23,000 dead...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -afi--, Dec 27, 2004.

1. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

:rose:

@ afi: you really do not recognize the meaning of "ridiculous", do you?

i spent some days at patong beach/phuket 15 years ago...incredible.

all my fellowship to the victims - instead of spending my money into fireworks, i will give it to south-asia......

hopefull new year

2. sierra

sierra Well-Known Member

everyone should. Or at least a little! Every Euro, Dollar, Ruble, Yen, Peseta or which kind of currency you use counts. (yes I made a donation allready ;) ).

3. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

English is my native language. It has different connotations with each "dialect" of it. Where I live, it can be taken in the context of horrific or awful. Please don't bring stupid trivial shit into a thread like this, k?

4. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

100,000 dead already......

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I was workin a 12 hr shift. The guy who was to relieve me didn't show. I wanted to kill him. I worked a 22.5 hr shift.
    Turns out he has a brother and an uncle missing in Madras.
    They are fishermen and may have got swamped while ashore. His dad is alright, was part of the crew also. I got this second-hand, word of mouth. I hope his family is okay. I hope it is just fucked up communications along that coast. he hasn't been to work, I fear the worst for his family.
    Damn damn damn.

6. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Well, at least our CEO is okay.... He managed to escape Phuket and went for the hills.

I would trade his ass for the 100,000 people that DIDN'T make it in an instant, though.....

7. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

damn :( 123.000 ppl died there :( :rose:

today i've heard some story about swiss mother who was fighting with water flow to save her 2 sons , she had to let go one of her boys to save the other. She chose the elder one . After few hours the elder son was found alive. Can u imagine the tradegy of that woman... damn

8. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

She must be glad both lived.....

9. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Here is some insight below that might interest some of you who don't want to believe what the media says and stuff your heads full of lies...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42170
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42151

from haarp.net

I don't recommend this site's other strange stuff but, this is the only place to find hot info:

......The military has had about twenty years to work on weather warfare methods, which it euphemistically calls weather modification. For example, rainmaking technology was taken for a few test rides in Vietnam. The U.S. Department of Defense sampled lightning and hurricane manipulation studies in Project Skyfire and Project Stormfury. And they looked at some complicated technologies that would give big effects. Angels Don't Play This HAARP cites an expert who says the military studied both lasers and chemicals which they figured could damage the ozone layer over an enemy. Looking at ways to cause earthquakes, as well as to detect them, was part of the project named Prime Argus, decades ago. The money for that came from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA, now under the acronym ARPA.) In 1994 the Air Force revealed its Spacecast 2020 master plan which includes weather control. Scientists have experimented with weather control since the 1940's.

...MacDonald made a revealing comment: "The key to geophysical warfare is the identification of environmental instabilities to which the addition of a small amount of energy would release vastly greater amounts of energy. " World-recognized scientist MacDonald had a number of ideas for using the environment as a weapon system and he contributed to what was, at the time, the dream of a futurist. When he wrote his chapter, "How To Wreck The Environment," for the book Unless Peace Comes, he was not kidding around. In it he describes the use of weather manipulation, climate modification, polar ice cap melting or destabilization, ozone depletion techniques, earthquake engineering, ocean wave control and brain wave manipulation using the planet's energy fields.

...more of the rest of the article will be here: [I]http://www.haarp.net/#lenews[/I]
    Again, there is a lot of really weird stuff on this site so just read the article.

...HAARP produces earthquakes by focusing on the fault lines. GWEN Towers are on the fault lines and volcanic areas of the Pacific Northeast.
    quoted from this site: http://www.haarp.net/magneticeffect.htm

This all looks insanely crazy....but one day we'll all know.

10. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Just heard alot of people were wiped out due to walking INTO the ocean after the water receaded............I feel bad for them, but isnt it common knoledge that water receading in the ocean means something is coming in?

11. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Re: 117,000 dead...

What some people at work told me, was that those who ran out to the exposed beach were after fish and other sea-creatures. These people were apparently did not live along the shores and know the danger signs of the water receding. Those living in the mountains and tourists/vacationers just did not know. It's like people who go to look at lava flows not realizing that the crust they are walking over is VERY hot and sometimes gives way. It's too bad.

12. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Re: 117,000 dead...

Wonder if they will keep counting the lives lost. I don't know if there is a tragedy like this that has taken so many lives at one time.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  13. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Can a naturall desaster be ranked with heroshima?

14. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Of course, but not with Chernobil.

15. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Re: 117,000 dead...and counting.

I think that unusual circumstances where life is lost with no way to prevent it is ranked. It's a tragedy. A tragedy such as abortions of children are a tragedy beyond comprehension....just plain murder performed on the innocent and helpless every day....THAT is the worst tragedy bestowed upon mankind.

1 person likes this.
  16. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Many of the people swamped were poorly educated and just plain didn't know what rapidly receding tidewater could mean. I could see myself thinking, "Hey, look at that! Maybe I go down there and check it out!" in the same way that I could see myself touching something very hot to see if it is hot or not. A 'doh' thing turning into 'the last thing biles ever did...'
    As far as natural disaster 'ranking' wasn't there a horrible flood in china back when? Was it the Yaloo river???

[we got 180 guys in my company, the boss asked if each of us would like to donate a day's pay to the Red Cross. As far as I know, everyone, ALL OF US have - also, most of the guys in my company are FROM India, so this is hitting them pretty close to home.

We are ONE family.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  17. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Sure we are, but Daddy's got a helluva libido, ehh?

18. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

1887 Huang He River Flood, China - Estimated 900,000 deaths

August 1931 Huang He River Flood, China - Estimated 3.7 million deaths

January 24 1556 Shaanxi Earthquake, China - Estimated 830,000 deaths

People can look at statistics all they want, but the bottom line is that all disasters are terrible. Whether it is the 1931 flood or the current situation in South Asia, they are all tragic events.

19. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

...And what about the 1918 influenza outbreak that killed more than 20 million people?

Or the smallpox outbreak in North America c. 1500?

20. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Or AIDS?