Squirls error

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Turboman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Now you're being an asshole. IF you'd look anothers threads beyond your own little quarrel, you'd noticed that Glas might have something else to think about than you and your opinions.

But I guess consideration isn't your best quality...

airfax :@drunk:

ps. IMO only arrogant move turboman did was when he was saying "skip it" to you, before he shot you down. That would've pissed me off too...

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Squirl, forgive me but I really don't follow your line of thinking. How can you say you didn't make a mistake when you blatantly overshot and allowed turbo to get a nice snapshot at you?? In my opinion that was a mistake alright (although one that I frequently make myself). I have already stated that I agree with you that Spitfires are a little too good on FH, but in this particular instance it would not have made a difference even if turbo had been in a P-47. You gave him an opportunity to take a snapshot at you and he damn well took it. Tough titty.

3. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

No, Airfax, I was pointing out a double standard.

If I am wrong about this provide proof that I am wrong.

When you do provide proof, however, I will say it is irrelevant...

Red Ant, I overshot Turbo - by a large margin of speed. It was tactically naive for Turbo to think that he could get passed by me at that speed, jerk his plane to dodge in the first place and jerk his plane back on to my direction and have the speed to get within gun range of me. Apparently he thought he would gain speed in his jerky turns.

In the end it did not matter, there was nothing wrong with what I did, but the energy retention of the Spitfire is more than amazing, and the reach of its 20mm is out of this world.

Those combined to turn my almost perfect maneuver into a blunder.

4. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

and from thread: Re: Battle of Britain Scenario - Eagle Day! - 2nd Frame Sun. Nov 28, 17GMT
    yes, squirl, you are being an asshole.
    I honestly don't care what you think is relevant or not.
    You're presenting yourself as arrogant, ignorant and overwhelmingly selfish bastard. That's relevant.
    airfax :@drunk:

@glas : sorry for bringing this up, but his actions are sooo insensible...

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

So, Squirl, after all you still don't get it.

This is a game, even more, it's a free game.

You did make a mistake. If a fly flies into the lamp it's not arrogance, it's a fucking mistake.

And most of all:

WHO GIVES A FUCK?

<Z>

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ airfax: NP mate, and thanks.

7. Turboman

Turboman Active Member

Sorry to hear that glas ;'(. My condolences to you nad his/ your family.

squirl do you know what a lag roll is?? There was nothing jerky about my turns.All i can do when being B an Z ed is try to avoid and hope for a shot at con. It may have sounded arrogant telling you to go away .... But i can ussually avoid that tactic all day < unless con gets lucky shot or i get bored and HO them >. That is why i tell B an Z cons to go away. It gets old in a hurry i ahve had cons do that 6 or 7 times then run away. Have had cons get me too. The best tactic for me is a Lag roll, not always well excecuted. In your case i did a near perfect roll and got snapshot off on you. I seen your shadow and knew you didnt turn to me so waited for you to zoom up past me. You can clearly see that in the track , if you cared to look clearly. If that is ARROGANT too bad , i find it smart flying.

8. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I don't think I will ever be able to find a better example of irony anywhere else.

Statement: yes, squirl, you are being an asshole.
    Irony#1 (see above): I honestly don't care what you think is relevant or not.
    Irony#2 (see above): You're presenting yourself as arrogant, ignorant and overwhelmingly selfish bastard.

Do not make this thread personal airfax (and yes, it is you who is trying to make it personal).

Situation 1: Two identical planes at full throttle pass each other head on. Plane A continues on in level flight. Plane B turns and pursues Plane A. Plane B will never catch Plane A. No matter how Plane B changes direction, it will lose energy, and in doing so loses energy relative to Plane A.

Situation 2: Two identical planes at full throttle are flying in the same direction at the same altitude and at the same speed, one behind the other. Plane B (the plane in front) turns to evade Plane A. Plane A proceeds onward in level flight. Plane B will never catch Plane A because no matter how Plane B changes direction, it will lose energy, and in doing so loses energy relative to Plane A.

Turbo, you were Plane B in Situation 2. You were already at an inferior energy state when you evaded, and the act of evading worsened your energy state. Thus, when you then proceeded to attempt a maneuver that requires at least an equal energy state to your enemy to succeed, you were being naive.

The only way Turbo could have succeeded was if he was flying a superior FH plane, and he in fact was.

Airfax, I am not willing to argue with anybody, but I will debate against almost anyone.

Your posts (your arguments) have shown that you cannot distinguish between an argument and a debate. Many others cannot distinguish between a reason and an excuse.

He who speaks first does not deserve the last word. Turbo's side has always spoken first and I have responded in turn. Yet Turbo's side always wants the last word too...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  9. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

:) yea squirl but if u dont know bye now that u can passs con ho af full max lvl speed and have him turn d2 close 6. or climb from compressed 3k dive in a better climing plane and have roller cimb right on your 6 shooting, u havent payed enogh attention to the anommally know as free host.

10. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

WORST THREAD EVER

END THIS FUCKING THREAD