whois attached_to_me

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ronin, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

All of us know there is a command .attach,
    but is there a command to check if or who is attached to me that you can use during the flight?
    If no, something like .whois attached will do good!

2. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

ask someone else to attach to you - if someone is already attached, he will get info about it including the nick of the attached player

3. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Ok that will do only the one that you ask shouldn't be airborn!,... but I'm very sure that wouldn't be to much hassle to devs to implement ".whois attached". I'ts much faster than to wait for someone in twr, every time you take off and want to check it if somebody giving your pos and alt for the oponent's side.

4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

should be .rapist

5. Snakeye

don't you have any squadmates? ;)

6. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

imho atach command should be seriously and fast reworked
    any1 pilot can be easy found every moment of flight
    its maybe nice option for shorteyed developers, but huge cheat key against streak collectors or skilled pilots
    need some basic protection, imho good idea do it available for squad mates only
    it cant be that everyone can use it!
    i know MA very well, tons of 15y lames and frustrated there!!!

are you guys blind or stupid?

7. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

weired

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i don't :)

9. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

nobody likes you? :p

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i thought you did :shuffle:

11. Snakeye

I don't mind :)
    anyone wants to attach me? feel free to do it - you will see how you should not fly ;)
    I build my streaks in furballs, I don't care if someone attaches me only to find and kill me, I'm not afraid and I don't have anything to hide

even better if someone will learn from my mistakes if I don't :rolleyes:

I don't understand how "attach" can pose any danger to a skilled pilot - if he's good he won't get caught off guard and will win or survive (almost ;) ) any fight
    There are no wonder moves and unknown tricks in WB to keep in secret - you can find it all out just by observing the pilot when he fights anyway

12. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

@:Snakeye
    by using attach command i'ts easy, at any time to give pos and alt inf about any pilot to oponents side. And then 2 or more cons can very easy get him and gangbang him.
    No mater how good you are, it is very hard to fight 2 or more oponents that know not only pos, alt but type of plane you are flying.

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

cc that ron. in my honest opinion attach should only be used to improve pilots that are new or want to improve and also in the training arena only. In the main arena it should not be period.

14. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

If the attach command is any use its on the main arena. U dont get the exact moves of the attached pilot's plane so no point larning manouvers this way realy, but U can observe that pilots tactics, how he aproches cons etc and U wont get such things in TA. I dont think that the attach command is any good antycheat device so I think there should be an invite command to allow a particular pilot to attach.
    And one more thing, having other pilot attached can be used to an advantage. Just one person extra that is not fixated on your target and is looking all around to warn U is very nice.

15. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

imo it's the minimum to receive a message, whenever somebody is attaching.
    article
    poll

16. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

just like i thought!

really skilled pilots, famous experienced & veterans are against .attach command
    they understand well the problem

and newbies, poor and average (most of players) support .attach command
    they never will understand the problem

shit, i hope developers will revise "attach" fast, because better you are pilot = more cheat actions from .attach will touch you

@snakeye:
    trust me , if i'm in flight i will never want any opposite to know my pos, plane, altitute
    its not quake, heres MA map, visiblity range, radars, all system fucked up if any spy can attach you every moment and will tell his friends everything about you
    all tactics work shit.. do you understand now ?
    try imagine low field attacks, or li2 hunting
    are you realy lame or shorteyed same as developers ? (developers are not regular players, just programers or designers)

17. Snakeye

pietas, just remember that the fact that you are against attach command doesn't make you a "really skilled pilots, famous experienced or veteran" :p
    my approach to the attach command comes from my approach to the game itself, I play for fun, I like having a long fight with a good pilot or even fight outnumbered - attach doesn't hurt me and, besides, I don't believe in the conspiracy theory ;) no 15yo kid will attach me only to tell my position to another group of kiddies who will hunt me around the map, sorry :p

as a footnote I'd only like to add that .attach might be improved - pilot should know that someone attaches him and he should be able to kick him out of his cockpit (and mb deny further access)

1 person likes this.
  18. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

for me, very important element of fun at MA is radar range, icons visiblity, surprise and unknown enemy forces.
    It's all gone with attach command.
    You still don't understand.

19. Snakeye

for me not - I already wrote that... just like I wrote that attach doesn't bother ME
    I didn't write about your fun

20. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

then you are quake furballer pilot without tactic
    but I'm not, hope you understand attach can be used easy as cheat against no quakers, ruining entire fun and makes game no sense anymore except quake