Can anyone translate it please?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ppedott_vibora, Dec 6, 2005.

1. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

I would like to ask some english native language mate (but alsop :) ) to translate 'it' German folks also invited to translate the second text
    :D
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!

2. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

The first three line in English are litterally translatable in Italian (Italian language is on top center , so I argue it is an Italian device), but I honestly fail to understand how "selezionare l'indicatore desiderato" (which should translate "select the desired pointer" has become "to select the wanted bomb"...
    Bombe or bomboloni are common Italian names for krapfens or donuts so clearly you've found the next Christmas import gift from Marge to Homer Simpson!
    With instructions written by Homer himself! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

ok I'm not a native speaker but it doesn't make any sense :D

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Nothing more visible from Spanish translation? :)

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

hahhahahhahaha

Yeah, total jibberish :)

6. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

in german meens/standґs there:

- bla bla bla

- bla bla bla bla bla bla

- bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

regards mosche :cool:

7. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

The other day I saw that fucking moron, bill gates, saying that translation software is the future, and a near future.... when I see translations like these, or the ones made by online translators... I can but laugh at those statements... language is a much complicated tool than most people think.

8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Repeat after me: I love Microsoft :)

9. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

It's an instruction how to use a fuelpump, automated, where you insert notes to pay.

Looks like someone used a dictionary and translated word-by-word :D
    I did need to see the german text also , though, to understand that...

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Communications are soooo cheap these days. It isn't hard for a person to go to the internet and type the following message: I speak no english. I need a sticker that explains how to pump something. I would love it if some of you guys put down what I need said.
    Many people would say, "Hey fuckface, pay me for translatin and doin technical writin fer you, you capitalist pig..." And too, some people would make something nice and pretty for the guy and need only goodwill. Yes, there is a medium of exchange called goodwill.

Icons.
    There is something makes me laugh:
    The icons you got on the label thingie a shirt or pair of pants got in it. The icons that instruct how to wash it, what type of drier, whether or not it needs ironin, what type of ironin, hot fuel proof, all that stuff.
    I want ya to look at the label. Yes, Looooooook at the label Looooooooook at the labellllllllllllllllllllllllll.
    Now, tell me ya fuckin understand that. Tell me ya got it all. Tell me those fuckin things make any sense and who was the fuckup dremat those up.
    I won't get into it, all I know is an icon should be intuitive, obvious.

A fuckin drawin. Now the guy could have done a fuckin drawin.
    What if someone gets shrink wrapped by mistake because some heathen bastard in Farawaystan makin a fuckin machine without workable instructions and, well, bein fuckin shrink wrapped is too horrible to even think about, Jeez.

I got these speakers they is a Taiwan company that make speakers and stuff in asia, but they got a fuckin factory, no shit, where they is buildin stuff here. And this is pretty good audio, nice stuff. Now, Taiwanese engineering is pretty nice. And making the spekers here saves those Taiwanese industrialists lots of money when they open a branch plant, they go multinational.... And anyway, so the fuckin speakers, a Taiwan Based Corporation, gets a wonderful machine built here, according to spec. The things are Just Like They Are Back Home. And the instructions for the use of the things is fuckin horrible. Terrible. Terrible readme files and terrible owner's manual.
    They is only speakers. I figured it out myself.

Fuck.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  11. gollum

gollum Member

I found this review of a scanner yesterday, maybe can somebody tell me from what language it was auto translated ???

Not a constant 4800 dpi scanner don't by this scanner if you forewarn anything close to 4800 dpi. i curvature this scanner with the intention to possess my slides. i was not able to get the decomposition i expected from a 4800 dpi scanners. the alluvium was only marginally better than the completion i got by projecting the slides and enravishing images using my 3 mpix digicam. by using the "slanted edge" role i measured a resolution that rather looked twin a 1200 dpi scanner. also when using the eyepiece adapter the result become even worse since the slides more out of focus. got no auxiliary from hp support. the reaction to my measurements was basically "that's the way it is" also: the software user interface is kludgy and rough to work with. this is not what i expecting from hp, my previous experience of hp-products is stark good.

But the strange thing is that I wrote the following review a few weeks ago.
    Fuck? :UU: how could they do this to MY text??. :turret:

(The original)
    Not a true 4800 dpi scanner. Don't by this scanner if you expect anything close to 4800 dpi.
    I bought this scanner with the intention to scan my slides.
    I was not able to get the resolution I expected from a 4800 dpi scanners.
    The result was only marginally better than the result I got
    by projecting the slides and taking images using my 3 MPix digicam.
    By using the "slanted edge" method I measured a resolution
    that rather looked like a 1200 dpi scanner.
    Also when using the slide adapter the result become even
    worse since the slides become more out of focus.
    Got no help from HP support. The reaction to my measurements
    was basically "that's the way it is"
    Also: The software user interface is kludgy and hard to work with.
    This is not what I expected from HP, my previous experience of
    HP-products is quite good.

12. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

heh, right, the 4800-dpi-marketing-resolution is pretty often the 1200-dpi-true-resolution.

@biles - same thing here, you're getting things cheap, then you look into the manual, hah, the translator's been drinking the methylene again. Luckily the things i DO need the manual for to operate either have the manuals in polish or in proper english.

@ ppedot - i thought that would have something to do with the fax machine, but reuben may be more right ;)

13. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

nice hair, biles.
    i still blame you for my nightmares that started ever since i saw that movie: "go fuck yourself!".
    sigh.. :p