P47 DM

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Allsop, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I know the entire DM is a little skrewy right now- but Ive been flying red and the DM on the p47 is horrible.

One of the tuffest planes of the war is now killed very easily. So far I have experienced 4x20mm "lost wing". 2x20mm "lost whole tail" 14x12mm "lost wing".

The list goes on and on.....Just wanted to know if admins are thinking about or infact ARE changine the DM.

2. Z-Wolf

Z-Wolf Active Member

allsop, I think that they are changing dm, so ... patience ... ;)

3. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

We can only pray.

4. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure allsop about that claim, I flewlast night under a different nick as a gold and i pummelled a p-47 from d3 with a ki-84 he doveand hit the deck and returned to base, i had put over 14 20mm in him and 50 bullets. damage model varies as i suppose it would have in real life too. it is hard to say though. i do know that i have lost a spits wing with 1 20mm numerous times this T.O.D. even had some one tell me it was because it hit my Spits ammo and caused an explosion. i suppose this could happen, but i don't see it happening to 109's and 190's and even the supposedly paper planes zero/zekes. come on now either don't let it happen or make both sides feel it. just my two cents/ruebles :)

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Zekes are often pk'ed with 1x7mm or just blow up with 1xanything....only recently with new DM has this changed.

It was explained to me by a member of WBFH that the new DM is a "chain" style DM.
    AKA- 12mm has the capability to do more damamge than 20mm or 30mm purely because the bullet will never stop. If you shot someone in the tail with a 12mm- it will continue to hit ever modled object in the plane all the way up to the engine. So the faster the bullet- the more damage- which also explains why hispano and shvak is such a crazy cannon now.

6. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

So speed might explain why in one case I lost wing after being hitted 1x7mm from Li2 and other occasion survived from 11x20+some12,7's. Both times flied Ki84. If that's the case, then I have no probs with DM, since it's quite reasonable that faster bullet makes more damage...

airfax :@drunk:

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

about ammo explosion i killed a 190 with 3x12 the other day because its wing ammo exploded. I guess it's just a matter of luck...

8. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

so why dont planes such as the typhoon and the f4u loose their wings easily when they have MUCH more ammo in the wings than say a fw190 or spitfire.