20Th Anniversary of the biggest bluff in history of >Green Propaganda<

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -frog-, Apr 25, 2006.

1. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Re: 20Th Anniversary of the biggest bluff in history of >Green Propaganda<

backwards idiots, yes, but dont forget paranoid also

2. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you've introduced yourself and your pack.

Can you post something relevant, or will you remain OT?

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

In m famil there is a girl, she is my niece. She came from someplace very near pripyet or pripet? The closed town near the reactor facitlity. No, that's wrong, her parents came from there.
    She is adopted. Her parents are, um, well, annonymous.
    She was born after the thing went up poof.

She came here when she was two years old. I got to sit and watch a little, neurotic girl discover a thing called a 'refrigerator.' I am sure she knew what those things are, but she hadn't been allowed to open the door of one while living in an old, just gone broke, soviet era, orphanage.
    She had and still has a stutter. She gasps in mid sentence when she is talking. And she does that often, every few seconds, when the lovely niece foundling of mine speaks, she gasps.
    She is lovely, every bit a little princess. I wish I knew what happenned to her when she was tiny and defensless.

Radiation illness is not the ONLY illness happens to people who suffer a catastrophe. There are many MANY people who are connected to that catastrophe only through their parents or other relatives. Just like there are many people in many places who are affected profoundly who never saw a day of the war their parents suffered for years and years and years. Disease finds vectors. Mental illness can also be transmitted. Like our little niece, Miya. She is gonna make it. I don't think she is gonna explode and dissappear or anything, but she has to live with the affects of two years of her earliest times spent in a malnourished, dog-eat-dog orphanage life.

How man people 'died?' If 30 'died' this is supposed to be less a catastrophe then if, say 300 died? According to who?
    My niece isn't a statistic, she is real. And what has happenned to her cannot be enumerated, therefore, her problems aren't applied to 'the numbers.'

Now the little dear gets to live around a nest of hydroelectric damns, which is what British Columbia is. She ain't bright enough to fear. She is somewhat typical of girls raised here. Not much up-stairs. In twenty years she will be fat and divorced and have four kids and a valium habit or booze or something. She won't be pretty anymore. She won't look like a pitiable, doe eyed, beauty anymore, she will just be another spoiled rotten city girl from North America gone to fat. Ans still, no one will care what happenned to her, not officially, anyway.
    And then maybe, as I get old, I will get to watch as Miya's children, who would be my grand-nephews and nieces, grow up with gasping stutters or a crazed, animal attitude at mealtimes...
    Or the anorexia nervosa my sister, Miya's Adopted Mother had, and loving handed to her foundling princess as a legacy.
    THAT is wierd. Russian girls look best with big bones. I love that. But this girl isn't quite russian. She isn't quite a 'victim' she isn't quite applicable.

I am glad she is part of my family.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

No, that's an extremist's point of view, as you know. I think Dr. Goebbels was the last person who wrote things like that :) (Off-topic and a different context, but that reminds me of the Blok poem, Scythians or Скифы.)

BTW, my colleagues and I were discussing the results of the recent ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest:

Rank Name Solved Time
    1 Saratov State University 6 917
    2 Jagiellonian University - Krakow 6 1258
    3 Altai State Technical University 5 681
    4 University of Twente 5 744
    5 Shanghai Jiao Tong University 5 766
    6 St. Petersburg State University 5 815
    7 Warsaw University 5 820
    8 Massachusetts Institute of Technology 5 831
    9 Moscow State University 5 870
    10 Ufa State Technical University of Aviation 5 980

5. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

ukrainies and russians many time not live long enough develop cancer

lookie dis one

und dis Tabelle

'Age-standardized rates (ASRs) were also calculated; these take into account differences in the age structure of the populations being compared. This is necessary because the incidence and mortality rates for most cancers increase rapidly with age, so that populations containing a high proportion of old people will tend to have a higher overall (crude) rate than one with mainly young people.'
    even wit dis a dirt-poor nigger in SudAfrika has less chance die cancer then russkie oder polak oder ukrainie in the europe eastern

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  6. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

no no no no

good u dont understand

i want u think u ar correct

in same way i want u think u have no brochen leg when in truth u do

7. Tombow

Tombow Well-Known Member

@frog: I never thought that we would share the same opinion. But i second that with no reserves!

You got it right on all points. Global epidemiologic trends in thyroid cancer are pseudo-increasing, which means they're increasing only due to more advanced diagnostics (of which some weren't available by 1986). As for leukaemia, mean latency time after exposition to gamma rays is about 20 years. Ant the expected raise in the rate of leukaemia among Tschernobyl survivors has been NOT observed so far.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Well, to say nuclear power is ecologically clean is stretching it a bit, tho, don't you think? Even tho I agree that, for now, we cannot do without it.

9. Tombow

Tombow Well-Known Member

@Red Ant: Emissions from nuclear power are much lower than these of conventional power sources (hydroelectric plants, solar and wind power excluded, altough every one of those has envirnomental issues on its own). Especially when considering the emissions per unit of power produced and the maintenance costs. And if you as about the fuel - well, how often nuclear reactors are fully refuelled (i mean the WHOLE fuelload replaced)? Every 15-20 or more years. And (in the case of a common reactor), the burned-out fuel can be even further utilized in a CANDU-type reactor for further 15-20 years. What does one get for that? Power generation with very low (if any) CO2 emissions, no consumption of precious fossil fuels. And even nowadays, spent fuel can be effectively reprocessed.

IMHO, the "envirnomental issues" of nuclear power are a hype grossly exaggerated by some demagogic or bad-informed parties or just a popular thema to be abused as a key issue in their politics. The german Green Party is a prime example of such "organisation".

10. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

ROTFL

read that reputation note (bad rep for me):
    Let me know who you are, and I'll break your jaw with pleasure... for what you named my mother.

11. Red Ant

Filter thru the suspects using the usual method. But somehow I doubt you're going to break anybody's jaw.

12. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

wich one?

13. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Uncles, how many young Russians you think will understand this second context? ;)

LOL I wanted to post it here, but you did it first.

Let me explain to other Western Civilised People here:

Out of ten places: five Russian teams, two Polish, one British, one Chniese, one US.

Sure, we are backwards idiots, yes, but dont forget, paranoid also.

I mean - uneducated. And my institute's work for our health's sake is all propaganda.

Keep destroying your nuclear powerstations. So far you Euros only buy natural gas and oil from us barbarians, and coal from Poland and Ukraine, so we seriously want you guys to pay us for electricity.

Keep in mind that electricity from nuclear powerstations is dangerous, so if you buy French elictricity you are in danger. Beware!

14. Boroda

Frog, I hope you'll make pictures of that.

Being intelligent doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't break someone's jaw, am I right? Sometimes it just proves that one of the sides wasn't smart enough to avoid body damage...

I think that all this "virtual wars" are just mind games, and, as Ukrainians say - "the fool gets richer with thought" (durak dumkoy bogateyet - sorry for russianised spelling), but some things are definetly improper. Especially when one side provides facts and other side operates in terms of faith.

"Everyone knows that radiation kills! Kills immediately!"

1) Radiation kills immediately when you can boil eggs on it.
    2) I wonder how all this people wanted to have a nuclear war with us.
    3) I hate opinions that "everyone knows". 99% of what "everyone knows" is bullshit. So it goes. Try to develop your own opinion, based on your own experience or education, following the scientific method. Should I explain what a "scientific method" is?

Frog, ya govoril chto vy hloptsy budete tut dobrymi gostyami? Milosti prosim, nadumaete priehat' - budu rad priyutit' dvoih ili troih (2-3).

15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Many, I would hope :) That was one of the first poems they made us read.

I wasn't sure that even many Russians were aware of the competition, but you guys did really well. Yes, tonight I was having dinner with a computer science professor (who speaks Russian), and he was depressed. Damn ;)

The sad thing is that I was just this week working on writing some algorithms to solve some problems similar to some in the contest, and I'm still not getting the correct results. But of course, I don't claim to be a good programmer...

16. Red Ant

All the people? There were a few fucked up in the head, hardcore USAF generals that advocated a nuclear war against the USSR could be 'winnable' at the cost of 25 million American lives*. Apart from those clowns, I don't think anyone was overly keen on nuking it out with you guys.

* And that ended when the USSR effectively developed an ability to retaliate in kind anyway.

17. Boroda

Sorry I am drunk, sitting at my Father's flat and I used a word "all" in a wrong place ;)

It's now a set expression, idiomatic, about that Western powers who wanted to have a nuclear war with us (and they definetly planned it) - but they... i don't know how to explain. Their nations long ago forgot how to survive. Like ice-cream in trenches and cold coke.

It's quite stupid to explain such things. :(

18. Red Ant

Yes of course NATO had all sorts of plans about all possible things. I can assure you the Warsaw Pact had similar plans. I mean hell, that's what generals get paid for. They sit over maps and plan crazy stuff. :znaika:

19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Ok- already the second guess brought the definitive answer...

First I typed gandhi... but nothing happened...

then I thought that grammar's a bit to elevated for it to be gandhi's....

guess who was the second (and correct) guess?

20. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

gandhi couldn't give you bad reputation, because he's already in negative. And he would not give you anyways.

Broz would.