190 loads

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -BISH-, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Admins?
    :alc: :dark: :alc:

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

From http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/allies/ussr/fordhami153preview.htm

Spanish Civil War was (afaik) 1936-1939.

Chinese used them against the Japanese in 1939.

The Finns later.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~fbonne/warbirds/ww2htmls/polii15.html

You read that? After the summer of 1939.

The first planes tested with the rockets were I-16s in August 1939. From what is says above, the I-153 followed soon after.

Now more to the point. Why dont you find something that says the Chaika DID NOT carry rockets in min 1940??

@ exec: lol :p

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

cc that

1 person likes this.
  4. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Your kidding me right? Your resource is a website that sells a modle of the plane?

If these sites are acountable for armaments than please go to revell.com and view the torpedo carrying fw190, or its 1000kg bomb loadout "they just cut a fin off the bomb so it would fit". Or the ju88 loaded with explosives dropped by a fw190.....amazing the things modle companys make....

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Where is your source to prove otherwise? Were not trying to source data to influence FH developers, so we dont have to start all that stuff about 'this data isnt reliable'. Btw, the 2nd site I quoted from isnt no plane modeller ;)

But yet I have shown you many sources that state unequivocally that early war Russian planes carried RS-82 rockets. Since they had been successfully tested in August 1939 (2 kills against Japanese fighters) and since the I-153 was clearly being upgraded to a kind that could carry rockets after the summer of 1939, can you still argue that they should not have rockets in mid-1940 when the RPS starts? They clearly had them IRL.

Still, it is you that is making the claim that they did not carry rockets. I await you to back-up your claim with sources. I wont hold my breath though....

6. devill

devill Well-Known Member

Allsop, what's the problem with FW190 carrying torpedo? It did exist, and as soon as I return home I'll scan and send you a photo. Or Ju88 dropped by a FW190 or a Bf109 was a "Mistel" and they were real and operational.

7. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

Ive seen the pic of the 190 with torp, and also with the ju88.... wasnt it an unguided bomb?

8. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Hmmm... Buterflyies with DM4-Ramjets... kool!!!...
    Who knows 1.64c? :rolleyes: :D

9. devill

devill Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember, Mistels (ju88+bf109 or fw190) had guidance (radio) since they were used to target bridges to disable allied advance (hard to hit a bridge unguided). Entire glazed nose of Ju88 was replaced with cone shaped metal nose containing explosives. They weren't very succesful because of allied air supremacy.
    FW190 was tried as a torpedo bomber, most notable difference being extended tail landing gear.