Is self bombing acceptable?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by SteveS, Dec 17, 2005.

1. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

In here we call it self bombing; in iEN WB it was called salvo-ing...A con (usually buff) gets shot down but rather than let the killer get the kill, the con will drop a bomb just before impact with the ground so the server thinks the bomb killed the con and the kill goes to the ack weenies. Why am I describing this; you guys know all about it.
    This is one thing which really fucks me off, especially after I've spent 10-15 minutes climbing to 12-15,000 feet to shoot the buff down.
    One particularly bad offender is lettuce, sry letez. When accused on ch100 by another red pilot all he said was 'go for a PK then'.
    So, is it acceptable (and should I wind my neck in) or is it tantamount to cheating? Whadya think?

1 person likes this.
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I think it's not at all acceptable but I'm afraid most people don't really seem to care much.

1 person likes this.
  3. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

it's acceptable (for me) only when he is over enemy fld/factory and he is tryinig to destroy any structures...

4. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

the keyword is "only"

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    It isn't cheating and it isn't acceptable.

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Its acceptable, like smelling another guy's farts in an elevator.
    What are you going to do about it?
    C'est la guerre

7. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

8. allpay

allpay Well-Known Member

9. Tombow

Tombow Well-Known Member

The topic is somehow amusing. Have to join fatale on that. Which reminds me of a story from my early days.....

Islands arena, flying gold, attacking F4 from a CV. Me rolls a Zeke with eggs and goes for broke. All fine if it wasn't broz, who got on my 6. Broz shoots at me, Zeke damaged badly. Going to die anyway, I point the nose at the last hangar standing. Bomb hit hangar, Zeke hit hangar, me dead. Ack weenies score the kill.

Next second Broz ponders me on ch100 with a tirade as hard and merciless :turret: as a burst from a Beaufighter. Not going to elaborate on this, just let's say, he was ..uhhhhm......very creative :super:

I :turret: back and had an amusing verbal :duel: with him on ch100 until I realized he didn't understand I was heading for the hangar and not trying to evade ending as another kill on his list. From that point on it was more :zzz: I just prefer fighting with guns rather than words.

Sometimes it really pisses me off, but basically, I don't care.

10. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Suicide bombings would be perfectly acceptable if the kamikaze or his side would get some penalty for doing so except the points.
    I think there should be an penalty for killing an engine too. The safest way to land a plane is actauly doing it without gears. Engine killed, but max mision termination multiplayer anyways, should be different.

11. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Don't dream it's over.

12. Red Ant

Yes okay Tombow, in your case the point can be made that you were just fulfilling your mission by smashing into that hangar, but there are those who blatantly self-kill when there isn't anything worth bombing anywhere nearby.

13. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

I do that, but only when I know it will make my victim unhappy

14. Red Ant

Yes, but then you're an asshat, so that doesn't really come as a suprise.

15. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Plunging with a bomb and getting killed by blast- OK
    Plunging down with a bomb, but damaged beyond any chance of getting home, and getting killed by the blast- Lame (you can always release the bomb and point your aircraft somwhere else b4 jumping... or at least try not to kill yourself with a bomb).

When it comes to buffing- well, used as I am to selfbombers on the arena I just waste some more ammo to deprive the buff of one of it's wings... works almost perfect, as they come down spiraling, making a selfbomb attempt a lot trickier :D
    But they still suck (3 ToD's ago a He-177 released something like 20 bombs, trying to selfkill [was deprived of one wing of course])... the sattisfaction with the fact that he did not succeed was even greater when I saw it was the well-known selfbomber, killthief orosco, whom I do personaly hate :)

16. --oleg

--oleg Well-Known Member

Selfbombing is one of most nasty trick in FH. The purpose of it is only one - dont give a kill to guy who deserve it and pissed him off. And it possible only because admins do not want to give any kills to players instead of acks.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005