What is it good for?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by benzin, Feb 28, 2005.

?

What do you think about it?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2005.
  1. Always 100% are great.

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. I dont like 100%.

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. benzin

benzin Member

Since a few months is the 100% Fuel-rule active. I know nobody, which is happy on this. Please, tell me if you like or dislike this .... thing. Imho are the effects only negative.
    1. Some guys make a bomberstreak and never touch a bomber again for this ToD. Result: No effect for the rule, but a lower count of buff-pilots.
    2. Defending a field is harder. Okay. You are stupid to start from a field, which is attacked by fighters. But You need more time to climb an higher alt to intercept some buffs. Not real. I dont fill max up if I want to make a short fly.
    3. Fuel is a useless target. Such as ammo or hut.
    4. Itґs easyer for a good pilot to save his streak, because the bad pilot has an more heavy plane. Nature protection for the stars?
    5.Some planes with 100% and a lot of bombs are difficult to handle. In real life I can it fix with a less of fuel. Why not on FH?

So I wish the old fuelrestricion back. God Pilots can fly a longer time. Itґs more real if a good Pilot gets the more and better material. If HE wantґs it.

And btw. Ho-hun had have the idea to set the rdr alt to max 6000m. Itґs more real then the grey dotґs. Grey dot ignore they visual observation on military objects (ack-/rdrsites, troops in field and so on). But grey dots are helping the buffers a little. Better then a unlimmited rdr.

2. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

I did not like it at first, but I am happy with it now.

Guys that build a buff streak then fly only fighters....gaming the game, but what ever changes are made, someone somewhere will be at it. Gaming the game is a personal choice, I don't do it, but no changes will stop it.

With radar ranges interception at altitude is possible, needs close work within the squad to really work though. Taking off from a field under attack is crazy anyway, if your squad is patrolling in defense, fly from another field. if the field is lost before you get there, you were too late anyway...the attackers deserve the capture. Taking off with 25% fuel to defend is (for me) not an improvement.

It's easier for a good pilot to save his streak whatever his fuel....I know, I am a bad pilot.

I think timescales within the game are better for this change. This game IS about taking enemy fields, not defending...lower fuel is a defenders advantage only. This game also comes into it's own when flying co-ordinated raids, this rule does not hinder that. It does hinder "I've only got 10 mins and want kills" gaming...but I think there are better suited games for that purpose.

I hope admins leave it as is.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i really don't care about. When i have streak i usually get 100% anyway, and fly from far field. If i don't have streak, i don't care about being killed and i furball, and that's funny. So i don't care if due to fuel i get killed. It's ok for me as it is

4. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Same here, I dont mind it at all. If I have a streak, I will take 100% anyway. And the 'no fuel-rule' only helps people taking off en-masse at a field with 10% and fuckin up the hard work and effort someone has put in to making a raid.

5. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

You can ignore the 100% fuel rule easily:

1st:

Take tanks and kill friendly tanks. You get fighter streak.

2nd:

Make a streak 6 with buffs and then never start again a bomber.
    The buff streak 6 allows you to take as much % fuel in fighter as you want.

So - its no problem to fly with lower than 100% fuel.

6. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

War!

babek- I dont think that system works anymore. I THINK that if you die as fighter with a buff streak than you must get a kill or add another point to your streak before you can use it as fighter streak again.

7. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Streak 6 at buffs gives pilot an unlimited choice of fuel until end of ToD or death in buff. Making streak at buffs increases efficiency of fighters, it's much easier to fight (I dunno is it my performance degrade or just gold planes but my stats had gone down drastically - I haven't buff streak this ToD :)) at a cost of fun with buffs and Ju/Li support at criticall moments.

8. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

Allsop - streak in buff gives you fighter fuel choice.

Just make a buff streak 6.

Then take a fighter - 25% fuel and die.
    Then take the next fighter 25% fuel.
    Then the next...
    and the next...
    Until the ToD ends.

9. kaiten

kaiten Member

Just what benzin said. Make a buff-streak and the rule is out of order. Who needs it really then?

10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Put juice choise back and make destroying fuel effect available fuel amount.

11. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

The 100% fuel has negative effects especially on the A6M-series, which have a very low fuel consumption and also a large fuel tank.
    And these planes loose with 100%fuel their main advantage: The higher maneuverability - compared to other fighters.

So IMHO especially for the A6M the 100% fuel rule is nonsense.

But as mentioned before: Just make a 6 streak with a bomber, then never touch buffs again and fly A6Mґs with as much fuel as you want for the rest of the ToD.

12. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

i wanted to post a similar thread about his matter.maybe ill do it later sometime.
    i think that 100% fuel restrict just restricts gameplay.
    it also helps good pilots remain good.
    i dont play many hours during each tod (i think less than 10) and i cant make enouh kills in that time to get rid of the 100% restrict. its also annoying to get killed all the time because your plane is slow and it doesnt turn.i dont think im a good pilot but the fuel restrict makes me worse.i stopped flying agile aircraft because with the 100% restrict loose their agility.

well... shouldnt a defender have the right to defend this airfield?
    i believe someone should defend it by all means.
    and besides the attackers have the advantage of height and speed and can kill the defenders on the airfield during take off.
    in my opinion fuel restrict should be removed.

btw what IMHO means?

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

In My Humble Oppinion

14. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

thanks ;)

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

YW (You're Welcome ;) )

16. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

dojt realy mind any more im use to it, but still miss fuel as a strtegic target. now its just another dummy target.

Imho it would increase stratigic raids if, boming fuel afected fuel avalibility
    if bombning static plane increases flight restric time on that field or limited number od arplanes avalible.

if hiting ammo acculy afected acks defensive capabliitys. or restricted pilot ammo from said fields.

warhouse efected econmy or maby bonb load outs? and excetra so it would be more to your denifit to hit these dummy trget other then to just hit them cause u have to to cap a field.

another nice adition would be to add a jeep garage to a field. if jeep garadge is up unlimited jeeps if it nocked out say 1 jeep restict on small 2 for mid and 3 for large.
    probly hard to implement but would be neat. and id say make tuffness and time down simuler to a hanger.

also oh please oh plase give option of the quade 4 12mm jeep or the 25mm jep avalible to players. Is that possible? .hmack .hmack4 or such?? Not everyone like the 20 mm jeep. i had much better aim with the quade 4.

17. benzin

benzin Member

Cool Idea. I remember, that it was once upon a time ;-) there was no communication available from a field with damaged Radio. It would help attackers, if only flying planes can cry for helpon a field. So I dream of a field without worthless targets. I guess, it would be nice if every target has an effect for the enemy....
    The various jeeps would be also nice. I hitted much better too in 12,7mm quad. But I can live with the new 25mm ;-) Someone had the idea for a rps for jeeps. Hmm why not, but it needs new bots for Jeep, is that possible? I don´t know.