Pietas' tactics

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Feb 11, 2006.

1. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I played a MMOL Air COmbat game a long time ago. It was one you paid for. In fact, the game was the one came before WB.
    Rules in that game were failry simple. Most anything you could do was allowed. So that was simple. Easy. No taboos.
    You could shoot chutes.
    You could vulch.
    Any kill was a good kill.

That ethos saved players a lot of argument on channel 1 or whatever it was, I can't remember.

You would swoop in, kill a guy and that was that, the end. No one saying dumb things because they looked dumb saying them, things like:
    I was taking off, why did you shoot me? Vulcher!
    Actually, if my memory serves, vulching a player who was taking off was frowned on. But hitting one landing was alright.
    Yes, there was lots of argument on the common channel. But it was usually just the kind involving cuss words, ad hominem, you know.

Idea:
    An arena.
    The arena's taboos shall be far fewer than MA.
    Say, a kill is a kill is a kill.
    Killing a plane is a kill and the following SHALL NOT BE ISSUES :
    where the con was
    or
    what it was doing:
    See it;
    kill it.

No, it wouldn't be fair right? Well, given taboos like we have in this game, no, it wouldn't ba fair. But if you go into an arena where the rules are clear and very simple...
    See it, kill it.
    Don't bitch.
    Any kill is a good kill.

I dunno. Do ya think people would fly in an arena set up like that?

I once played a chess game with a grown man who claimed to know the game. Yes, he said he knew how to play. And I couldn't belive what I saw:
    School boy mate
    or called sometimes,
    Fool's mate.

The guy made a variation of the Fool's Mate. [not exactly as shown below, there were a couple moves between the stupidder ones. I mated him in four or five moves, I can't remember.
    I couldn't belive it.
    Yes, we were both smoking big fat joints and having fun and no one cared. It was Saturday night.
    But the guy fell for the Fool's mate. So, what do you think I did or said? Do you think I solemnly told him, in turn two, "You maybe would like to reconsider not only this move, but the one previous, here, let's set them up again! As a favour to you."
    No. When I saw the guy's first stupid turkey move, I thought. "Hmmm, I thought he said he knows the game...."
    And I got really nervouse thinking, "Well, there have been masters playing who have been sucker punches, queen out in the opening [don't normally do this], etc."
    So the guy made me nervous.
    with White

1)P-KB3
    And I did
    1) ... P-K4
    Yep, he made me nervous. English Opening was refute a long time ago, but I ain't some grand fucken master playing around with openings that are stupid when NOT done by grand masters.....
    Dummy showed his true mettle with;
    2)P-KN4 ...

I didn't feel in the least like explainin anything to the guy. Until AFTER the check mate.

If you blow the game on the second move, are you maybe in the wrong league? Or drunk maybe?
    It is a game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hey, biles WTF is wrong with you???? I think I actually got your point on this one! And I agree, too! :p

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Jeez.
    You familiar with the term:
    "Backhanded compliment?"

LOL

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Haha, sorry. ;)

5. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Broz

Yesterday I watched 3 doomed cons being "finished-off" by others, what's so lame in shooting someone landing, when you've damaged him beyond any reasonable doubt they're "yours" and you know that there're players around that will do this "for you" if You won't?

BTW- I might search my old puters HDD- I have a really interesting track of your P-39 trying to kill me in landing while I was trying to land a 15x20 shot Zeke... I've landed (or rather crashed safely) with 2x37mm more IIRC, I've saved that track because it was something out of oddity, but on the other hand, if found this would proove your hypocrisy here :)

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

So what? If they want to be lame, why should you?
    Search it. But tell me the date it was from. I can bet it is more than 1 year old (unless i was too frustrated that day :)), because from long time to now, i've changed my mind. Now i try to avoid lamers like you (stating that you actually kill cons landing), and i try to avoid being lamer.
    So go ahead, search it, but would you prove my hipocrisy? I remember you said not long ago in tears that you were leaving this game because of lamers that killed your precious streak, but you defend and confirm that you kill landing planes. Who's the hypocrite?

7. geobrt

geobrt Well-Known Member

Well, ok, but if you don`t see con bombing from 2 k, then he don`t see you (unless he is Chuck ). Then, how can he decide wheter he`s bombing rolling planes?
    Personally I have nothing againts vulching, killing landing/starting planes.

8. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

there are rox and 75mm in b25 too ;)

9. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Of course he seen me, he landed the bomb right in front of me on the runway.

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Broz

Virginity is not something that can be restored... you did "it" (landkilling and trying to steal other's kill) and there's no way you can talk otherwise.
    As for the track- It is (was?) on my old puter so it's at least 1,5years old (last time I used that computer to play WB), but that does not change the fact, that you're starting a flamewar here against behaviour which was (still is?) a part of your flying tactics.
    And that's the only thing you can do about pietas. Flaming on forums instead of trying to beat him on Arena.
    I know he may be a fuck-off when it comes to his "scoring-attitude", but he's also a hell-out-of a pilot here, while we (you, I and others) are just medicore.

11. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

At least he revealed the proper excuse for killing landing planes. LOL. For me the presence of a con on its final approach is an excuse itself.

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Of course i did. And we all did when we started here. But that isn't a handicap for me to talk about it NOW. I bet you pissed in your bed as a child. You bed-pisser!! [does it have sense now? no, so don't judge me for what i did in the past]

The point is that you admitted you're lame to kill landing planes. Find a track with less than 1.5 years where i tried to kill YOU on the runway (the only time i remember doing that in a short-period time was when i was hunting a fucktard)

He was retired (as you were supposed to), and since he has come back, i've only seen him online at the same time as me once. Last night. And he's red, just as me. Wait and i'll try to beat him (though i'll surely fail, i'm not a great pilot; but at least i [try to] fly honourable [as much as i can]. And that's something you can't say ;))

P.S: Better find the track before calling me names :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

so killing landing planes is a [most of its members] 302nd's tactic?

I know for sure that some of them don't, but i'm amazed of how lame some of its members can be

14. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

i have shit what you are amazed

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

16. bazza

bazza Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the fuck you just said.

But, i think its up to every player to play by their own rules. Its just the unlucky bastard at the receiving end that suffers the consequences. You get vulched, your fault. Your plane gets fucked up climbing after you hit auto trim and left the computer for a pull, your fault. I dont think there is a need to start crying like a skirt just because you got shot down.

@glas, you said in your 1st post that in any other game would vulching be tolerated, and vulchers would be humiliated by all (not in those words btw), have you looked at any of the hosted games in IL2 PF+FB? "VULCHING WITH BOMBS AND ROCKETS IS OK" is a pretty common rule.

17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I think he meant that he didn't give a shit for what i was amazed for
    I don't ask him to be banned for killing vulching, i don't ask him to change his behaviour (i think i already said that), i don't ask for nothing, but i know for sure it's a lame attitude. As lame as selfkilling, as lame as spying, as lame as laughing at others when they let you ditch (heinri did last night...), etc...

That's my only point in this thread. I really don't give a fuck about pietas, frog, or any lame bastard. I know i try to fly as honourable as i can, even when i clearly play for score, but always respecting my opponents. That's my point, not crying for getting killed (as i also said, i don't remember being killed by any of them in last months, so...)

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I was referring more to games like Americas Army and other shoot-em-ups, cos in some of these games it is possible to attack the enemy spawn point when you first spawn yourself, but it is considered lame.

If you enter an arena where it clearly states that this is allowed, then you have nothing to complain about.

If 302nd want to fly/fight with no honour however, then that is up to them. I think in the end up they will be the ones who suffer from that.

The fact is, not so long ago this type of practise was heavily frowned upon in the arena (when I started in 2003, and for a while afterwards) but has slowly gained acceptance in some quarters.

19. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: 6 page for that....and alway same dweebs wasting time :D

20. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

agree