A cool new feature from PACIFIC FIGHTERS that could up the "Fear Factor" for WARBIRDS

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ironmn, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ironmn

ironmn Active Member

A cool new feature from PACIFIC FIGHTERS that could up the "Fear Factor" for WARBIRDS

Hello Boyz 'n' Girlz! A new feature from the IL2 series that's getting rave talks and yells is the new DeathKick=1 feature. Die once..and your booted from the server for 5 min. There is talk that a 30min. ban will be in place by next week. This is the WARCLOUDS server that i'm talking about. This has COMPLETELY changed the way everybody (almost) has been flying. People fly mostly up and down there own lines, hardly venturing off further into enemy space! And the ones that do go past their own lines..do so at high alts. with more wingmen! Just like in real life! Its completely revitalized the game. So much more fun now. Some great battles have been raging with people fighting desperately for their lives. I think this system is great, and should be implemented into FREEHOST! Now, nobody goes aimlessly into enemy airfields for vulching with AAA firing on them. No more fighting on ...even though the situation is hopeless...people disengage when damaged and try to make it home. What do you guyz think about this? I personally think 30 to a 45 min. ban would be better than the current 5 min. ban, but as i mentioned earlier..admins are thinking about going to a 30min. ban.

1 person likes this.
  2. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Re: A cool new feature from PACIFIC FIGHTERS that could up the "Fear Factor" for WARBIRDS

Game is supposed to be FUN.

10 minutes, TOPS.

3. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Re: A cool new feature from PACIFIC FIGHTERS that could up the "Fear Factor" for WARBIRDS

Before we even do that shouldnt we assighn everyone one plane for the whole RPS so they cant choose what they fly, and then make you sit in the hangar x' amount of hours while the imaginary ground crew fix your plane? WOULDNT THAT BE A KICK IN THE PANTS!? WHOO! THAT FUN YOU EURO-PEOPLE HAVE IS UNCANNY!.

4. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

damnit ironman, why you have to be from america? now you make me look stupid :)

5. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

This is a good idea on paper, but I think the last thing the FH needs to encourage is the practice of switching nicks or flying only the most uber planes. Maybe this would work in a 1.42 FH world; not in 1.63.

6. ironmn

ironmn Active Member

This seems to be working great in the IL2 servers and games. And People fly just about anything...from 109G2s to late model K4s. Doesn't seem to encourage anybody to be flying anything uber in particular. And to be braggin' , I'm so far still alive with 11 kills to my credit for 0 deaths.*keeps fingers crossed*. Visit www.war-clouds.com click WF STATS.

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

it depends on the modus of playing.
    afair maddox arenas are of low-multiplayer-player class and finite (LANgame with inet capability), and it's easy to keep the game style in hands.

fh is positionned completely other way. games in this position are wb, ah, ww2online, etc.
    it's infinite mass multiplayer game (MMP), including several game styles for different tastes.
    ours include:
    1) mavericks: unload bombs then furball untill death
    2) strafers: mud-moving and survival
    3) lone hunt or furballing and survival
    4) team strafers: mud-moving and survival
    5) team hunt or team furballing and survival

trying to kick players of type 1, you will injure at least 4 and 5 types.

for example, tabahost will be positioned for players of 4 and 5 types.

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

You make it very good yourself ;)

9. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Well, as far as I know IL2 is already an entirely different setup when compared to WB. I'm not familiar with IL2 online (I am with it offline though), but I can imagine that they don't have an arena system similar to the one of AH or WB?

With WB you can take off from a field a loooong way from your target, and then set course the way you see best suited. The idea is not only to shoot down enemy planes, but rather, to bomb enemy airfields, and successively capture those. I'm not sure if a 5 minutes take-off penalty would do much when compared to WB time.

Also, I think there are plenty of motivations to stay alive in WB.

<Z>

10. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Re: A cool new feature from PACIFIC FIGHTERS that could up the "Fear Factor" for WARB

Ironmn, what name do you use in IL2? Been on there a fair amount recently and no sign of u.

Mal

11. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Re: A cool new feature from PACIFIC FIGHTERS that could up the "Fear Factor" for WARB

CC Zem, lots of low alt furballing with Ki84's A6M's I16's I153 and Spits, and then some prat comes along in the La7 (which is seriously UBER) and spoils it.

Not much call for any tactical play.

Mal

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Are you talking about FH or IL2 Mal? :p

<Z>

13. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Ok i come on and play for say 1 hour a day ... So what your saying is if i get vaulched on the runway i can't play at all for that day? And this will be good for those of us who play in our lunch break how? Why not fix the planes and bugs that we already have?

Oh and i can hear it now you will have to fly to survive (where is the fun in that)...Well i chose to play this game diffrently ... I don't try to get killed but i stay till the battle is over one way or another...

14. ironmn

ironmn Active Member

malino, in the WARCLOUDS servers ( or any other server ) i'm Ironman or ..if i connect thru the HYPERLOBBY client..i'm Ironman69. What is your online name for IL2?

15. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Malin or Malino

I go in through the hyperlobby but I've only got IL2, IL2FB + Aces expansion.

I may get the Pacific fighters one though,

Mal

16. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Bad idea...should have been put down at birth!

17. ironmn

ironmn Active Member

wow..i can't believe the amount of PUSSY pilots on this game! LOL j/k :)

18. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

i would like fly there, but i need AEP and PF :/

19. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

One life TOD is already done, right?

20. Tolexin

Tolexin Member

I don't like the temp ban stuff... i have no much time to play WB, i'm week-end player mostly and trvel from field to field is enough time used in game, add that kick-of-server and U get even more time wasted. I think that mb same-team collissions would be better or a bit of darkness (5:30 am to 6:30 or 7:00 pm) time on server, would be realistic enough for Players looking for some reality.
    Btw my ISP disconnect me every 3 exact hours, so i would have to spend more phone calls to play only a few sorties if this 'kick' was implemented.
    Sorry, i don't agree ;)