Saving videos from your browser cache

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Someone told me before that it is possible to watch a video through putfile (or any other webpage), then go in to your temp internet folder to save the video. Can anyone tell me exactly how this is done? If you tried to save the video, wouldnt it just save as a webpage?

Cheers guys :cool:

2. Aser

Aser Well-Known Member

Well, it works for me sometimes.

When I watch a video from a web were there are not download function, I went to the Internet Temp forder, sort the files by size (it does not work usually by date, don´t know why, and videos use to be quize high size), and copy/paste the bigger files (cut/paste or move the files from internet temp folder does not work either).

Depending on your browser/Operating System, this folder also could be different (I think that at WinXP is under Windows folder, with a name similar to IETemporary files, or something like that). Could take a while to show the content of this folder; if you don´t clean browser cache regularly, many files can be there.

Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn´t. Depends also on your internet connection (if internet provider has its own cache on their server, sometimes some files will never arrive to your local PC).

Good luck. Tell me if it has worked for you.

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

What I sometimes do if I can't find a file in my cache (or if I don't know where the cache is) is I look at the source code of that particular page and scan it for links containing filenames ending on wmv, mpg, mpeg, etc. Once found you can just plug the link into a download manager.

4. gwiazd

gwiazd Active Member

right click on movie and copy link of movie to "Net Transport" program and download it. Work with http and mms (hard with rstp).

5. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Under Windows XP:

Open explorer,
    Open the C: drive
    Open the folder Documents & Settings
    Open the folder that has the name that you use to login (if you dont login its the folder called "All Users")
    open the subfolder called local settings
    the temporary internet files is there.

Mal

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

No worries, I found a better way ;)

The reason I mentioned putfile in particular was because when you are viewing putfile videos, you cant right click them. Here is what you need to do;

Open the webpage with the video;

Click 'view', then 'source'. A word document opens. Click 'edit', then 'find' and type in the word 'embed'. Scroll the document along to the very end of the sentence that has the first 'embed' in the document. There is a URL there. Highlight the URL, then copy and paste it in to the address bar on a webpage. The 'save as' dialogue box appears.

Et voila ;)

(needless to say, I got this from elsewhere on the net, im not clever enough to work that one out :p )

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Btw thanks for your suggestions. I tried all those when trying to save a video through putfile, but they dont work. The above should work for any webpage though.

8. Red Ant

Dude, that's sort of what I was suggesting. :p ;)

9. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, you were :eek:

My apologies

10. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Shame on you, Glas! To redeem yourself you must eat at FEBO for a fortnight! :)

11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

That, my friend, is a fate worse than death ;)

Remember that documentary about the guy eating McD's for a fortnight? At least he survived....

:D

12. Red Ant

Supersize me? What a bunch of baloney .... if you ask me. I suppose you might say I'm a sick bastard for it, but two months ago I mainly fed on Burger King stuff for about 3 weeks straight. I didn't gain so much as a pound, and I didn't even do any exercise or anything. I haven't actually seen that movie myself, but IMO he cannot simply have eaten at McDonalds, he must have eaten like a pig. ;)

13. Red Ant

What is FEBO, by the way?

14. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

You dont really want to know mate ;)

[​IMG]

It is an absolutely disgusting fast food explosion in Holland. There's about 10 of the feckers on every street corner :rolleyes: :D

15. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Used to be the same for me... but... I dunno if it's the beer or the junk food, student life's making me gain weight! And I mean, the kind of beer-belly weight ;) Nothing I can't run off though, but still, it's not so hard to imagine it was in fact McDonalds he went to.

Talking about movies, anyone seen Bad Santa? Saw it last night myself, liked it.

FEBO, aka, food in the wall, sucks indeed :) Rather have the Belgian "frituren" :D

<Z>

16. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i heard the supersize me dude always went for meals of a certain amount of calories. if thats true, of course he gained weight!

on the other hand, ok it doesnt kill you. but eating that same stuff everyday cant be healthy either! :p

17. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

he just took all he was offered - usually double/big ration, extra frites and so on

18. Red Ant

Hmmm, I'm craving a nice fatty, utterly unhealthy CrispyChicken right now .... to hell with proper nutrition! Long live junk food. :D