New He-111 3d-model proposal

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spindl, Nov 25, 2004.

1. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Whirlwind would own the early war - like a 110c-4 (Mk101 armed BF110 was 110c-6 IIRC, BTW) but 20km/h faster & much more manuverable & much more heavily armed.

2. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Whilst I'd love to have the Lancaster in FH from a historical point of view it must be admitted that it has such a huge bomb capacity that it could probably close every field on the small med map in one sortie.

As to the night flying quote, that was a tactical decision by the British bomber command who figured out that the casualty rate of flying daytime missions was to high. The US Bomber command just didn't care about casualties.

Mal

P.S. B17: 6,000lb bombload. Avro Lancaster average load 14,000lbs upto 22,000lbs

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  3. RolandGarros

Only the specially modified Lanc could carry the 1 x 10000 kg load (& even then only if it didnt have it's full range of defensive arms & crew aboard). A B-17 off the factory assembly line was ready to carry a 9500kg bomb load. Neither plane could carry it's maximum fuel & bomb load concurrently, but as the B-17s in Europe were flying to greater heights & in formations, they needed to take more petrol.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

RedBull: if you mean Tupolev/Arphangelsky, it's SB, not SB-2.

Banzai, find what does 'imho' mean and bug out of me.

5. alec

alec Well-Known Member

First criteria to include new plane should be its historical/gameplay niche, second - number built.
    Reds lack the kind of CV power axis has (thanks to japan aircrafts).
    So some british CV planes should be introduced.

And you want to introduce fiat biplane just because you are jealous at Chaika... Chaika is slowest plane here, but it is THE best WW2 biplane, so it provides some competition (some - heh. heh. heh.)
    Ki27 is a joke and you want another one?

PS
    btw Polikarpov Po-2 (U-2) was built in sheer numbers and would fit in very well here. It carried 350kg of bombs regularly and 500 kg in overload. And yes it was a nightbomber.

And rocket lethality on ground targets should be decreased. Rockets were at first anti-aircraft weapons. I admit I had a kill in air once with rocket. Was against me410 headon. Fired all six rockets. Ground hitting shold be in comparable aplication. Fire your rocket load and maybe you close a building.

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Alec: 2x20mm hits anywhere on a Chaika should bring it down, if you really want to argue the point.

Ive seen it take 8-10 with no apparent damage.

CV power is only on the Axis side for half the war, not counting buffs. For fighters, the F4F can handle itself against the (undermodelled) zeke, and once the better US Navy planes are introduced, with their excellent ordnance, the Gold CV fleet is obsolete as an attacking jabo force. A single plane from a red CV in 1944 can close a small field. The best Gold buff available from a CV, the G4M, cant even do that (10x50...6x50 for acks/dar/fuel...1x50 for radios...can 3x50 close an undamaged hangar? dont think so).

But I do think that over the piece, I feel safer in a Gold plane than I do in a Red one. Perhaps its just me...

7. bhoover

bhoover Guest

SUPER WORK!!!!!!

Should you have the interest may I suggest the Caproni tri motors? and the Caproni float plane!

I would like to see the P-61 "Black Widow" and PBY Catalina. Should FH ever do night flying scenarios perhaps the night fighter/flight versions of the Bf110, the Do117, P38, Mosquito and 262?

Thank you!

8. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

catalina would be neat but then we would need raffels and other sea planes. but really the hve no usfulness imop. and to do them right were would they roll from ports?

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Finns flew Hawk 75 to the end of war (august 1944) and also saw lot of use in pacific theathre. + Being IMO the most important allied plane in frech campaign.

10. spindl

spindl Active Member

Exec, I am working on reducing He111 poly count. So far so good. I'm still working on it. Here's a pic on progress. http://www.geocities.com/hugostv/warbirds/he111upd.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/hugostv/warbirds/he111upd2.jpg
    I have been able to compare my model with Hurricane warbids extracted model, which helped a lot. Expect more work to be done on weekends. Thanks for your time.

11. RolandGarros

fabric is not hard enough for explosive shells to work on it. They just make a hole like an AP shell. FAA fabric biplanes benefitted from this in attacking the Bismark (i doubt FH DM is that detailed, though, but it is getting there)

is the G4M bomb load changed? it was 12 x 50, plenty for a small field, even barely enough for one with static P-40s...it seems 3 x 50kg can close a hangar if dropped from a high enough altitude, or some other method of getting a high impact velocity

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sorry, it is 12x50. Certainly not enough for a small field, but it could close a grass field.

But, as I said, reds have fighters that can close grass fields from CVs. So I hardly think Golds have the advantage there.

About the Chaika and 20mms. 2x20mm hits in a fabric wing would blow holes large enough to make the plane dangerous to fly. In WB, it's nothing to the Chaika.

It's comparably tiny, ultra-maneuvrable and can take more hits than most planes in the Arena. Not bad for a bi-plane.

13. alec

alec Well-Known Member

I believe you misunderstood me.
    I saw a comparison of WW2 biplanes, Chaika beats them by a great margin. Meaning that if new biplane is introduced it has to be sucky. And we don't want sucky planes here :)
    My "heh. heh. heh." part was in relation to overmodeled chaika, currently it definitely gives competition. Not in my power to change that and honestly I don't want it to be changed much... (flying reds, never chaika)
    From my experience it lost its wings and tails way too easy, don't know how it is now with OverG/Over V messages.

Best red early war bomber has 4x500lbs, which is rather useless bombload against fields. Until F6F/F4U comes (an option I don't like to have but like to use).
    Rockets damage radius should be decreased. Rocket weighed 41kg, not all is explosive. Currently it has power of 50kg bomb+sniper ability. P47D 3x500+10xrox can close a small field with statics and have plenty left for reclose. I did that, and I really suck at using rox.
    And other thing is fighter fighting ability when carrying any load. Currently difference between fighter and fighter with rox is very small. In reality a fighter with hvy load was kinda sitting duck - slow maneuver and acceleration. Plus even if you drop the load, the rails for rox and bombs, attached on wings, cause drag big enough to decrease its abilities. Using fighter as bomber must give it agility of a bomber. :znaika:

But then again all this talk has nothing to do with introducing new planes, so I leave in shame and thinking dark thoughts :)

14. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

The moral of the story is that the ki27 sucks, It cant dive to any speed to catch any plane in level flight, its 2x7mm armament requires very long dogfights where you can stay glued to most often a runners or stick sitirrs 6, and then a 3x20mm count will have your wing off.......climb rate doesnt make up for an overall useless plane............manoover kills are more likely than anything.

15. -datel

-datel Well-Known Member

good luck :rolleyes: :zzz:

16. strafe

strafe Guest

17. strafe

strafe Guest

18. gryphon

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  19. gryphon

opps lol how it get in here and not in balence thred?

20. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Beats me.