Left-Wing European Subsidies... Again

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by squirl, Sep 3, 2005.

1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Actually i think topic should be named.
    Right wing french subsidies again.

Can you explain how Chirac can be considered a left wing politician? Also what has french search engine do with the rest of europe?

What's the point of this thread anyway? Is the idea to discuss about this stupid saying by chirac? Or something else?

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

he surely was cold and needed some flame

3. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

illo: no i hope no :)
    ...a french search? did never look for one ;)

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I'm begining to think, that he just pretends to be so stupid. I mean, can a human being really be THAT dumb?! I'll watch Dumb & Dumber again and look for

"Squirl as himself"

in the cast.

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

LOL. If i shoudn't have wasted my 24 hours reputation rate, i'd give you some for that :D

6. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

LOL!!!! Fucking Frenchies...... :)

Squirl, this is a FRENCH thing, NOT a European thing. :) I mean, dammit! Up to a year ago, they didn't even have Internet in France (well, they did, but on a very small scale). Ignore Chirac and his isolationist policies.... We do as well!

1 person likes this.
  7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Where did you get that from? They had, and a good one. I know because one year ago i was living in France and they had a very good instalation

8. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Ehm, excuse me? Does the word "Facism" ring a bell? "Facism", as in "the most right-winged philosophy on Earth, which was invented in Europe"??????

And you still wonder why we are more centered than Americans?

9. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

I was exaggerating, Broz :) Untill recently, the French preferred Viditel (or what is called again?) over WWW. That's all I meant.

And what Chirac meant was that Google doesn't give enough French results to queries. Protection of the national language and shit.... Viditel was entirely French.

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

ahh, ok :)

11. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Minitel :)

12. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

When one studies politics, a critical moment of enlightenment eventually occurs. The political spectrum loops.

I did a Google search.

The first definition it gave for "fascism" is this:

"A social and political ideology with the primary guiding principle that the state or nation is the highest priority, rather than personal or individual freedoms."

Does that sound like the small-government policy which the Right always preaches? It does not. That description could be true of either a fascist or a communist country, yet they are natural enemies!

Politics are not the goal, they are the means of reaching that goal. If one thinks about it this way, he can see how true it is. Politics are the most efficient and most commonly used means of promotion in any society. Tribal communities, businesses and even militaries all promote based upon political factors. Individuals who seek promotion can do so for any number of reasons. This is why it is unwise to analyze a politician's goal. Analyzing the method yields much more information about that individual.

Hitler pursued the creation of a curturally "pure" Germanic state, which many label as "rightist." In his use of power, however, Hitler grew the size of the government and extended federal control over several industries.

George Bush is commonly believed to be a "rightist," but he has actually grown the size of the US government and has not been as fiscally-conservative as many right-wing people would like him to be.

George Bush Sr. famously said "Read my lips: No new taxes." He raised taxes.

So while Jacques Chirac may be labeled as "right-wing" by many, his policies favor left-wing priciples such as growing the size of the government by extending it into the private sector.

Do not define a politician by his election platform, define him by his means of living up to his platform.

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

And you wonder why french want a search engine? Damn, i want spanish to develop another!! :D:D

14. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

just curious: What did you study?

15. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

WOW! An honest politician! :p

16. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

So right=good, left=wrong.

17. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

If you tend to see the world through only one kind of filter (like "politics"), you're most likely going to miss some noteworthy nuances.

18. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Nah, left = right and right = left(overs). Or at least, that's what Squirl thinks European politics look like :)

<Z>

19. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

spend less time worrying about politics & more time getting your pilot's liscenses & you will be happier

20. Flubby

Flubby Well-Known Member

No no RolandGarros,

donґt force Squirl to stop his brilliant political postings.
    I am a small minded left wing European and people like me like to laugh often and loud about people like squirl ;).

Its very amusing and a good way to bride the boring lunchtime.

Cu Flubby

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005