Flying with mouse

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Cierzo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Kutya

Kutya Banned

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Elena, your avatars are so... cruel :(

3. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Hey stec, what were u doing on this pic that Kutya posted?

Check those balls hanging buhahahah

4. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

Like this one better? :D

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

What were you looking at out there? ;)

6. -Kharn-

-Kharn- Well-Known Member

їSeguro? :shuffle:

7. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

More people than may think fly with mouse. Some of us think that actually you get better control with mouse than with a joystick (at least with anything cheaper than a Cougar, vs a Cougar I don't know because I haven't tried it). I am talking roll & pitch obviously.

With mouse you get more precission but, on the other hand you may lose track of where the "virtual stick" is. In WB there is a trick you can use in software render mode. Bring up the kneepad <F4> the move the mouse pointer to that area. It becomes visible. Now you can press <Esc> to exit the kneepad and the pointer remains there. Maybe you could do the same trick with the radio area, I don't remember well. Anyway, this "hidden feature" is very useful for me, I don't know if I could do without it. In the 15 days I spent in Aces High time ago I really didn't need it because the planes were very responsive, I never felt disoriented, but WB "laggy controls" are another story.

Keep practicing, people who say it is impossible is people that have tried it and returned in fustration to their "old trusty joystick".

greetings

8. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Mouse cursor dissapears only at first flight (quiting game resets it). Next sorties are normal. To bring it visible it's needed to do as bazura wrote, F4 then ESC, sometimes right mouse button click before. Of course after long play with mouse, it's possible to play 3D with cursor off.

Mouse flying is very good for EF, beacuse it gives much precise control of plane, so needed to save energy.

9. -evol-

-evol- Member

I'm flying with the Touchpad on my laptop since I started playing on-line here a few weeks back. I can hit people when I'm Hmacking easily enough, but when I'm in the air I have to rely on good fortune to get a kill - for example getting on the tail of someone who's flying and not checking their six, then getting to within 3 distance and letting rip with everything I've got :)

Hopefully I'll be getting into Dublin tomorrow and picking up a Saitek Cyborg Evo... and hopefully I'll be a hell of a let better as a result.

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Saitek Evo???:
    There is a funny bunch of mechanizms on that stick, the worst of which is the little plastic cone at the root of the joystick. It will wear out.
    Solution?
    Pour vegetabvle oil into the little space there.
    Joke

11. -evol-

-evol- Member

*later that day evol wound up buying vegetable oil for a certain faulty computer peripheral*