To the Developpers....

Discussion in 'Bombers' started by flihnt, Jan 23, 2005.

1. flihnt

flihnt Well-Known Member

Hi,

i`ve a question: is it possible to implement the Lancaster in WB-FH??????

That would be a great thing on Server!!! And (that golds not cry :D ) the ME 163....(but put in a posibility of 50% that the 163 explodes on RNWAY while start... :D )

regards
    Flihnt

2. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

это какой то особенный вид мазохзизма имхо, просить самолет, и тут же просить цацку, чтоб побыстрей его на бомбере сбить %)

3. sonar-

sonar- Well-Known Member

Neg, Me163 -- 1x7mm hit - fuel explosion with PK =)

4. flihnt

flihnt Well-Known Member

okokok that me 163 thing was a joke...

but imho i miss the Lancaster here on FH, it was an very important Plane in WW2.... and for gold side the Arado Ar240 /Ar 440 or the Do-17??!!!

regards
    Flihnt

PS: mart in english pls! sry!

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Lanc is night buff, WB is daylight game

6. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Exec,

>Lanc is night buff, WB is daylight game

The Lancaster actually flew daylight missions too, including bombing the sea walls near Antwerps in 1944 or 1945.

The bomber by itself was not specialized in night bombing, only the crew training was. Perhaps the defensive armament was somewhat specialized, but (without checking) I believe the first Lancasters had full all-around defense and only later the belly guns were removed because they were useless at night anyway.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

7. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

Did I ever mentioned that the adding of the B6N would be a nice idea ? ;)

8. HanD_ZeD

HanD_ZeD Well-Known Member

lol yes ;)

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

of course.
    but bottom turret was removed because of mostly night profile.
    so what do you suggest?
    1.lancaster mk. i classic
    2.lancaster mk. i early series before removing bottom turret from operative usage

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  10. flihnt

flihnt Well-Known Member

-exec- you flew in the last scenario?????

In SA the "Night-Mode" was implemented (i hope it comes in the MA too, but only my hope!), so we have in fortune nightmissions in sceanrios....so why not implement Lancaster?!?!

regards
    Flihnt

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

sonar's says:

"given lightwave heinkell 111h has many concave polygons" (whatever it means. i'm not 3d-designer to know what it is) "that are impossible to convert to warbirds".

i say:
    "datel made 3dstudiomax models instead of lightwave. it will take many more time to convert it to warbirds. lancaster is amongst them".

i also say:
    "it seems to me that priorities are: beaufighter (just in favour of green/sonar victory), b6n2a/12a, do 217e-3, d4y2a/12a, ki-45 kai-otsu".

besides, i say:
    "reds does not suffer heavy buff deficit, no matter lanc is sexy".

and finally i say:
    "i don't ask to use punctuation correctly. just learn to use punctuation politely. i mean don't use "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", "?????????????", and "?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"" please, if you still want to talk to me".

12. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Exec,

>so what do you suggest?

If a Lancaster is added, it should have the bottom turret.

However, I don't see the Lancaster as a priority.

The bomber that should have priority is the Ju 88S. It gives Gold an entirely new capability and can be done easily. Just paint the Ju 88A-4 grey, and you'll have a "good enough" 3D model.

The fast bomber capability is a bigger leap forward than any other bomber that might be added to FH. The Do 217M might have some of the same appeal, but actually the Do 217 is more of a heavy bomber that is redundant to the He 177.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

13. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

we need the he111-h2. A good defended buff used widely by germany "so is good canidate to add" and had 15mm mg's for defence, sometimes even a mgff in the nose. On top of it all, it carried 8x250kg bombs as its standard loadout......you cant hit that with a stick for the amount it would help golds.

14. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

What about adding a b-29 for the last year of war??or a gloster meteor? :D

15. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

What about a Me262? :p It would be good to have this plane in the game (instead of ON the game)!

16. Eddiev

Eddiev Well-Known Member

Hum...
    Gold side need heavy bombers... how about He-111 or Do-17?

17. gunitz

gunitz Well-Known Member

i in acord to add heavy bombers to gold, because they not have one of this tipe of bombers, and, what is the priority list to new planes in wb, i wanna see it :D

18. flihnt

flihnt Well-Known Member

cc new hvy Bombers for Gold, no problem...

...but imho in first times of RPS the golds have a advantage with there bomb carrying planes....in the first time the golds have the ju88 and bf110, with the early spitfires, hurricanes and f4f its very hard to reach them, bf110 runs all of them out (i saw it in flight last days!) and if you close in to this planes, with that 7mm guns you cant make much dmg to this, before there Ottos get u down...

...another thing i saw (i wasnt flying long time) was, that the early A6M is now a plane, that a) turns better then spit (ok, thats ok!!) b) runs out the spitfire I;II and V and the f4f!!! imho the f4f must have a chance to outrun a A6M, that was the tactic of the USAF pilots in pacifik "dont turnfight against Zecke, run them out!", but in game i had a situation (2 times!!!) the A6M came from low 12, turned climbed up and closed in to my lvl fying f4f!!!!! thats not very funny to have absolutly no chance! what can u do when u cant outrun this plane?? start to turn??? LOL, only thing is to hope on more luck or jump.....

regards
    Flihnt

19. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

A6M did climb better though. US tactics included having always E advantage, wasn't just a matter of running away... A6Ms are slim machines. F4Fs are barrels with wings.

20. flihnt

flihnt Well-Known Member

thx for info`s fuhrer. sry for my reply. i must say "yes u r right" i checked the informations in net and the A6M was faster than F4F! But it wasnt faster than Spit V!

regards
    Flihnt