Football question...

Discussion in 'Warbirds Polish' started by Glas, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me any info on the 2 players signed by Celtic - Artur Boric, a goalkeeper from Legia Warsaw and Maciej Zurawski, who was (one of?) the top scorers in poland last season.

Zurawski seems proven, I dont have many fears about him. But we have always had problems with goalies - what is Boric like in your opinion?

Cheers :)

2. Pikkot

Pikkot Well-Known Member

Boruc. Arthur imho. I didn't watch any games in polish league. Anyway he got good opinion in media. Last time I saw him playing he gave ass, but that was 2y ago+.

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

zurawski was one of the top scorers every year ;)
    and boruc? hes ok, worth the money celtic paid to get him for that 1yr loan
    he wont make mistakes like dudek sometimes do, but ive never seen him in trance like some goalkeepers have.. ya know, that invincible feeling they have and serie of saves in hopeless situations..
    but surely is fine, reliable keeper - he will save what he is supposed to save + sth extra

btw, since zuraw and boruc are in celtic one polish sport station is gonna show all celtic games ^^
    (we used to have onle those most important)
    cant wait season :>

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

oh yea..

hail hail!
    :D

5. yivan

yivan Well-Known Member

1st thing, Celtic signed Artur BORUC not Boric :rolleyes:

Boruc is a second goalkeeper in national team and he want's to be first. He played in Legia one of the best team in Poland. Legia lost just 19 goals in 26 matches. Imo it was good choice and Boruc will stay more than one year in Celtic.

Żurawski (letter Z have dot above:p) as i found valid data was second in top socorer list with 24 goal just after Tomasz Frankowski (from Wisła Kraków too) with 25 goals, 3rd scorer had 14 goals

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ spuint: Cool, hope you enjoy them :) It is probably more than I will get to see of them :p

@ Yivan: Sorry, I took Boruc's name from a website that spelled it 'Boric' :shuffle:

Oh, and I cant do a letter 'Z' with a dot above :p

Celtic's problems with goalkeepers is that we have never had a really commanding one, who will come for (and get) most crosses. From what I have heard, this Polish lad is quite adept at cross balls, and I hope fighting for the No 1 position in the national team will bring out the best in him.

I cant wait to see Zurawski play. He has already been christened 'Magic' by the Celtic supporters :D

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

yea i know about that 'magic' nick, i follow couple celtic forums ;>
    16th theres a sparing with fulham, may be interesting

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was reading about that today. Wouldnt mind going down for it, there will be thousands of Celtic supporters there wanting to see the new players.

Check out comeonthehoops.com if you havent already ;)

9. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

Yeah, Johnson also was "Magic" and he caught AIDS.

Damn, guys, you think i came here for aeroplanes? For Broz jokes of anal sex? Or Snake's 'hit by a blimp'?

NO! I've been seeking refuge from Wisla Warszawa, Legia Krakow, and first of all my crappy Stomil Olsztyn! I thought i 've found a place where noone would know them. And now this only forum is contaminated... Aaaaargh...

I think i'm gonna get drunk with my dog :@drunk: