Spiders

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Kutya, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Harpoon

Harpoon Well-Known Member

You wanna see spiders? One day I had a huntsman on my wall that was bigger than my hand. This thing so was fucking big when it got stepped on there was so much guts I almost slipped over and the bastard thing was still alive. We've got some big fucker spiders over here.

1 person likes this.
  2. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

I fucking hate spiders. My dad got bitten by one of those bastards (a wolf-spider or "lycosia" species) and he developed a healthy bout of necrosis in his right hand. Imagine seeing a HOLE filled with pus and decaying flesh in someone's hand. Fucking gross!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really made me hungry, though.

Another time I felt something crawl on my face in the middle of the night. I grabbed it and felt it twitch and squirm. Needless to say I flung it to the far end of the room and heard it impact there, "SPLAT!". Next day I found out it was a big fucking spider....

3. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

then you haven t watched spiderman...mmm? :D

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

if i ever find spider-man over my face i'd splash him too...

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Where I live, we got these little guys called 'Black Widows.'
    If they bite ya, ya go to the hospital and tell em, 'I got bit by a fuckin' black widow!' And the nurse just makes a little tick mark on a piece of paper and in a minute a priest comes to visit ya and then ya die.

BTW, what kind of spider 'stung' you? I didn't know there were any that would do that over in Europe, except that one that lives in spain.....

Most folks who are 'bit by spiders' really just been bit by a bed-bug or a flea and got a reaction to it.

6. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Broz, you know just as well as I that you'd try to fuck him.

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

For sure, but right after splashing him

8. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

i watched in discovery channel, fuck!! how can you live without to worry about that? finding spiders in your socks, black widows and of that kind!! :turret:

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i guess they develop natural immunity

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Black widows live in old, rotting wood. SO, ya gotta be careful when yer diggin fer some firewood out at the wood pile. And they are timid, they run away. Ya gotta be a real fast worker to tip over some wood and stick your hand right into a black widows face so he can bite ya. Many people just wear a pair of work gloves and toss the firewood around. A black widow MAY be able to kill ya dead, but HE DON'T KNOW IT.
    Same as you and I, either of us could kill an elephant, EASILY, but when one is about to roll over you after chargin outta a bush, all you got time to do is dodge the bastard and run as fast as you can to the nearest concrete bunker. Ya can shoot the fucker later. Well, black widow spider wieghs about 1/8 of a gram. And I wiegh 70 Kg. Which means I am 560,000 time the little spider's mass. All he can think when I come rushin' in, like above elephant is 'Iyeeeeee, I am outta here!!!!!'

I heard that in AUstralia there is one kinda spider that hides in breweries and is responsible for the deaths of thousands of ozimales every year.
    And in Iran there is the Persian Turban Spider, who, of course, lives in the rags those guys put on their heads. And it is no fuckin' wonder Shi'ites is an angry bunch of motherfuckers.

11. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Jeezus kriced! The ideal woman!!!!!!!!
    Does it have a volume knob so it doesn't gossip or talk endlessly about knitting and that fuckin' soap opera on tv?
    Does it have an 'intelligence setting' so I can count on it to put the garbage OUT and let the cat IN?
    What do ya gotta do to make the mouth part open up? Most of 'that type' of woman I have dated have a 'welcoming pout.'
    Is it washable?

Does it stay all folded up like that? Or can I straighten it out a bit so when I bring it to the night club, it looks a bit more 'life-like?'

Does it have a pouch I can put ballast into? Last time I met one and took it on a date, we went to the beach. It was a windy day and it went tumblin down the beach at 40 kph. Fuck. Costed me a hundred and fifty bucks for it and I didn't get to use the mouth part, NOT ONCE!!!!!

How much $ ????

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

How to justify anything, lesson 1

13. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Hey. I was jokin' I DO understand that Shi'ites are peaceful and loving, forgiving and accomodating. All they want is to be left alone, and with the nuclear arms program going on over there in Persia, they may get their way, AFTER Israel nukes their.....

NO NO! OH, THE HORROR!!!
    Thank fuckin' god I live in Canada. Here, we fight FOREST FIRES.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Indeed

15. biles

biles Well-Known Member

I never did understand what exaclty 'indeed' meant.
    I mean, when I am in a wild saloon and some big ugly stinking breathed man is shouting at me all about niggers and jews and frenchmen, women, college pukes and presidents, The Church, faggots and chinks....
    I utter, 'indeed' just so I can see, in slow motion, his reaction.
    [and i have a sock with two dollars worth of pennies in my pocket too... :p ]

16. Kutya

Kutya Banned

[​IMG]

"Cruciferous spider"

I got a kinda allergic reaction.

17. biles

biles Well-Known Member

What the fuck were ya doin SLEEPIN' with it???
    It's not a dog, no matter HOW OFTEN people say, 'They make good pets!'

18. Kutya

Kutya Banned

I don't know, these beasts are very common here. Maybe they smelled my semen puddles I used to squish all over the place.

19. biles

biles Well-Known Member

You keep Seamen in your room? You SQUISH them? Or do they arrive soaking wet?
    Try Air Force guys, they usually don't arrive all soaking wet and too, they have more money than Seamen.

20. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Black Widow, Biles? That can't be..... I'm an amateur herpetologist and you can't keep reptiles without learning a thing or two about Arachnidae as well.....

Black Widow (Latrodectus Mactans) -
    A small (2 cm max) spider belonging to the family Theridiidae. This particular species is only found in the United States. It can easily be distinguished from othe Latrodectus species by it's color and markings. The L. Mactans is black with a hourglass-shaped red dot on it's abdomen, while the L. Hasselti (from Australia) has a red stripe rather than an "hourglass".

All Latrodectus-species are web-spinning spiders, which means they nothing but sit around in their webs all day, every day. Only the females of these species can pose a threat to humans, since the males are a heck of a lot smaller (5 mm max) and cannot puncture our skins. "Black Widows" are often mixed up with other, larger, hairy, tropical spiders from the Theraposidae family like the T. Leblondi, Avicularia spp. and of course the famous "Tarantula", Brachypelma Smithi (which is officially named "Mexican Red-Knee spider" I believe). These, however, are completely different animals that do not weave webs but actually hunt (or ambush) their prey. The funny thing is, however menacing these larger spiders may look - the Black Widow looks positively benign in comparison - they are far less dangerous than the Black Widow!

Toxicity: the Latrodectus Spp. all produce a very potent neurotoxin, in contrast to most other Arachnidae (most spiders have hemotoxins). This makes the black widow one of the most dangerous spiders on earth. But rest assured, "most dangerous" is very much a relative statement. Only 5% of all incidents in which a person is bitten by a Black Widow are lethal, most of which cases also involve other factor (poor health, extremly young or old patients, etc). In 95% of the cases the victim survives without any damage at all. I'd rather be bitten by one of these than (for instance) a American brown recluse or Autralian Atrax-spider. You WILL survive a bite of one of these, but you will be in pain for YEARS and carry permanent scars due to necrosis (want pictures? go to google images and type in "brown recluse bite").

So, Biles... Your statement was a bit over the top I'm afraid! The spider you're talking about cannot have been a L. Mactans, since these do not live in rotting wood. I think you're referring to a Lycosia-species or something like it. Nasty buggers, but not lethal.