--owen's Warbirds Sounds/Gunsights

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by --owen, Apr 2, 2005.

1. --owen

--owen Member

In front of the monitor with a nice view of Warbir
    Hey everyone <S>

I've made some new sounds for Warbirds. I took sounds from MSCFS1-3 and other weblinks intended for MSCFS3. There are not that many Axis sounds yet, but I'll make some soon enough. I had to modify the sounds for Warbirds a little bit. Go here --owen's site

Also I have made a new thing to replace with your wind file:) Instead of hearing wind, you will hear......Radio Chatter! BUT, This file is 2.5 mb, and it's only intended for Bombers, sence bombers are slower. Otherwise, if you put this file into a fighter, u will have a chipmunk on your radio. I took the radio chatter from CFS1. Also, it is American's speaking on the radio. Right now, I'm working on British and German voices. But the Germans dont speak German:/ they just have an accent.

Also on the website, you'll find some gunsights that I have made for High Resolution, only a few for Low Resoulition.

Have fun

<S> ~TRS~ --owen :cheers:

EDIT : It seems geocities.com has a downloading limit. I wasn't aware of this. So If you get a message saying something like "Server has reached allocated data transfer limit" I thnk it means it has had too many downloads in a certain period of time. Sorry for this.

I will look for a better webhost.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
    3 people like this.
  2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

nice to see a creative person.
    thanks.
    mind if i take a sound or two into my personal sounds minipack?

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

I just have the wife chatting away to:

a. the kids

b. her friends on the phone

c. to me (although this is usually along the lines of get off there and sort out the kids)

:(

Mal

4. torsti

torsti Well-Known Member

nice work oven, the bomberradio reminds me to warbirds 3 - theres a nice feature: when u recieve a sixcall u hear in radio "check your six" - maybe this is implementable in wb2 too? (q to devs :))

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Very nice work owen, i'll certainly check out some of your stuff later.

6. bulldg

bulldg Active Member

I tried to download some of the gunsights, but I kept getting "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable! The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer"

Nice work though. What did you use to create the sights?

Er, I see it now :@drunk: never mind....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

idiotic hosting

8. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Idiotic hosting but it only shows people like what he did :)

Keep up the good work Owen :)

<Z>

9. --owen

--owen Member

exec, you can take any sound you'd like from it. I don't mind a bit.

and bulldg, I'm not sure why that message came up. Tell me which gunsight you tried to download and ill see what's up.

10. --owen

--owen Member

OK I've added an I-16 I-153 sound pack to the site. Also, it seems that Radio Chatter wind still is a little messed up. Today I was flying B24's, I hit a little over 200 mph, and it started sounding like women, which there is nothing wrong with that. Hm, I think I have a new way of thinking of it. Women and men flying bombers hehe. But anywayz, I'm gonna get my brother flankr to help me with the other sounds.

<S> ~TRS~ --owen

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i downloaded shiden's sound twice. both times it is broken. check it pls.

12. yivan

yivan Well-Known Member

imho some sounds are too silent, eq 20mm cannon, b17 engines (comparing to old ones)

13. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Is it enough to rename those gunsights to .gst, or how can one take them to use? (tried, not succeeded...)

airfax :@drunk:

14. cloud--

cloud-- Well-Known Member

Exec, I'll chek it out when I get home today. I wonder If they if putting the sounds into zip files would solve this problem.

Yivan, ur probably right, I'll turn up the sound and upload the new sounds and ill let you guys know.

Airfax, the name can't just be gunsight. In order for them to work, you must rename them the same as the cockpit name :

Example : The spitfire cockpit is "spit53.vew" so the gunsight name should be "spit53.gst" Just go into the cockpits directory and look at the cockpit file names. Just replace ".vew" with ".gst". FYI the "3" in spit53.gst is for Hi Res. If you have Low res, U must download a low res gunsight. (Which there are not many on the site at this time) . I hope this explains it well enough.

<S> ~TRS~ --owen

EDIT : Sorry I forgot my brother was logged in.

15. --owen

--owen Member

Exec, I just downloaded the Shiden's sound. It does seem to be broken. I heard an engine then just static. I guess thats what you heard. I'll have to upload it again. I guess I better start testing out my website before telling about it right:/ Sorry.

<S> ~TRS~ --owen

16. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

nope, didn't work. I tried to make bf109g3.gst (hope that it's right) gunsight, but at least in offline practise it went back to default (original cross) sight...

airfax :@drunk:

17. bulldg

bulldg Active Member

--owen, I was able to download the gunsights later so I don't know what was happening the first time I tried. They look great! I used to use those exact sights you converted when I played WB3, and it's great to have them again.

18. --owen

--owen Member

bf109g3.gst is an incorrect name. If you look in your COCKPIT's directory, you should see the correct filenames. Unfortuneately I don't think you can have a specific gunsight for a certain variable of a plane. Here are the correct file names for the 109s. bf109k3.gst & bf109e3.gst

I'm sure they will work now.

Exec, I've fixed the Shiden sound problem now. Should be ready for you to download.

Bulldg, If you got that screen saying "Server has reached allocated data transfer limit" (or something similar), then that was just a temporary thing, from ,I think, to many downloads in a certain amount of time:/ as exec said,

Idiotic Hosting.

So if anyone else sees this screen, just try again later, sorry about this inconveniance. (er I don't think i spelled that word correctly)

<S> ~TRS~ --owen

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

thanks.
    b17radio taken out from hosting?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  20. --owen

--owen Member

Sorry Exec, I accidently renamed the file. Or I just made it Capitalized, forgot downloads were Case sensitive. It's ready to download now though;)

One thing is, I guess you could still call it a TEST Version, if you got over 200mph in a bomber, the sound speeds up :UU: I only tested it going at like 180mph or lower :rolleyes:

Hope you can enjoy it though,

<S> ~TRS~ --owen :super: :turret: :nono: