]
    As is very clear, attempting to climb after an enemy when your plane is at only 10 mph, and then having the wit to try to fire at that plane is very naive.

Now do you understand why Turbo is an arrogant pilot?

Turbo got away with this arrogant flying because he was flying the one plane which appeals to those who fly like that - the Spitfire.