The war that is not to be won...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -schu-, Aug 2, 2000.

1. -schu-

-schu- New Member

Hi there honorable pilots!

I donЄt know what happend but the history in the Arena goes strage ways.
    1. We got no more gunstat, ok you may say its more realistic, ok that is true, but why does a heavy weaponed 190 need more hits to get a Spit down then vice versa?? Where the screen-shots made by the LW-Pilots faked?:)) Was it only taken out in order to "ignore" the statements made by LW? By taking it out its not possible to recognize what killed you, but you may hear and see the hits you make and you get and there is a hell of difference.

2. The topic was already dikussed earlyer, the bombers of the LW are not that good. So it is said that this was the way of history. Good, then answer me pls why do the Allies have the V1??? Strage isnЄt it?

3. It might be to early for this point, August 44, but i canЄt find the 262 on any field. Was the plane taken out of the RPS? In the last one i did not find it too. WHY??

4. Did anybody see that the LW has mostly 1-4 fields and is dammed to start and get killed?

These questions make me think about the intention of the game, that at the moment seems to be quake, killing killing killing, with unequal weapons (for one side only). The balence is lost and IЄm forced to belive that it is supposed to be like that.

I do sincerly recognize the good work that is made by the programmers of this FH, still WTG, but its not fun anymore at this point!

Respectfully
    schu

2. OSSI

OSSI Member

Yes-Yes its correct what Schu say,this what i think too and all of the LW-Pilots.
    You lets the Golds fly a B-17 Reds never Win no more,we have all Days a reset [​IMG]
    Aug 44 and no FW 190D-9 and no Me262 Why?

Druschba

OSSI

3. -neon-

-neon- Well-Known Member

Hello. I fly mostly for reds. And i fly P38/Yak3/9/Spit. Once i got 2x20 from 190 lost elevator and got fuel tank hit. God saved me, i was near my field and landed. But sometimes i got 15-20x20 from different planes and havnt any damage. I shot down planes by 2x20, another time i shot down by 20x20 and 50x0.50 same plane. Its depend where you aiming and most important where you hit.

Also i flew 109F. Shot down 3xJu52 and 1 Spit9. And my cannon still at 38%. 1 more think, i am suck fighter pilot. Most experienced pilots can tell you much more about gunnery.

------------------
    See you in sky
    мл. лейтенант 228 ShAD VVS RKKA

[This message has been edited by -neon- (edited 03 August 2000).]

4. anitax

anitax Member

Hi all:
    I am not agree with the disparity between axis and allied guns. I have flown for a long time with fw190 and me109, now i am flying american irons like p40, corsairs and munstangs, what do i feel?:

There is no proportion betwenn the sound of hits hear and the ammount of hits, 10 hits sound like one hit, 1 hit sound like a hit, there is no proportional relation, when you hear a ping, this is an impact, not a hit, the burst can have more or less bullets, remember this.

It is very important the area of the plane where you hit, the distance and the velocity:

You can spray all plane with hits, what gets damage is a solid burst in one area(tail, rootwing...)in one ocassion i have hit 576
    bullets in a j88 wiht a corsair(6x0.50) at d3-d2 and the damage was stab lost, 1 engine out, fuel leak and some gunners dead,

if you shoot from d4 to a fleeing plane, you will do no damage, if you hit a plane in a Head On the damage is big because the speed of the bullet.

German mg151 makes damage, 190s need only a short burst of 1 second to ruin your day, I recomend to all the people that are unsatisfied with the mg151 power that try for a run a p51 or something only with guns, you will find how dificult is to shot down a plane, and how durable is the 190, with the 6x0.50 you need a 2-5 seconds burst to get the kill(my score is 50 kills, 80 assist when before was inverted, more kills than assist)

As conclusion in my opinion the gunnery is right, i have talked with red people and they feel that german ammo is too strong, and they only can get assist, everybody claims that his guns are poor!!!! perhaps we need give more attention to our % of hits, convergence settings and study how they affect to damage, in my experience i notice that about 50-150 12.7 hits are need to shot down a fighter, as you can see there are cases when you need thre times the ammount of bullets, because you shot from far, spray all the plane ....

Just my opinion, anitax

For all 190 flyers, try a fly in a corsair and observe the diference between a fw190 wiht 4x20mm and the ugly corsair with 6x0.50", after this, tell me your opinion.