New Guinne Map?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Mar 17, 2005.

?

Should New Guinne Map

Poll closed Apr 6, 2005.
  1. Be removed and a regularly used map be used?

38.5%
  2. Have many c'v groups and small island bases added for quicker action?

38.5%
  3. Be removed and a brand new more user friendly map used?

23.1%
  1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

New Guinne map still in the rotation? why?? seems rather a waste really, especailly early war. Fuel runs out fast, can't find a fight, or by the time you get there it has moved or the cons logged off so here is a suggestion.

1.Can we get rid of this map and move to the one of the regular maps?

2.Can the New Guinne map be exchanged for a totally new map with close and medium and far targets?

3.Can many cv's be added to New Guinne and perhaps a few small island bases in between?

Myself and many others on both sides really can't stand this map. I wanted to pop on earlier today for a quick sorties before i had to go to work, but just didn't even bother clicking fly in the arena, I just didn't have time to search for a con . I wouldn't mind this map if most liked it and wanted to keep it, but most say it should go and I agree. If someone likes it they are not speaking up in the arena, or just are not flying period. So can we change it to a more suitable map??? thanks for listening.

bullet

2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I voted for a regular one to be used, but I am all for a brand newmap to be used if it has close, medium and far targets on it as well as cv's too. <S>

bull

3. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Like at many servers, FH server uses, IMHO, rotate map file (like at Counter Strike ;)).
    Even fuel rule is set to default (take as many You want), then changed by admins to only one proper and saint - 100% for all.

It could be so easy to delete that map from rotate file. Then we could get AWT3 map right after Large Mediterranean.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  4. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Oh no, why I lack any joystick(poor logitech leaves me), I love NG map, and I'm vote for adding some CVs, but IMO it is good even without CVs. It's really beautiful and looks quite realistic. I'm waiting for a long time when it wil be possible p38 or corsair raid over Rabaul. But it would be nice decrease fuel quantity, NG is quite big.

It prefers organize groups and some strategy.

Here is a lot of non field targets like in ETO(or what map is it?).

are there submarines, or only convoys?

STHPAC is the same beautiful map like NG, I love this kinds of map more than some strange AWT map.

I'm voting for NG map.

5. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

that map would be good if we have more than 50 pilots anytime. Now, with 10vs10 it's just furbal between 2 nearest fields... suxxx

6. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

I do like NG as well, (sry bud :) ) due tactical oportunities, instead the omnipresent search-for-a-con-to-down... (I also like it as well) but, if I recall there is a NG2 map that has CVs instead convoys... MB that could be used... also there is a "South Pacific" map with close, medium and far fields with also CVs and armed (AAA and anti ship guns) submarines wich could be a nice adiction to experience... if some number of players wants to try, I may ask franz to set these terrain at Th to test
    My 2 kopeckes :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  7. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

srry, last TOD in evening 50-70 playerґs, even NG is switch on less than 35 playerґs, reason NG map, srry that map sux, small no buffґs, from med to small fly in buff over 1 hour, that sux, pls switch other map, regards mosche :cool:

8. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

i'd like to fly online southpacific.

9. --vipe

--vipe Well-Known Member

add more CVs, about 10 :)

10. hilmar

hilmar Well-Known Member

Well, maybe CVs would be interesting, but I like this map!

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

lol what a poll
    wheres "i like new guinea map"?

12. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Replace New Guinea for South Pacific (that map rocks :)) is good idea.

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

south pacific is the most boring map

14. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

not agree spuint, there's a main line for hard fights and side fields for team raids.

15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

NG map is one of the best IMHO

but I lack 2 poll options to vote:
    4) add some cvs instead of convoys and do not add any more fields in non-historical places
    5) bizerk is a woodpecker

I have not yet decided which one I would like to cast my vote for... :shuffle:

1 person likes this.
  16. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

AFAIK
    it is likely...
    :director: IMPOSSIBLE TO ADD NEW FIELDS (AS CVs) AT ANY WB TERRAIN!
    but I could be wrong as usual... :)

17. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

r u serious?
    whats so special in near fields, low furball unspoiled by any uncommon moves possible only over the mountainous terrain which can be used in fights, disengaging or surprising enemy? or great distances from friendly acks that u can always hide in?

for me its just an unlimited space (only limit is sea from downunder) with spawn points (fields) close to each other enough to reach fight in every second without any thinking about enemy moves

team raids?
    well sure, but inspite of these its so easy to cap fields by urself, without eny help
    ive done this many times and im not an exception

new guinea at least determine some thinkin and REAL cooperation
    every radio report is very important
    so far i had 3 sorties and every one of them was more exciting than ~100 of total sorties in previous TOD

i had engagement of about 10 cons in raid at 6km just by myself on the fuel reserve
    menaged to down one, damagce 3 others and glide home safely
    i had a loneloy buff attack over enemy territory and had to try hard to rtb as i got fuel leak from gunners
    i had a 4-6km fight in spittie agains 2 of well cooperating 109s and i didnt stand a chance and spin saved my ass which effected in loosing alt and disengaging as my ego wouldt let me do that :) and then had low fight against couple cons, 1 buff and landing on fuel reserve again

i dont know, but its more fun to me even if i dont kill so many cons like it happens on crowded furball arenas.. roll kill rtb/die.. roll kill rtb/die
    that is boring
    new guinea offers so much more fun and variety of situations with such a small arena and few fields...

and talkin about teamplay?
    try to cap f11-12-13 without good cooperation lol

18. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

yes i'm serious, did u test it online yet?
    me no.i'd like to as every map not use in FH.
    turning on 3 or 4 maps, this is boring.

19. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

i don't need many maps.. one GOOD would be enought. big medditerrean (last ToD) is almost good, just few more strategic targets and bit lower Alps :D

20. benzin

benzin Member

Well, I like the map more as the new European one. But it&acute;s really big. So you can act alone in a far area. I saw this week an lonely Pilot getting a field A little bit later he get&acute;s the second and with a some hlep the 3rd. All enemys where defending an other field this time. and only in NG-Map are tanks really usefull. There are short way&acute;s between some fields. Some Cv in NG-Map would be a good choice, so it would be the bigger variant of the water-arena.