Strategy Draft, Rev 01

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by mcosta, Jun 17, 2001.

1. mcosta

mcosta Guest

2. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

Hi mcosta

sry for my maybe stupid quastion... i read your draft... i wonder - are these possible changes to introduce to FH to make it more war-like? If so i like it very much. Could u pls say something more about the general idea of this draft & what are the effects u'd like to achieve with implementing thata stuff??? If it's gonna make WB more complex game than i cant wait till the time comes :)

------------------
    -blue-

302 Polish SQ Poznanski

3. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

As I told you already, I loved it, but I'm not sure how much of it can be suported by the WB system (I mean mostly the ground units and their actions).

-blue-, what I think they are trying to achieve is a more realistic approach to the war. I don't think there were Ju88s bombing allied airfields and then 109s capping it until the arrival of a Ju52 to capture it [​IMG]. Airplanes were used mostly in 2 ways, ground support and strategic use. None of them are represented in WB. That's is what they are trying to achieve.

------------------
    Major -fla--
    Commander of the Jambock Subgroup and Contact Officer.
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

4. mcosta

mcosta Guest

The idea is very simple. Attack fleets, kill ground troops and make strategic strikes to kill enemy production. If you need to take/close an enemy field in the way, just do it.

What are we doing at warbirds right now? Dogfighting and capturing fields... how many times did that happen in WW2? The germans attacked Crete, the US did the same in other occasions in the pacific, but normally, the airforce was used to kill ground/sea installations and each others...

Some of these stuff have to be programmed ont he server, of course... but I think the FE would cope with them, without a problem ( well... lots of tanks mean lots of 3d objects... slower computers may suffer a bit, but I think it's worth the new approach to the game... )

Man, even the Hs129 and other planes would have a completelly new use in the game! Just imagine!

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

5. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

HEllo guys, it's been a while since I've played in FH [​IMG].

I just wanted to say that this kind of ideas also makes ppl use planes that usually they don't: JU87G (anti-tank) and most bombers.

Also it would be nice to see in the skies of FH a formation of 3+ B17 [​IMG]

PS: My exams are almost over, so i'll be joining you in the skies of FH really soon [​IMG]

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

[This message has been edited by Platy (edited 20 June 2001).]

6. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Don't remind me of our attack, some weeks ago... 3x He177 flying in formation [​IMG]
    Let's just say that we got 2 medium fields with the cooperation of the other golds [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS: Nice to see you back platy [​IMG]

7. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

8. rcosta

rcosta FH Beta Tester

And that's pretty incomplete... :mafia: