II International AFVS meeting in Europe (IMPORTANT)

Discussion in 'Squadrons' started by achtun, Feb 9, 2005.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

So, how do you feel about me coming around in saturday 20.III or friday night and going for the Highlands for a day or two?
    Or you think it would become too long leave from your family when you add to it the week in Amsterdam?

2. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Damn, I dont have time to read it all right now, but dates are great for me. Me and Dani will be getting out of Lyon le thursday or le friday morning, depending on how we are going will be there during friday, but we must get back by monday. Maybe, there's a possibility, I'll (alone) arrive one day earlier or return and day later, but that's is something yet to see.
    By the end of the week I'll see if I have the tickets in hand.
    Cyall

3. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

Cool then so the plan is:

24th thursday meeting in amsterdam-rotterdam, and leaving 29th or 30th
    it's 5-6 nights of hotel/hostel (better hostel) :D

i'll try to make as follows: get there on 23th night /24th morning and come back on 29th (so wensday i can go to class)

it's time enough! ;)

4. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

Hi there!

hotel's stuff: for those interested (i hope at least one because it's much cheaper the room for 2!)

i'f found ina great website a couple of 1star and 2 stars (even 1 3 starred) hotels.it's www.bookings.nl this one:

Hotel Baan
    Rochussenstraat 345, 3023 DH Rotterdam
    2** the double room is worth from 24th to 29th 300 euros (150 each) it is:30 euros per night, just what i expected to pay, even a little more could be affordable
    the bad thing is that it's pretty far from the train station but its close to the metro. Basman will tell us something about it :D

another one:
    Euro Hotel Centrum
    Baan 14-19, 3011 CB Rotterdam (Mostrar el mapa)
    345 euros , it's 69 euros night, so each one pays 35 euros, 3*** starred, and i think it's worth the difference

and there another one cheaper, but at south rotterdam's (i think that we are getting far) :

Hotel Benelux
    Beijerlandselaan 47a, 3074 EB Rotterdam
    1* 325 the room with shower (is there a hotel room without it??)

OK that's probably for paul, if he can afford it! if not, we'll find another solution ;)

CU SOON!!!!!!!!!

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Gro, your suggestions are perfect, Friday night would be best. There will be no problem in going away for the Saturday/Sunday up north.

However....

I can only stay in Holland til the Sunday if we go on the Wednesday, money is tighter than a gnat's chuff at the moment. Even that will be a monumental struggle, but im determined im going :)

Besides, I have my works Amex card if the worst comes to the worst.

I can book the flights if you wish, but I will have to wait til Thursday before I can do it. I doubt the price will go up before then.

Lemme know what you think.

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

ok, I booked my Nott-Edi ticket for friday 18.III, arriving at 20:25

Travelling in Sunday is the same both to Edinburgh and Livpul. How much would cost the petrol to Livpul and back? If it is near 20£, you should fly from Edi. I can take a train to Livpul the same day, which the University will cover (although I have to check that :)).
    Uni woldnt cover petrol expenses though :)

so what are the sepcific dates of arrive/leave:
    ach: wed - tues
    glas & gro: wed - sun
    fla & dani: thur - sun ?
    bas & isa: none :)
    zem & boyfriend: fri-sat ?
    mal: none :(

Hey, dont you think we are tooo few?!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Hmmm it wouldnt just cost me petrol, but also parking. In total, I would have around £50 in expenses driving to L'pool.

I would still rather take the car over, but ferry prices are unreal. How do they manage to compete with the Chunnel and flying??

Btw if we are going to fly out and back from different airports, you could stay on longer...

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

then - you fly from Edi, i from Livp, sorted.

10. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

I'll try to get Pufje- and Dutchi to join us as well.

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

lol zem & boyfriend! xD

12. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

in a boat? uhm..... i've been before sleeping in boats and it's not very confortable, but the 4 person room idea is perfect for me! let's see if we can find something around this price, actually i haven't search ay hostel, and i'm sure we can find cheap ones with 4 ppl rooms

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  13. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

i saw illo on ICQ last night and tried to convince him to come. but he seems very lazy :)

i dont like the smell near rivers and harbours either but the boat is in tranquil water.

the other cheap choice is at StayOKHostel
    http://www.reservations.bookhostels...17/PHPSESSID.iks1111wglt3wfqh6fh1awh3abaa6dyb

20 euro but 8 people in the room, so there will be other people with us and it will be very basic. im fine with it though

14. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

AT LEAST 1 OF US IS COMING FOR SURE

happened u before in this forum that u take 20 mins to writte down a message and it dissapears? argh! let's repeat it then (ctrl+e crtl+c all the time tho)

anyyyyyyyyyyyyyway! i've got it! yeah! the plane ticket! finally i found another one with Iberia by 97 euros. sounds nice huh? it's not!! plus 15*2 eruos of taxes + 15 to the internet agency it's finally 142 but well, not to talk about the petrol price increment....

i remember someone told us that the petrol prices were going lo lower with the iraq war.. ejemm ejemm cof cof OK forget this subject :D

i think it's worth, and i didn't found anything cheaper

So my planning (or scheuddle) whatever:
    ARRIVAL
    I'll be there a little earlier than others, on 23th, in the morming, and i'll keep the day in amsterdam till basman is out of work so i head rotterdam and spend there the night to welcome the ones coming in 24th

DEPARTURE
    I've got the ticket to leave on 29th afternoon, but tomorrow i'll try to change it to 28th, anyway, if i can't make the change or it's cost too much, it's gonna be 6+1 days for me, sightly more than the last time, but this time i'm not working so i can stay there for more... this time i come short of money tho (we're gonna eat tons of home made sandwichs!! yeah!!!)

anddddddd about the hotel/hostel/boat/under-a-truck stuff let's see til this monday and find out how many of us are gonna stay in hotel if we are 4 much better, but we'll manage being 2 or 3

Anyway i'll need it to be really cheap as well, something like 30 euros night (150 euros in accomodation would be perfect) so if anyone agrees in that price let's see what can we find

and that's that! i'm veeeeeeeeeeeery happy right now! but will be more when i read that u've got ur tickets too :)

c´mon! do it! do it! do it! :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  15. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

so finally mal is not coming?

damn :(

16. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

OK there was a problem so i coldn't change the flight (too easy tp be true)

so i come back on 29th :D

WHERE ARE U GUYS??

basman: if anyone else goes there have no doubt:

i'm no canceling this! ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Hey, ach I can stay until Tuesday morning to make company to you, if you want me! :)
    I havent booked my tickets yet.

18. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

sure!! great for me then :)

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Still not booked my tickets either yet, i'll get round to it soon. Last time I checked, the price had went up by £10 :rolleyes:

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

rrr, thats shit! i am not able to buy my tickets because bmibaby does not support solo/maestro card and thats the only one I was allowed to have in England! easyjet was ok but not bmibaby. :(

what about the hotel/hostel? Did you decide?