New proxy adress.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Boroda, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

proxy.bat:
    --
    wbfree.exe 212.30.151.90 212.30.151.90
    --

hosts:
    --
    212.30.151.90 wb.chph.ras.ru
    --

Old proxy is working too. Test which one has the better connection.

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

2. popoff

popoff Active Member

Some interesting facts found with Visualroute from UK.

212.30.151.90 seems to be being blocked by Cable and wireless and uunet in the USA.

212.1.224.39 via Planet and Telianet is OK.

212.30.177.178 seems to be being blocked by Cable and wireless and uunet in the USA.

This has been happening often recently. Have IEN approached UUNET and cable???????

popoff

3. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Christiansted, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands
    Funny you say this, because the original proxy worked fine for me until very recently. I was first in line and advocated the use of this new proxy, which was fantastic for the first couple days. It reminded me of the first time I used the original proxy. All of a sudden, two days later it just as suddenly when to hell and I can't log on using either. [​IMG]

4. popoff

popoff Active Member

Last night 195.208.34.5 gave best result. I could even log on using the proxy.

Right now ALL ip addresses are being routed 'direct' (ie no trip to USA) and all are 135ms. Seems the disease is confined to UUnet/pipex USA.

popoff

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Both proxies don`t work for me.

But their pings are the same as the direct! And I`m having the same quolity link without proxy as before with!

6. -Yogik

-Yogik Well-Known Member

Here we go, there is a programm that pings all three hosts and shows you the best one, then patches WB and creates the hosts file. But!!! Since this programm was written on MS Visual Basic it's king of a big (1.3MB) and on some computers it's not gonna work, on others will ( .lib problems). BTW I'm almost positive that if you have Office 2000/97 installed it's gonna work for you.
    Download it from ftp://209.46.83.170 file name fhhelperbeta.exe and put in the same folder with wbfree.exe.
    C++ version of this utility which is not going to be so dependent of computer software configuration is being prepeared and will be released in a week or two. We will do our best ( as usuall [​IMG] ). I repeat, on some computers it doesn't work, so if you see message "....dll is missing" or something just wait for new version.

[This message has been edited by -Yogik (edited 06 September 2000).]

7. popoff

popoff Active Member

Pinging is useful BUT the latest connection problems have been independent of ping times!

Errors have been about trying other routers when you click on the arena, so the program may not work.

:-(

popoff

8. popoff

popoff Active Member

212.30.151.90 Ping 139 Loss 0% gives Netrouter failed - trying namerouter error.

212.1.224.39 Ping 153 Loss 0% same error

195.208.34.5 Ping 465 Loss 82%

If you paste the best IP into the program box it does not update the HOSTS file btw.

popoff

9. -Yogik

-Yogik Well-Known Member

Ok, you don't need to copy - paste the ip in tne box, just let the programm decide who is the best and it will upgrade the hosts file according to it's decision and will patch the wb ( don't forget to put it in the same folder with wbfree.exe file), copy paste doesn't work right now, it's a beta, sorry

10. -Yogik

-Yogik Well-Known Member

You right there is a problem with second proxy, will solve shortly. Sorry for inconvenience.

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

ok...but how do i change my connection to proxy? and how do i know im not connecting using proxy? sorry for being kinda lame!

------------------
    peace, -nicae-

12. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

it's ok we forgive you nic ;)

13. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

LOL!
    you couldnt dig deeper, huh biz?! :D

we needed to use .bat files to use proxies in that time.. no WBHelper.exe yet :D