dissabling hmacks

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by beryl, Jul 26, 2005.

?

hmacks

1. dissable human acks

30.2%
  2. leave human acks

69.8%
  1. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

personally, i'm sick of all these kills with 1x20mm from d14, but i'd like to hear what other players think about it, and what devs thinks.

2. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

i voted to leave them, but change some things. Like the fire range, like the 20mm (i loved the 12mm or 75mm), the fact that you need a direct 37mm hit to get them, the speed they move, etc....

1 person likes this.
  3. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

in general DM is crap now, and 1x25 disabling/killing a plane every time is a bit over the top
    still I vote against disabling them, we just need a new DM (I reaaally don't like this one, last one was much much better)

2 people like this.
  4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I'm sick of it, too. What kinda crap is that anyway. 20mm armed jeeps?? Damn jeep would probably flip over firing the gun lol.

2 people like this.
  5. Vagal

Vagal Member

I like it the way they are.
    Hmack brought a new life to the field capture and it's one of the many FH feature I really liked. It's general use is to get troopers or it's carryers or to get the vulchers or low flying bombers. To the "normal" player it's hard to get a kill in it agaist fighters. On the other way it's relatively easy to get them with bombs or rockets.

1 person likes this.
  6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

yes, quite easy. the problem is to survive after that

7. bulldg

bulldg Active Member

As for me, get rid of the dweeps! Really, when did you see a jeep w/20mm in WW2?

I'd settle for them to only carry .50 cal though, or else get the old DM back, or, dare I dream...both.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Most of times I get PK'ed when hmack hits me ,about 30-50% need only 1 shot to bring me down.OLD hmacks vere good ,easy to kill and with good aim ,possible to damage attacking planes. there was 4 x 12mm ..right? and DM was like 1 shot and boom.

1 person likes this.
  9. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

Iam for 7mm hmacks or for game totally without hmacks... :)

10. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Exactly.

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

that could be funny. 8x7mm firing at the same time.... maybe for one ToD, --bw--? :)

12. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

well... it's just impossible, to be so lucky, or aim so good, to kill a plane from jeep with single 25mm. i was killed at least 4 times today with such hits, mostly form d10 or greater. evem jee-drivers are saying that is luck. no, it isn't luck. it's some kind of bug. in that case jeep-drivers should be banned for bug abusing ;)

13. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

it's the "feature" of current DM - 1x25mm kills a fighter now almost every time
    hitting from d10 or further is just a combination of luck and experience, definitely doable ;)

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

actually i find easier to hit from d6 to d13 than in close range

15. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

pilots who fly in a straight path in icon range of a jeep are bound to be hit.
    it takes a lot of lead & a bit of arc to hit at long range, but you have all the ammo in the world to work with.
    FU jeep!
    25mm sprayer!

16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

ban jeeps! those guys should take off and get vuched, not sit in a jeep and stare at u from 3km below :D

getting serious now: i checked the poll results and (although there are yet few respondents) i saw that a good percentage (38% ) wants hmacks to be kept. maybe u should consider a middle sollution, like limiting the use of jeeps (for example number of available jeeps/field, increased respawn time, fewer ammo, reworked DM etc).

@devs: sometimes i go in a jeep when the field i want to take-off from has no radar. if u would decide to disable hmacks, please leave us the possibility to get out of the tower (using something other than a plane) to take a look at the sky. maybe the same jeeps, but without cannon/ guns?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  17. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

Well, i'd vote 'leave hmacks but give them tracers', unfortunately no such option.

As of their firepower, i have a strange feeling that not every 20mm rips a wing off a plane, and that the hmack rate of fire is more of 4x20mm than single 20mm.

My 2 gr. :)

18. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

use alt+V

19. Ground

Ground Well-Known Member

Remove airplanes, not hmacks!! :D

20. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Alt + V doesn't allways work (destroying 'the point of view' affect that?),and it's hard to look directly up.My suggestion is that cause there are so few Italian planes ,model a Red Ferrari to drive around.

1 person likes this.