God bless america

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by achtun, Mar 21, 2006.

1. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

nah deleted... i was pissed off

i didn't meant to offend anyone, but it's very hard for we that suffered franco (friend of US and European nations) that they ask us to be gratefull to anyone

we missed here the plan marshall, you knew?? the 40's and 50's were hard times for spanoish, and we don't say " it's US fault" so don't ask us to say THX for nothing ok?

now, again, sorry if i was rude, it was not my intention

and BTW spain is signing treatys with Venezuela so we won't have to worry about oil, but thx for considerating us

Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

NOW you're beginning to understand what politics is all about.

P.S. It's not good ... but it's reality.

3. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

for sure red ant! and it's totally legitime... but don' tell me the tale of the:
    "For the billions of dollars in relief and humanitarian aid that she spends around the world. I bet even you have somehow benefitted from her aid to your own government Achtun.
    Im pretty sure she spends more on national disaster relief and starvation and disease prevention in even impoverished parts of the world that have no oil or other 'booty'"

you know what i mean, for me that is the tale. I allways knew that US protects their interests like anyone else does.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Does it mean we have to be thankful forever and never raise our voice against what we consider unfair even if it comes from "our saviours"?

Quite submissive attitude, imho.

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    It was kinda nice to see old films of Japanese in the fifties voting and being so fuckin happy.
    USA is a terrible enemy but when ya submit, when yer snugglin up nice to them, ass up, USA at least reaches around and helps out.

6. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Definitely. Every war imposes that kind of shit. People are just people and when you kill them, they kill in return. And finally wins the strongest. Always was and always will.

7. Vadim Maksimenko

But this is better than to be foolish. If not US and Churchill, who forced US to join the war, Europe would be either Das Dritte Reich territory or a satellite of the USSR. Which one is the best for you? What language do you prefer, Russian or German as imperative? All are clever and terribly wise when all dirty job has been done by others. Hey, by the way, Hitler and Stalin weren't so bad ;) Better US not interfere back then...

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I don't like one nor other. I like the way things are and were. Again, i'm not judging their past, but their present. I'm glad i can speak Spanish instead Russian or German, and i appreciate what the USA did for us (though they did not save us at all, it was a mix of many countries). But does that mean that i can't say they went wrong? Just because 60 years ago they fought the fight that all Europe did too?

If that's what you're saying, they should shut up in front of a Spanish guy too. All in all, we discovered America :rolleyes:

9. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

"so don't thiunk your are the choosen country by god and everyone deserves you the liberty! I don't blame US for helping FRANCO, so don't piss me off!

we don't owe you our liberty! we won it in 1978 WE ALONE! "

In your anger you are I fear missing my point. I am not saying you owe ANY gratitude to USA. But, in your sarcastic
    title God Bless America, I felt the need to remind you of the other side of American global ... contribution.
    Agreed much of the good that we do is for political gain , but good... is good. The economic help that we DO provide, in many needed areas, is real monies collected from a decent, compassionate hard working class of people gatherd from all nations of the world. I live among them, and can attest to thier basic goodness.
    We are collectively growing more outraged at the state of some global affairs that our leaders create. The majority that supported this war at the outset truely believed that we were defending ourselves from another terrorist attack.
    Support for the current administration and its policies is decreasing every week.
    I fear that we have only quaranteed another even greater attack upon us. And I fear more, our response to the next one.
    ...I guess I needed to vent...

1 person likes this.
  10. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i dont need your war machines, i dont need your ghetto scenes

11. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

My America no longer exists.

And I'm not talking about our kids in combat now. They're simply kids. Anyone with half a brain knows what happens when kids get thrown into combat.

Kids are...KIDS, and they don't know WTF they are doing.

God damn it all, that's what really happened, I'm sure. But our military is not meant to be a police force. Bla bla...

Unfortunately, there is no real alternative to BB now, unless some miracle opposition appears by 2008...

12. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Can anyone remember the post where one guy listed all places USA has fought in after the ww2? ..there was about 100+ afair...

I Can't find the thread ..

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

We don't need no education, we don't need no thoughts control...

14. Vadim Maksimenko

Americas were discovered by stone age nomad tribes ;) All others just occupants that locals failed to push out... Ummm... Ancient "Iraq" story? :)

15. Vadim Maksimenko

A force is calling for application. USSR was nothing better back then. Germany, when it had balls, owned the whole Europe. Mongols. Romans. Greeks. Never ending story. Now is US turn and nothing more. Some 50 years later China becomes a technological/military/ecomonical power with high population pressure. It needs new territories... Shall I go on?

16. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

Of course, you are right. You DO lots of good, and not always for a politicall gain. I allways will defend (and belive me it's not easy thinking here) the Clinton administration actuations in old yugoslavia, when europe didn't wanted (or was not ready) to take the responsability. It's not very popular, but is my believe.

But we can't hide the bad that US is bringing nowadays to the world, in this case inflating the terrorists movements taht will strike not only US, but all it's allies (we suffered this in madrid).

We have to denunce it, not for the terrorists to give them reassons, but for human rights and justice. We don't justify this, not in name of security not in name of war on terror. The democratic state is not working well if those guys/kids are not in jail now. If you just put it "under the carpet" it will happen again, and this is bad because the blood of the innocents feeds the terrorists hate. And to me is not an excuse that they are kids. They are soldiers, and have a duty to do, If US admits Kids in their army it's their fault not to have a control of who is entering the army bu it's the kid's fault as well, don't forget their responsability. Too many motivation, hate and loud songs in their humvees. They represent democracy in iraq, freedom. They shouldn't forget this.

My fear is why we have now 10 times the terrorists we had before the war on terror. Don't you think that something is going wrong?

But listening you i understand that more and more people want to make the things RIGHT, and this gives hope to the entire world. Cause the US is the 1st military power in the world, and we all depend that US keeps the head cold and uses this power to make the right.

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

The most humanitarian aid spendings of one single country can be accounted to Japan. If European Uninon can be treated as one organism, it takes the role of humanitarian #1 of the world. U.S.A. would be around place 5 or 6 (if EU was not to be treated as a single organisation) or 3 (in the later case).

Humanitarian aid to my Country done by the U.S.A.:
    1. Selling our country to Soviet Russia's sphere of influence (1944)
    2. Minor help by U.S.Aid in 1944-46
    3. High-interest credits granted in the years 1973-76, we still pay off.
    4. Economic sanctions imposed on Poland in December 1981, which effectivly ruined our economy for the next 10 years.

American government spends so much on disaster relief lately, that it's Argentina, Venezuela and Cuba who first offered U.S. citizens aid after the terrible hurricane in New Orlean. Sad but true.

18. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

@Achtun,

No offense taken, no problem :)

What I actually meant were the events that would most probably happen before Franco would ever come to power in this case...

Oh, and I'm not American although tone of previous post could be "distracting" maybe :)

19. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

Yeah i agree, but the US of the WWII has changed so much...

Bush... bush... bush... he's making USA to be hated everywhere...

But at least we freaks can get to an agreement.

:)

20. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Have you noticed that there are no one representing the Other Side?
    The Other Side.
    We seem to be arguing with the wrong people.
    No one seems willing to step up to the plate and defend the Religious Extremist's point of view.
    I wonder why this is?
    Religious extremists, you know the current Most Talked About Ones, the latest of a history long string of them, well, they aren't willing to sit anywhere and debate with The Infidels.
    There is an old Jew Custom we ought to try out, it is the Yeshiva.
    The yeshiva is a place where men who wish to learn go to argue with each other.
    And it is a really old old old instition. In the old days, the "Giolden Age Of Judiasm, which was NOT Moses or any of that old crap, but was, indeed, the years of Islamic ascendency, isn't that neat, eh? The centuries that were the best times for Jewish Peoples were up in North Africa when those caliph types ruled...
    Anyway, I digress.
    I was sayin, we need to get the religious extremists [you know what I mean] to take The Rest Of Us seriously and consider us worthy enough to argue with, so we can get them into the public debate and show them the error of religious extremism [you know what kind I mean]. We are always gonna have terrorists, but political terror [of the kind I mean, which is, really, a political movement as much as it is religious] can be gone bye byes, if only.
    Well, a painful thing is brought up like one of those akward questions children ask when ya sayin, "Well, if religious extremists sat in a Yeshiva and we all argued our views, the extremists would be shown to be in error, bigtiime, see:
    religious extremism wilts under the actinic light of critical analysis. SO they won't enter into a debate, which is what the haven't done already and won't [that hurt my brain, I have to stop now]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006